Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

Since joining VJ there is a really bad attitude that the way that US Immigration operates is acceptable? Maybe it's because people who have already gone through the awful process think that other's should have to go through it too, and that it shouldn't be made easier for them? Kinda that whole deal about cancelling student debt, "but I paid my student debt, so should they".

Let's get real here, yes, we do have to work within the constraints of the process and law as it is today. But that doesn't stop us recognizing that US immigration law is an immoral abomination. The more new citizens of the US recognize this and demand better for the people who will join them down the process, the better.

Last time I checked, the US was a democracy and the law should change if there is a demand for it. We're trying to immigrate to the US, not flippin' China.

If you want to change the law, then go get Congress to change it.  We haven't had meaningful immigration reform for 40 years.

People need to deal with reality.  If they want to successfully navigate the system, then they need to take it upon themselves not to make things difficult for themselves.  

It's not a matter of I did it, so others have to do it too.  The reasons that many of us are here advising people is so they don't make mistakes.   We are trying to make it easier for them to successfully make their visa journey.  We encourage them to plan wisely for themselves.  

If newbies think that the law should bend to whatever they want, then they will be disappointed.

Don't shoot the messenger when you choose to not educate yourself and fail to plan wisely.  

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

If you want to change the law, then go get Congress to change it.  We haven't had meaningful immigration reform for 40 years.

People need to deal with reality.  If they want to successfully navigate the system, then they need to take it upon themselves not to make things difficult for themselves.  

It's not a matter of I did it, so others have to do it too.  The reasons that many of us are here advising people is so they don't make mistakes.   We are trying to make it easier for them to successfully make their visa journey.  We encourage them to plan wisely for themselves.  

If newbies think that the law should bend to whatever they want, then they will be disappointed.

Don't shoot the messenger when you choose to not educate yourself and fail to plan wisely.  

I recognize that, I don't dispute that people need to properly plan and be very aware of the pitfalls and traps that the system has. However, 'too bad so sad' isn't a great attitude to have. You're right the law won't bend to our wills, nor should it. After all we owe our safety, security and society to the proper execution of laws and good government.

But I feel discouraging people from being outraged at immigration law as it stands at this will do more harm than good. Part of what I've been doing is have been educating friends/family in the US on how the lawful process works and they're astonished and shocked at it. The more people realize that, the greater the odds of meaningful change will be down the line.

Right now, US restrictionist immigration policy is doing much harm to the country...if I had a dime for every time I saw an American company setting up a branch in Canada because it's easier to get talent into Canada, I'd be a very rich guy. Those jobs that those offices create are going to Canadians rather than Americans.

Anyway, I fear I'm about to get flogged by the mods for bringing this thread so off topic from MTL interviews, so I'll leave this at that.

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

If a child is born after I130 approval and CRBA is denied, I think the consulate has the discretion to add the child to the immigrating parents petition,

https://www.justia.com/immigration/marriage-family-based-petitions/adding-children-after-i-130-approval/#:~:text=Sometimes a child will be,approves the I-130 petition.&text=However%2C a child born to,as the other family members.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

I recognize that, I don't dispute that people need to properly plan and be very aware of the pitfalls and traps that the system has. However, 'too bad so sad' isn't a great attitude to have. You're right the law won't bend to our wills, nor should it. After all we owe our safety, security and society to the proper execution of laws and good government.

But I feel discouraging people from being outraged at immigration law as it stands at this will do more harm than good. Part of what I've been doing is have been educating friends/family in the US on how the lawful process works and they're astonished and shocked at it. The more people realize that, the greater the odds of meaningful change will be down the line.

Right now, US restrictionist immigration policy is doing much harm to the country...if I had a dime for every time I saw an American company setting up a branch in Canada because it's easier to get talent into Canada, I'd be a very rich guy. Those jobs that those offices create are going to Canadians rather than Americans.

Anyway, I fear I'm about to get flogged by the mods for bringing this thread so off topic from MTL interviews, so I'll leave this at that.

I told the guy to plan not to get pregnant when derivative beneficiaries are not allowed and a CRBA can not be obtained.  He wants to know what happens if she gets pregnant again and it becomes a never ending cycle.

I told him to plan accordingly.

He said it was NEVER ACCEPTABLE.  EVER.  

This is a case of a newbie who wants the laws to change for him.  

I am not going to have a debate with you about immigration laws.  It's not going to change for this guy.  

I am trying to help, but if he is insistent that he should be able to get what he wants when the law doesn't allow it, then it's on him.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, usaBoundSud said:

If a child is born after I130 approval and CRBA is denied, I think the consulate has the discretion to add the child to the immigrating parents petition,

https://www.justia.com/immigration/marriage-family-based-petitions/adding-children-after-i-130-approval/#:~:text=Sometimes a child will be,approves the I-130 petition.&text=However%2C a child born to,as the other family members.

This is for family based immigration cases.  It's does not apply to Immediate Relative cases. 

The US Embassy/Consulate has no discretion to add a child to an Immediate Relative case.

Notice in the article you linked, there is nothing about a CRBA because the article is not about a US citizen petitioning for his spouse.  

Here is the last paragraph of the article your provided; 

If you become a U.S. citizen between the approval of the I-130 and the visa application of your foreign national spouse, your spouse and your child would become immediate relatives. Derivative beneficiaries are not allowed in the immediate relative category. You would need to file a new I-130 petition for the child, but the wait should be brief because immediate relatives get priority.

Edited by aaron2020

Well. It is a painful process, and if anyone wants to help. Do your part "US citizens" can reach out to the senators in his or her state and raise the concern about the lengthy process, may be this subject will be placed on the table and a real immigration reform happens, that allow a smooth consular processing. 

Hello - I became DQ'ed on April 16, but under the F2A category.  My wife just got her U.S. naturalization certificate, so I'm eligible to upgrade to IR-1 category. Do I make the request with NVC or the consulate? 

Also, would appreciate being added to the tracker spreadsheet, but not sure if this is the place to ask.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, bkoz said:

Hello - I became DQ'ed on April 16, but under the F2A category.  My wife just got her U.S. naturalization certificate, so I'm eligible to upgrade to IR-1 category. Do I make the request with NVC or the consulate? 

Also, would appreciate being added to the tracker spreadsheet, but not sure if this is the place to ask.

I would start with AskNVC because until the Consulate schedules your interview, your case would be at the NVC. They should be able to upgrade your visa category without issue.

Please fill out your timeline if you haven't already. @Hawk Riders can add you in then.

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

3 minutes ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

I would start with AskNVC because until the Consulate schedules your interview, your case would be at the NVC. They should be able to upgrade your visa category without issue.

Please fill out your timeline if you haven't already. @Hawk Riders can add you in then.

My timeline's up to date (also includes my wife's citizenship stuff as well, which is why I have both permanent residence and citizenship timelines).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed for  TOS Violation. The continued discussion of CRBA needs to be taken to the proper forum. The question has been answered on how to bring a USC child to the US via CRBA and if that child is denied CRBA what to do. Any other discussion on changes to the system need to be in their own thread.~~

TOS- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums.

-Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.