Nature Boy 2.0

Migrant caravan member cites Biden’s pledge to suspend deportations for 100 days as reason for traveling to US

142 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

Really? This is the first time I've heard that USCIS is considering assimilation other than speaking English and knowing basic civics. Where in the N-400 is the question about assimilation? Or about political views? 

You do know that many of those that come in illegally or through the faux asylum process usually go to live in ethnic neighborhoods with no real means of assimilation right?

3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

So you want to drive down wages as well for people already living and working here in the USA?

No, I certainly don't want that. I'm just saying what's likely to happen. I really doubt that the people in the caravan are going to get citizenship. Would I want them to eventually? Yes. But I have my doubts that this is feasible. 

Just now, Orangesapples said:

And who's saying I support other countries not allowing people in? I know the current world inequality makes it impractical to have truly open borders everywhere but a compromise would be an immigration system in which it's straightforward for people to move from one country to another. 

It is pretty straight forward to come here. You have to come here through family, work, diversity, or refugee. 

1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

You do know that many of those that come in illegally or through the faux asylum process usually go to live in ethnic neighborhoods with no real means of assimilation right?

This doesn't change the fact that USCIS is not asking about assimilation and that there is no assimilation requirement for naturalization. 

Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

It is pretty straight forward to come here. You have to come here through family, work, diversity, or refugee. 

So only a few lucky people have a chance. I don't think that the fact that I fell in love with an American makes me more deserving of living here than someone with no ties here 

Just now, Burnt Reynolds said:

So then there is no problem about being transparent.

I was never going to not be transparent, I'm just confused as to where this is even asked. Is it part of the N-400 or part of the interview? Please explain? 

4 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

No, I certainly don't want that. I'm just saying what's likely to happen. I really doubt that the people in the caravan are going to get citizenship. Would I want them to eventually? Yes. But I have my doubts that this is feasible. 

Well that is what happens especially for blue collar jobs. Do you live in a house? If you were sending out a request for bids for specific project for you and you had two competing companies with the exact same quality bid on it. Who would you want to work on your project, the lowest or the highest bidder? 

I am asking this because many companies use illegals as labor because it keeps their costs down low because they have to pay for UI, Taxes, Health, etc. All the while the companies hiring USCs and Legal residents have to charge higher because they have to factor all of that cost in when bidding on your project

Edited by Cyberfx1024

5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

On a side note, I love ethnic neighborhoods, they're one of my favorite things about the US. 

3 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

So only a few lucky people have a chance. I don't think that the fact that I fell in love with an American makes me more deserving of living here than someone with no ties here 

Yes, unfortunately only a few can come here. We certainly don't want the whole world coming here. 

3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Well that is what happens especially for blue collar jobs. Do you live in a house? If you were sending out a request for bids for specific project for you and you had two competing companies with the exact same quality bid on it. Who would you want to work on your project, the lowest or the highest bidder? 

I am asking this because many companies use illegals as labor because it keeps their costs down low because they have to pay for UI, Taxes, Health, etc. All the while the companies hiring USCs and Legal residents have to charge higher because they have to factor all of that cost in when bidding on your project

That's why I think the lowest of the lowest of companies that exploit illegal immigrants. 

5 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

That's why I think the lowest of the lowest of companies that exploit illegal immigrants. 

So do I, and many of those who are in this thread with you think the same way. Unfortunately this is a bipartisan issue because many establishment Democrats and Republicans like the cheap labor

11 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

On a side note, I love ethnic neighborhoods, they're one of my favorite things about the US. 

You livein CA right?

2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

So do I, and many of those who are in this thread with you think the same way. Unfortunately this is a bipartisan issue because many establishment Democrats and Republicans like the cheap labor

I'm glad we can agree on this thing. 

1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

You livein CA right?

Yes, you can see in my timeline