Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

Timeline
1 hour ago, youandme13 said:

I got a text today about my case receipt and is starts with MSC. 😭 means that the interview is not going to be waived. Sucks. It kinda scares me. I feel like I give all that proof I could ever think of !

If you came on a CR1 visa then I believe you are ineligible for a waiver. The interview waiver guidance says that only applicants previously interviewed by USCIS are eligible. So it'll probably be an easy interview, but who knows what the wait time will be.

1 hour ago, youandme13 said:

I got a text today about my case receipt and is starts with MSC. 😭 means that the interview is not going to be waived. Sucks. It kinda scares me. I feel like I give all that proof I could ever think of !

I am sorry you are feeling scared! You probably don't realize that ALL the couples with IR-1/CR-1 visa are going to be interviewed so it has nothing to do with the quality of your proof. I was apprehensive before my K-1 interview but the immigration officer was actually very nice. Not that it is always the case but if your relationship is solid you will be fine.

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
32 minutes ago, RamonGomez said:

If you came on a CR1 visa then I believe you are ineligible for a waiver. The interview waiver guidance says that only applicants previously interviewed by USCIS are eligible. So it'll probably be an easy interview, but who knows what the wait time will be.

This is true. From what I've read here on the forum, CR1 usually have to do an interview.

Edited by Kuneesa
Spelling

30 minutes ago, Tella&T said:

30 minutes ago, Tella&T said:

I am sorry you are feeling scared! You probably don't realize that ALL the couples with IR-1/CR-1 visa are going to be interviewed so it has nothing to do with the quality of your proof. I was apprehensive before my K-1 interview but the immigration officer was actually very nice. Not that it is always the case but if your relationship is solid you will be fine.

That made me feel  better. I didn't  know that the waiver doesn't  apply to IR-1/CR-1. I am confident  with  my relationship and the proof I sent. I can only hope for a smooth process.   Thanks🙂

Edited by youandme13

Got my receipt number (starting with EAC) today (2/9) via text. Case status confirms they received my application on 1/8/21. Check has not been cashed, no NOA1 just yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello January peeps!

We filed for the first time in November 2020. Got rejected for "failing to file within the 90 day expiring period" but our USPS Express Mail receipt shows that they received the application exactly 89 days before expiration date. It took them 2 months to send the application back. So frustrating. Anyway.... we´ve sent it again January 27th and are back in the waiting game...🙄

Good luck to everyone!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We mailed our packet on January 30th via UPS. We haven't heard anything, but it sounds like we might not for a couple more weeks if people who mailed a month ago are just now getting their checks cashed and receiving texts? Hopeful...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Just got text, case received by lockbox on 1/11 so took about a month exactly.  Check not cashed yet.  We're at VSC (EAC case #).

Hi everyone my package was received Jan 6 and my check was cashed Feb 9. My check is from Chase and they usually upload a copy of the check when is deposited. However, this time I couldn’t see the image of the check on my account even after it’s no longer pending so I couldn’t check if they put my case number on the check. I called the bank but they can’t do anything besides telling me if it’s not uploaded at the time that it’s deposited, it won’t be upload in the future. I didn’t fill the form for e notification (regret regret), and now I might worry about losing my mail nonstop until I receive the noa. I have lost mails from government office before because I live in an apartment complex and they may misplaced my mail in another box. 
Does anyone know what to do if I never receive the first noa? I imagine it would be difficult since I wouldn’t know my case# either.

Also, I’ve searched online people were saying bank always keeps a copy of the checks, maybe I should check my luck at a local branch?

Hi all since my check was cashed this morning is it too soon to call USCIS to get my case number?  Also my husband is the petitioner I am the USC, can I call for the information or does my husband have to call?

19 minutes ago, 3855777 said:

Hi everyone my package was received Jan 6 and my check was cashed Feb 9. My check is from Chase and they usually upload a copy of the check when is deposited. However, this time I couldn’t see the image of the check on my account even after it’s no longer pending so I couldn’t check if they put my case number on the check. I called the bank but they can’t do anything besides telling me if it’s not uploaded at the time that it’s deposited, it won’t be upload in the future. I didn’t fill the form for e notification (regret regret), and now I might worry about losing my mail nonstop until I receive the noa. I have lost mails from government office before because I live in an apartment complex and they may misplaced my mail in another box. 
Does anyone know what to do if I never receive the first noa? I imagine it would be difficult since I wouldn’t know my case# either.

Also, I’ve searched online people were saying bank always keeps a copy of the checks, maybe I should check my luck at a local branch?

I think USCIS converts the payment to an electronic payment.. Meaning it's not a physical check that they cash. They take your acct # and routing number and submit it as an ACH (automated clearing house) payment... Simple terms it wasn't a physical check presented to your bank so they probably won't have a copy of it.. 

3 minutes ago, MsKayC said:

I think USCIS converts the payment to an electronic payment.. Meaning it's not a physical check that they cash. They take your acct # and routing number and submit it as an ACH (automated clearing house) payment... Simple terms it wasn't a physical check presented to your bank so they probably won't have a copy of it.. 

thanks for explaining! I was worried because I could see the copy of the check I sent when I applied for i485 and I started to panic aha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.