Mazlyn

Visa refused Sent back to NVC

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you feel this is the right man for you and you see happiness in the future with him,  no one here will discourage you from continuing to persue for the visa

It will take about 6 months to hear from the USCIS office that will handle the NOID/NOIR
issues will be stated and they will not say age as they can not but it is a big red flag

Now you face the issues:

to go there and meet and get to know him(?) and marry in 5 days is a big red flag / marrying on the 1st visit is another red flag

to have the 20 years difference in ages is a big red flag (we have a bigger one and took us 6 years to overcome this issue and you will need to show this is for real by spending a lot of face time with him/ this will take more face time and a few years to overcome

moving there if you really want a spouse visa for here???? not the best idea /  a better one would be to search for a better paying job here and before you start it, go to his country and spend a month getting to really know him and how he will treat you/ then return to the better paying job and reapply / make another trip before the next interview and show you have both overcome the # of visits part plus addressing any other issues the CO had

when you do your 2020 tax returns, add your spouse according to the IRS instructions as this will help show you are starting to commingle your assets and you say you are married so you can not claim single

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/taxation-of-nonresident-aliens

21 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

If you feel this is the right man for you and you see happiness in the future with him,  no one here will discourage you from continuing to persue for the visa

It will take about 6 months to hear from the USCIS office that will handle the NOID/NOIR
issues will be stated and they will not say age as they can not but it is a big red flag

Now you face the issues:

to go there and meet and get to know him(?) and marry in 5 days is a big red flag / marrying on the 1st visit is another red flag

to have the 20 years difference in ages is a big red flag (we have a bigger one and took us 6 years to overcome this issue and you will need to show this is for real by spending a lot of face time with him/ this will take more face time and a few years to overcome

moving there if you really want a spouse visa for here???? not the best idea /  a better one would be to search for a better paying job here and before you start it, go to his country and spend a month getting to really know him and how he will treat you/ then return to the better paying job and reapply / make another trip before the next interview and show you have both overcome the # of visits part plus addressing any other issues the CO had

when you do your 2020 tax returns, add your spouse according to the IRS instructions as this will help show you are starting to commingle your assets and you say you are married so you can not claim single

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/taxation-of-nonresident-aliens

If i move there it would be to stay there and get citizenship there 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mazlyn said:

If i move there it would be to stay there and get citizenship there 

Make sure that is right for you before you make the move permanent 

Best to you both

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

With the big age gap, and only five days in person together, plus a very tough embassy with a track record of denials, you have to submit more evidence than most to convince the visa officer that the relationship is genuine.  My husband and I have a 27-year age gap, so by the time he had his visa interview I had made nine visits to be with him over a two year period, about 60 days together in total, and we sent lots of documentation to prove these visits, boarding passes, hotel receipts, passport stamps, photos with the original petition, then side loaded at the NVC stage, and more evidence taken to the visa interview.  We also did a lot of financial co-mingling and sent evidence of that, despite living in separate countries--joint US tax return, joint credit card, joint health/dental/vision insurance, beneficiary on life insurance, retirement accounts, bank accounts, will, living will, power of attorney, emails sent and received, record of daily video calls, affidavits from family, and much more.  The key in your case will be to submit more evidence of time spent together, the more the better, plus financial co-mingling evidence.  For time together you could do multiple visits to Pakistan or go live there together for a few months or more if you can arrange it.  Then file again and hopefully the officer will be convinced that your relationship is bona fide.  Good luck!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

With the big age gap, and only five days in person together, plus a very tough embassy with a track record of denials, you have to submit more evidence than most to convince the visa officer that the relationship is genuine.  My husband and I have a 27-year age gap, so by the time he had his visa interview I had made nine visits to be with him over a two year period, about 60 days together in total, and we sent lots of documentation to prove these visits, boarding passes, hotel receipts, passport stamps, photos with the original petition, then side loaded at the NVC stage, and more evidence taken to the visa interview.  We also did a lot of financial co-mingling and sent evidence of that, despite living in separate countries--joint US tax return, joint credit card, joint health/dental/vision insurance, beneficiary on life insurance, retirement accounts, bank accounts, will, living will, power of attorney, emails sent and received, record of daily video calls, affidavits from family, and much more.  The key in your case will be to submit more evidence of time spent together, the more the better, plus financial co-mingling evidence.  For time together you could do multiple visits to Pakistan or go live there together for a few months or more if you can arrange it.  Then file again and hopefully the officer will be convinced that your relationship is bona fide.  Good luck!

I had 5 trips  

1st was one month

2nd to marry was 2 months

3rd one month for a honeymoon

4th 3 months for Ramadan

5th 3 months 

that was 10 months with him and his family which is another thing you have to prove for high fraud countries is that his family approves as trying to live in his country with him if his family (mainly mother) does not approve,  your life will be miserable

6 hours ago, Mazlyn said:

The embassy in pakistan and yes its a 20 year age difference and only 5 days spent together.

This is the reason for the refusal.  It does not look like a legitimate marriage.

If you want to be together, you will either need to move to Pakistan, or put great effort (time + financial) into creating a bonafide marriage.

I suggest you spend many hours reading here on VJ.

4 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

moving there if you really want a spouse visa for here???? not the best idea

If they spend much more time together as a married couple it helps with the bona fide issue. The sponsorship angle is secondary, the embassy first has to decide the marriage is genuine before worrying about i864.

17 minutes ago, JFH said:

But she was prepared to bring him here and into her home after one visit of 5 days.

I agree that people should get to know each other better but it seems odd that we often see advice here that the USC should do their homework before moving overseas to the spouse but not when they are bringing spouses into their homes (and possibly living with their children) when they have only spent a few days together in person. 

I known him 4 years online and do trust him. I have searched online about moving to his country for sometime now actually. I feel its the right choice for me. I don’t have much in america no friends really and I have family but its just 2 brothers, a sister and niece. I know giving up alot to live in Pakistan, but I think its good for me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This is after all a site for those involved in moving Countries, many seem to forget that can go 2 ways.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.