Mazlyn

Visa refused Sent back to NVC

63 posts in this topic

My husband had an interview in September and they told him the visa was refused they didn’t tell him why just that is in administrative processing and would be sent back to nvc. The case got sent back to nvc a few days ago. I still don’t know why they refused us. They sent his passport back to him with nothing in it. I am waiting for nvc to send me a letter now. I don’t earn the required income last year or this year. Could that be why its refused and if so does the interviewer at consulate usually let the applicant know that is the reason for the refusal or does the nvc tell is that. They did ask him why his family was not in any of our wedding photos tho they were there when we got married. I just want to know does the consulate tell us the reason for refusal or is it the nvc that does that?

Not earning enough would not usually cause a total denial, it would normally cause the applicant to be issued a 221(g) and the opportunity to find a joint sponsor and submit that person’s I-864 and supporting documents.

Which embassy is this? Are there any other red flags in your case? How big is the age difference? How much time have you spent together? Has he attempted to come to the USA before either with a previous spouse or other visa attempts? Have you brought a spouse here before this one? Does he have a criminal record? 

Until you get the letter you won’t know for certain why it was denied. But we can speculate.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

*~*~*moved from “bringing family members of USCs” to “IR/1/CR-1 spouse visa process and procedures”*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

9 minutes ago, JFH said:

Not earning enough would not usually cause a total denial, it would normally cause the applicant to be issued a 221(g) and the opportunity to find a joint sponsor and submit that person’s I-864 and supporting documents.

Which embassy is this? Are there any other red flags in your case? How big is the age difference? How much time have you spent together? Has he attempted to come to the USA before either with a previous spouse or other visa attempts? Have you brought a spouse here before this one? Does he have a criminal record? 

Until you get the letter you won’t know for certain why it was denied. But we can speculate.

The embassy in pakistan and yes its a 20 year age difference and only 5 days spent together. Why would they send the passport back to him tho?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mazlyn said:

The embassy in pakistan and yes its a 20 year age difference and only 5 days spent together. Why would they send the passport back to him tho?

They sent back the Passport because they do not need it and presumably he does.

What is your plan, will you move to him?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mazlyn said:

Because the CO refused to issue the visa . It will possibly be sent back to USCIS, and a NOID issued.  Did he get documentation after the interview?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

10 minutes ago, Mazlyn said:

The passport was returned as the embassy has no need for it as they are not issuing a visa.

In your previous posts you said you would move to him if the visa were to be denied. Time to start researching a visa for Pakistan for you. If you live with him there for a couple of years it will strengthen your case next time around if you apply for a visa for the USA for him. Only spending 5 days together, a 20-year age gap, not making enough money and the joint sponsor being on SSI...I can see why you were denied. One of those is fixable with your move to Pakistan. You then need to return to the US and find a job that makes enough for both of you and re-file. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Mazlyn said:

USCIS will likely send you a letter months from now explaining, in detail, why the visa was refused.  Cases like this usually take years to resolve.  A few members here have overcome refusals like this.  Good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 minutes ago, Mazlyn said:

Yes if they send a denial then the plan is for me to move to him.

They have already denied the visa. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

He has been denied, you will be contacted eventually.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mazlyn said:

Yes if they send a denial then the plan is for me to move to him.

The spouse who was interviewed almost always knows the real reason for denial.  From what you posted, it is very possible they denied the case because the CO didn't think the relationship is genuine.   If so, then the best cure is more time together.  For other issues, more time together does not remedy the situation.   It might take as much as 6 months to receive the official letter from USCIS.   Others have fought these and won....eventually, and some are still fighting.   My personal suggestion is to wait and see the official explanation before making a final decision.  

Edited by Lucky Cat

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mazlyn said:

I know we can jump easily to conclusions and I would assume there are a few more factors but this is probably it.

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I know we can jump easily to conclusions and I would assume there are a few more factors but this is probably it.

Yeah you are probably right because the money thing I’m sure they would have given me time to find a joint sponsor instead and they would have kept his passport until then I think unless he needed it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.