l-h

I-751 December 2020 Filers

528 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RamonGomez said:

Is this really true? I've seen several case where someone sent an application a day before the window, it arrived 2-3 days after the window, and no rejection.

Our window opened Feb 6, but I'm going to send it on Feb 9 and make sure that everything (application signature, check, etc.) is dated Feb 9! 

This is really scary stuff, especially now that every submission takes 4-5 weeks to process!

I would print out the uscis filing calculator, and put that in front of the form. No way they could mess up that way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/6/2021 at 8:05 AM, Ninap0t said:

They also include this and all paper has like a barcode 

DBB4FC39-C027-445F-89C1-FAC21E41BD12.jpeg

Do u know the reason for the rejection and have you already sent a new application without the letter?

17 hours ago, sadpooh123 said:

I got my receipt number over the phone on Feb 3rd, and received receipt number on Feb 4th and check got cashed on Feb 4th, but I still have not got the physical mail. I wonder when I will get it.

because its sent via USPS - it can take up to a week. it will get to you home, especially as the $ got taken and you got the number of the phone as well. you can relax.

Late December filer here. Sent my application on 12/29/20, it was delivered on 1/8/21. Today I received my receipt number (starting with EAC) via text. Case status confirms they received my application on 1/8/21. Check has not been cashed, no NOA1 just yet.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 2/8/2021 at 1:42 PM, SouthAmerican said:

Hey everyone, I have a question for you guys did anyone receive their i751 receipt notice  with their name and address listed as for example:

Sarah Marks

C/O Sarah marks 

1244 address parkway...

because normally all my uscis notice as comes without C/O

Sarah Marks 

124 address parkway.. without the C/O 

so I’m wondering why? 
thank you guys 🤍🤍🤍

Mine always comes like that 

06/18/2017   sent I-129F

06/22/2017   NOA1

01/02/2018   RFE was send

01/08/2018   Hard copy in the mail 

01/13/2018   RFE sent back 

01/18/2018   RFE recieved

01/24/2018  NOA2

XX/XX/2018 NVC recieved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Been checking the spreadsheet, seems hardly anyone has gotten the biometric letter yet.... I was really hoping they are still waiving the  appointments, trying to plan some travel! we got NOA1 on 1/23, dated 1/16. Figure 1-3 weeks later, maybe I just need to be more patient...

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

1 hour ago, Sabi486 said:

Mine always comes like that 

Mine did for ROC, AOS, EAD and AP. Did you enter your name in the care off box on your form? As long as your name and address are correct, having your name listed this way doesn't affect anything.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

53 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

Been checking the spreadsheet, seems hardly anyone has gotten the biometric letter yet.... I was really hoping they are still waiving the  appointments, trying to plan some travel! we got NOA1 on 1/23, dated 1/16. Figure 1-3 weeks later, maybe I just need to be more patient...

Unfortunately, this whole process involves a lot of waiting. If you want to travel super soon, your extension letter works just fine. But if you are trying to plan a trip for months down the road, that may or may not coincide with a potential ROC interview and it's hard to say if your interview would be waived. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
19 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Unfortunately, this whole process involves a lot of waiting. If you want to travel super soon, your extension letter works just fine. But if you are trying to plan a trip for months down the road, that may or may not coincide with a potential ROC interview and it's hard to say if your interview would be waived. 

Oh I understand the process. But I want to ensure the biometrics appointment is waived before the travel. I'd hate for them to start doing biometric appointments again and we already booked the travel. I know the final interview or not is probably a year off.... and that letter about biometrics generally comes pretty quick. I see informed delivery has something today they couldn't image, and they don't always image govt letters, so maybe today? Lol just getting my hopes up.

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

10 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

Oh I understand the process. But I want to ensure the biometrics appointment is waived before the travel. I'd hate for them to start doing biometric appointments again and we already booked the travel. I know the final interview or not is probably a year off.... and that letter about biometrics generally comes pretty quick. I see informed delivery has something today they couldn't image, and they don't always image govt letters, so maybe today? Lol just getting my hopes up.

I got a scan for USCIS letter last week and I thought it was biometrics letter. It turned out to be a copy of my extension letter 🤣🤣🤣 maybe you are getting your biometrics letter!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On 2/8/2021 at 1:23 PM, RamonGomez said:

Is this really true? I've seen several case where someone sent an application a day before the window, it arrived 2-3 days after the window, and no rejection.

Our window opened Feb 6, but I'm going to send it on Feb 9 and make sure that everything (application signature, check, etc.) is dated Feb 9! 

This is really scary stuff, especially now that every submission takes 4-5 weeks to process!

I sent ours December 21, even though the open window is December 26. It was delivered per tracking on December 30, 2020 and I received the 18 month extension letter with a NOA of February 4, 2021.

On 2/8/2021 at 3:18 PM, sadpooh123 said:

I got my receipt number over the phone on Feb 3rd, and received receipt number on Feb 4th and check got cashed on Feb 4th, but I still have not got the physical mail. I wonder when I will get it.

You'll get it soon! Ours were cashed February 4 and we only got the letter around February 9 (I say around because we don't get the mail everyday)..

Edited by Najee & Maan

Want to waste time? Check this out: https://marecaranne.com/

Pictures than read? https://www.instagram.com/marecaranne/?ref=badge

Videos with mostly adrenaline? http://www.youtube.com/c/MarecaranneBlogspot

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Najee & Maan said:

I sent ours December 21, even though the open window is December 26. It was delivered per tracking on December 30, 2020 and I received the 18 month extension letter with a NOA of February 4, 2021.

You'll get it soon! Ours were cashed February 4 and we only got the letter around February 9 (I say around because we don't get the mail everyday)..

Yeah it seems like the person that got their petition returned for filing too early was a legitimate screw up by USCIS. Kind of like the RFEs asking for things already included in the petition. It happens (unfortunately) but thankfully seems somewhat rare. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, x_driven_x said:

They haven't stopped doing biometrics. Those that are getting waivers are typically, like my husband, came on a K1 (there are others) and had a biometrics and interview as part of the Adjustment of Status process. Even then, I am sure plenty of ppl are getting biometrics and interviews....again. There is not real telling, until you get your stuff specifically. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.