Nature Boy 2.0

Migrant caravan member cites Biden’s pledge to suspend deportations for 100 days as reason for traveling to US

142 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If this happens, the caravans will get much more regular.  Kind of a slap in the face to those doing things legally.  Apologies if already posted.  

Biden immigration bill would put millions of illegal immigrants on 8-year fast-track to citizenship

A pathway to citizenship -- not just legal status -- for illegal immigrants has been a top agenda item for liberals and immigration activists for decades and now -- with Democratic control of the White House, House and Senate -- that goal could be in sight.

It would also grant immediate green cards to hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants protected from deportation under Temporary Protected Status (TPS) and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) programs. President Trump had moved to abolish DACA, the 2012 Obama-era executive order that protected those who came to the U.S. as children. But he was rebuffed by the Supreme Court, and Harris said that "we are going to expand protections for Dreamers and DACA recipients."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-immigration-billl-illegal-immigrants-path-to-citizenship

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
3 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

That seems like a Faustian bargain. Two major issues to address there, but personally I'd prioritize getting rid of criminal drug cartels.

This level of diplomacy is well above my pay grade.  It could be that calling the cartels terror organizations would give the US authority to fire tomahawk missiles from the Gulf of Mexico in at targets or flying drones in to blow hell out of something.   Both of which probably doesn't go over well with the President of a sovereign nation.    It's difficult to armchair quarterback this one.  

3 minutes ago, GregandNatty said:

This level of diplomacy is well above my pay grade.  It could be that calling the cartels terror organizations would give the US authority to fire tomahawk missiles from the Gulf of Mexico in at targets or flying drones in to blow hell out of something.   Both of which probably doesn't go over well with the President of a sovereign nation.    It's difficult to armchair quarterback this one.  

There are many aspects, but primarily that it's easier to go after them if their criminal activities affect the USA without actually waiting to catch them here. It also enhances the ability to freeze their financial assets. 

Like I said, personally I would prioritize getting rid of the cartels and deal with stopping unauthorized entry of migrants at the border rather than the other way around. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

There are many aspects, but primarily that it's easier to go after them if their criminal activities affect the USA without actually waiting to catch them here. It also enhances the ability to freeze their financial assets. 

Like I said, personally I would prioritize getting rid of the cartels and deal with stopping unauthorized entry of migrants at the border rather than the other way around. 

You want to invade Mexico?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

The cartels probably have a direct line to the President and would probably complain if their daily torture and execution/beheading sessions they put out all over the internet seemingly on a daily basis were interrupted. 

just don't put them in cages.......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

6 hours ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

A mostly peaceful invasion.

Task , use invasion in a sentance

Bill Clinton launched an invasion og Lewinsky with a cigar.

1 minute ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

That sounds painful.

That is a dissertation that would probably not be family friendly 

4 hours ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

The cartels probably have a direct line to the President and would probably complain if their daily torture and execution/beheading sessions they put out all over the internet seemingly on a daily basis were interrupted. 

4 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

There have already been corroborated reports that almost everyone in the previous administration in Mexico was paid off to the tune of tens of millions a year at least. I haven't seen anything to say that the current one is but he did get pretty pissed off after a high ranking official was arrested by the DEA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Draconian administrative action has been applied to a participant's account for condoning lawbreaking.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

34 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

I miss everything. 

I get all tingling when i hear draconian. 

I think a medieval action would be nice 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I get all tingling when i hear draconian. 

I think a medieval action would be nice 

how about drawing and quartering?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!