Imran99

Visa expired before Point of entry

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi VJ family members 

I'm living in Ireland since 2017 and my wife is USC.we got married in 8 July 2018.

She applied cr1 visa and we got approved on

19 May 2021.

Our 2nd Marriage Anniversary is after exactly 30 days from today.

We decided to wait and get ir1 visa at poe.

My question is that My Ireland visa is going to be expired on 7 July 2021.

Exactly one day before 2nd Marriage anniversary.

We already book a ticket for 12 July 2021.

I'm travelling from Ireland to usa .

Is my expired Ireland visa is going to be an issue at poe???

Thanks in advance 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Unlikely, but why burn that bridge?  What if you ever  want  to return to Ireland?

To renew my Ireland visa is not a problem but just the time.

After submitting your passport Ireland visa processing time taking 8 to 10 weeks and 2 weeks to return passport.

My cr1 visa expires  in start of September.

So I don't want to take risk.....

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

But will they give you a new visa after you overstayed? I think that's what @Jorgedig was going for

My question was different if you read carefully.

My question was that after overstayed 5 days in Ireland is it going to be a problem at poe??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Imran99 said:

My question was that after overstayed 5 days in Ireland is it going to be a problem at poe??

Not a problem for the US. Just a problem if you ever want to return to Ireland. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

this statement is under spouse visa on USCIS site (althought it doesn't make sense to me as immigrants intend to stay but it is there)

so your post here says Pakistan and you talking about Ireland passport .

so,  which passport has the visa stamp 

if on a Pakistan passport and valid till September,  you have time to renew the one from Ireland

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/immigrant-visa-for-spouse.html

Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States, unless longer validity is specifically requested by the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your country. Please review the instructions for guidance.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

this statement is under spouse visa on USCIS site (althought it doesn't make sense to me as immigrants intend to stay but it is there)

so your post here says Pakistan and you talking about Ireland passport .

so,  which passport has the visa stamp 

if on a Pakistan passport and valid till September,  you have time to renew the one from Ireland

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/immigrant-visa-for-spouse.html

Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States, unless longer validity is specifically requested by the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your country. Please review the instructions for guidance.

My Pakistan passport has a visa sticker on it.

I'm just over worried. 

I think there are no any reasons for CBP to deny your entry if you have immigrant visa??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Imran99 said:

US won't care about your overstay in Ireland 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
12 hours ago, Imran99 said:

Is my expired Ireland visa is going to be an issue at poe???

Thanks in advance 

It won’t be a problem at POE which will be in Ireland as CBP has preclearance stations in Irelabd.  

But why not  leave Irelabd on time and go to a third country for your second marriage anniversary.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 hours ago, Imran99 said:

I'm living in Ireland since 2017 and my wife is USC.we got married in 8 July 2018.

She applied cr1 visa and we got approved on

19 May 2021.

Our 2nd Marriage Anniversary is after exactly 30 days from today.

We decided to wait and get ir1 visa at poe.

If you married in 2018, then your 2 year anniversary was last year. Your timeline says 2019.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
11 hours ago, Imran99 said:

I read carefully. Like it was said before CBP won't care that you overstay your visa in Ireland. We just pointed out that if you overstay in Ireland they might won't give you a visa again to return there someday and that would be sad since you probably have friends there that you might want to visit again.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

If you married in 2018, then your 2 year anniversary was last year. Your timeline says 2019.

Sorry my mistake.

I got married on 8 July 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Imran99 said:

Sorry my mistake.

I got married on 8 July 2019

OK.  Thanks.  My wife entered the United States 30 days prior to our 2nd anniversary.  We, now, wish she had waited......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

It won’t be a problem at POE which will be in Ireland as CBP has preclearance stations in Irelabd.  

But why not  leave Irelabd on time and go to a third country for your second marriage anniversary.  

This is a really good idea. Leave Ireland on time, spend some days in a third country with the spouse, then enter the US. 

The possible hiccups I see are:

- how easy is it to obtain another visa to a third country

- any COVID test or quarantine requirements to enter that third country

- how easy it is to get the COVID test that the US requires

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.