Kitty1

K1 visa current time frame-when do you Think - medical exam ?

13 posts in this topic

If we not starting the k1 process until late sept early oct this year. What is your opinion of when my fiancé do his medical exam .

Like if the k1 is file early oct and sent off and we wait for approval then it sent to embassy. What month this year or next approximately you think the medical exam take place 

what are we looking at 

just trying to get ideal 

Edited by Kitty1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm sorry to say this, but there is really no way we can give you a specific date or time to do it. You can look at timeframes for the country you're filing from, but with covid some have become more than a little unreliable. Also, some countries have immense backlogs of K1 visas because they weren't processing them.

South African Timelines, tweak with the settings to get your specifics.

Current Processing Times, to see an idea of how long it'll take you to get through USCIS.

👐

Patience......patience.

1 minute ago, neca said:

I'm sorry to say this, but there is really no way we can give you a specific date or time to do it. You can look at timeframes for the country you're filing from, but with covid some have become more than a little unreliable. Also, some countries have immense backlogs of K1 visas because they weren't processing them.

South African Timelines, tweak with the settings to get your specifics.

Current Processing Times, to see an idea of how long it'll take you to get through USCIS.

Oh no i wasn’t looking for specific was wondering 

From filing i129f to noa2 like when is a medical exam set up is that after noa2 approve 

*~*~*processing time question moved from “process avd procedures” to “progress reports”*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Just now, Kitty1 said:

Oh no i wasn’t looking for specific was wondering 

From filing i129f to noa2 like when is a medical exam set up is that after noa2 approve 

Oh, I see. Well, the second link will give you about the current timeframes for K1 visas, just to give you an idea of when you'll get to the NOA2 point.

I just had a look over the flowchart for a K1 here, it seems like the process is similar to an IR-1/CR-1 (which is where I'm more familiar) in that your fiancé will set up the medical after the NVC stage. Note that the times listed there are pre-covid. I know for us we couldn't set up the medical until we had the interview appointment time/date. I don't know if that's the same for a K1, and expect people will chime in with the answer. ☺️

👐

Patience......patience.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Kitty1 said:

If we not starting the k1 process until late sept early oct this year. What is your opinion of when my fiancé do his medical exam .

Like if the k1 is file early oct and sent off and we wait for approval then it sent to embassy. What month this year or next approximately you think the medical exam take place 

what are we looking at 

just trying to get ideal 

Impossible to answer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We applied in October and got our NOA1 on November 17th last year so it's been like 7 months since we applied. I'm from New Zealand. 

Me personally...I would think pretty carefully before choosing a K1 now as processing times are very long and is really hard without your significant other. All I'm saying is to take a really good look into what visa would best suit you even though you think K1 might be it, as it is a long process.

But if you find it is best for you, all the best and good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/9/2021 at 3:58 PM, Lucky Cat said:

You must plan carefully.  The visa, when issued, will expire no later than 6 months from the date the medical exam was done.  The medical should be one the last actions prior to the interview itself.  

Hello Lucky Cat,

I have been reading through forums and I keep seeing you pop-up with many well informed answers!! 

We have a Medical Exam question

In the situation my fiancée and I are looking at right now...we are nervous about where we will be stably...we also have the option of the medical exam in Ponta Delgada, Lisbon, or Paris...so we are wondering, if we schedule the medical exam for AFTER the interview...we know it will extend how long they have my fiancee's passport...but is this acceptable as long as the medical exam is scheduled?

Thanks!

Christian

1 hour ago, Christian And Van said:

if we schedule the medical exam for AFTER the interview

The downside being that if something occurs at the medical or the consulate has an issue is that you get stuck figuring it out.   Best to do the medical right before the interview and use the medical at the location of the interview.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.