srajeevan

Contact credit card company and dispute the USCIS application fee.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

This may be silly question,but I would like to hear some suggestions.

So I have applied for travel extension for my sister(on November) who is an LPR.She was here in USA and had to travel back last month.We applied for travel extension(I-131) as due to this current covid situation it is not sure if she can come back with in 6 Months or in an year period.Unfortunately coz of the delay due to COVID , even though we applied on November we got to know this week that USCIS started processing her application.USCIS charged my credit card.But my sister had to return and she is no longer is available for biometric as part of the application.So her I-131 will get  denied.

I know it is not right ,but is it okay if I go to my credit card company and dispute the application fee that was charged.?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I suppose there is nothing stopping you, but what would be the basis of your dispute?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
49 minutes ago, srajeevan said:

Hi All,

This may be silly question,but I would like to hear some suggestions.

So I have applied for travel extension for my sister(on November) who is an LPR.She was here in USA and had to travel back last month.We applied for travel extension(I-131) as due to this current covid situation it is not sure if she can come back with in 6 Months or in an year period.Unfortunately coz of the delay due to COVID , even though we applied on November we got to know this week that USCIS started processing her application.USCIS charged my credit card.But my sister had to return and she is no longer is available for biometric as part of the application.So her I-131 will get  denied.

I know it is not right ,but is it okay if I go to my credit card company and dispute the application fee that was charged.?

If you know it's not right, then why do you think it might be okay?

You paid USCIS to process the application.  They did their part.  What would you be disputing?  

When you send a payment, you agree to pay for a government service. Filing and biometric service fees are final and non-refundable, regardless of any action we take on your application, petition, or request, or if you withdraw your request.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-131

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just putting it out there, but is it smart to dispute a charge with a government entity responsible for immigration? Unless of course you believe you will not be filling out any sort of immigration document in the future? You could have sent a message and drawn your application as soon as you found out your sister had to go back

9 hours ago, srajeevan said:

But my sister had to return and she is no longer is available for biometric as part of the application.So her I-131 will get  denied.

Actually, a denial is not certain. There is a major backlog with biometrics and appointments for reentry permit applicants has taken a back seat behind other types of applicants. Who knows, USCIS may issue some biometric reuse notices instead. The requirement is to be present in the US at the time of filing; thus can leave and return for biometrics if appointment notice is issued. See 8 CFR § 223.2(b)(1).

Edited by HRQX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.