Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, vonniehk said:

Slow to post and update but January 26, 2021 filer.  YSC Potomac center.  

NOA1 recd on 3/9/2021

Biometrics waived 4/1/2021

Now just waiting! 

Potomac center here too. Been on "biometrics waved" since 04/29.. My timeline here has estimation of May 2022... which is too long...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Interestingly... my husband’s biometrics initially got waived (on 4/2), and now we got a notice to appear (dated 6/25) for a biometrics appointment (on 7/23). Processing in YSC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/17/2021 at 11:46 AM, mrssurman said:

Interestingly... my husband’s biometrics initially got waived (on 4/2), and now we got a notice to appear (dated 6/25) for a biometrics appointment (on 7/23). Processing in YSC.

Same exact thing here. YSC service center. So weird that we got the waived letter and now have to appear this Friday. So frustrating how much slower some service centers are than others : /

EDIT: Just noticed both of us are in Charlotte. Even weirder now.

Edited by sumbunny

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 7/21/2021 at 3:02 PM, sumbunny said:

Same exact thing here. YSC service center. So weird that we got the waived letter and now have to appear this Friday. So frustrating how much slower some service centers are than others : /

EDIT: Just noticed both of us are in Charlotte. Even weirder now.

I’m wondering if they’re gearing up to approve without interview. One can dream, right? I don’t mind going through the interview process, but the timeline has been so wacky. I think our current approval estimate is Sept 2022, which is past the length of the extension letter.

Another similarity is that the immigrants in question are both from relatively low-risk VWP countries (yours looks like Canada, mine is Australia).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Approved !!!! 

RECEIVE DATE :Jan 13

RECEIVED MY EXTENSION : FEB 22

BIOMETRIC reUSED : MARCH 8

RFE: JULY 14

(for my RFE i had to open a service case request because they sent me an RFE which was not the documents i sent. My info and Receipt number was correct but all the details on it that they were asking weren’t mine. We sent almost everything when we filed last January. I still sent a response to the RFE and explaining that i cannot provide any additional documents because the RFE they sent was all for another person. 

CARD BEING PRODUCED : AUGUST 2

CASE APPROVED : AUGUST 03

CARD WAS MAILED : AUGUST 4

Just now, DFW0114 said:

Approved !!!! 

RECEIVE DATE :Jan 13

RECEIVED MY EXTENSION : FEB 22

BIOMETRIC reUSED : MARCH 8

RFE: JULY 14

(for my RFE i had to open a service case request because they sent me an RFE which was not the documents i sent. My info and Receipt number was correct but all the details on it that they were asking weren’t mine. We sent almost everything when we filed last January. I still sent a response to the RFE and explaining that i cannot provide any additional documents because the RFE they sent was all for another person. 

CARD BEING PRODUCED : AUGUST 2

CASE APPROVED : AUGUST 03

CARD WAS MAILED : AUGUST 4

SRC FILER BTW.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Finally received our biometric appointment letter today 08/06/21.
CR1 filed on 01/07/21
NOA1 received on 02/19/21

Edited by Kuneesa
*correction

On 8/10/2021 at 10:34 AM, reejo173 said:

hi all my fingerprint was taken on july 22 , till now the status is same. mine is MSC . will the interview be waived ? any idea when it will be approved ?

Had mine on July 7th and nothing has changed as of yet. Anyone who is MSC are people who had their initial green cards approved abroad so we will all have interviews here. Those getting waived are those who had an interview originally here in America. This is what I have been reading anyway. I don't expect to hear anything this year if I am honest by what I am reading in most of the forums. I will be sending my N400 in November and this tends to speed up the process or at least you will do both interviews at the same time. 

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :Texas Service Center

Date Filed :2021-01-14

NOA Date :2021-02-18

Bio. Appt. :2021-07-07

Interview Date :2022-01-11

Approval / Denial Date :2022-01-11

Approved :Yes

Green Card Received :2022-01-20

Citizenship

Service Center :Online

CIS Office :Los Angeles CA

Date Filed :2022-01-24

NOA Date :2022-01-24

Bio. Appt. :2022-02-23

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS :2022-02-23

Interview Date: 2022-04-27 

Approved :Yes

Oath Ceremony :2022-04-27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
6 hours ago, Jan filer said:

can I travel internationally with that receipt along with expired green card ?

Yes, the i751 receipt notice has an 18 month extension letter as a part of it. The expired green card and the 18 month extension letter together is all that is needed to reenter the USA.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jan filer said:

I don’t need to go uscis to get letter stamp or anything right ?

If you have the i751 receipt notice with the 18 month extension and the expired green card then no no need to go to USCIS for a i551 stamp. 

If your ROC is still pending 18 months after the expiration date on your green card you can make an infopass appointment to get an i551 stamp 30 days before the extension letter runs out. So no need for a stamp until the extension letter expires or you lose your old green card or receipt notice.

Remember the green card, the 18 month extension letter together are proof of your LPR status, when they expire your LPR status does not expire, only proof of your LPR status expires. You need proof of your LPR status to reenter the USA, get a new job, or renew your driver license. 

We traveled to Iran and back to the USA with an expired green card and the extension letter, no issues.

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

We received our approval letter yesterday and will be receiving the card tomorrow!!

-SERVICE CENTER: WAC - California Service Center

-FILE DATE: 1/30/2021

-BIOMETRICS WAIVED IN JULY

-NO INTERVIEW OR REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL INFO. IN FACT THEY RETURNED OUR PICTURES BACK TO US SAYING THEY COULD NOT ACCEPT THEM IN THE FORMAT I SENT THEM WHICH WAS A PHOTO BOOK. 

-APPROVAL DATE: 8/13/2021

-APPROVAL NOTICE RECEIVED: 8/19/2021

-CARD IN THE MAIL 8/19/2021

-SET TO RECEIVE PER TRACKING #: 8/21/2021

6 and a half months! 

On 8/15/2021 at 7:24 PM, da95826 said:

If you have the i751 receipt notice with the 18 month extension and the expired green card then no no need to go to USCIS for a i551 stamp. 

If your ROC is still pending 18 months after the expiration date on your green card you can make an infopass appointment to get an i551 stamp 30 days before the extension letter runs out. So no need for a stamp until the extension letter expires or you lose your old green card or receipt notice.

Remember the green card, the 18 month extension letter together are proof of your LPR status, when they expire your LPR status does not expire, only proof of your LPR status expires. You need proof of your LPR status to reenter the USA, get a new job, or renew your driver license. 

We traveled to Iran and back to the USA with an expired green card and the extension letter, no issues.

Thank you so much yes I do have i751 notice with expired green card and case is pending 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.