l-h

I-751 December 2020 Filers

528 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ninap0t said:

I received the letter today after waiting for 2 months and its rejected with this letter. I sent 1 check for $680 for the filing and biometrics. Do I have to make 2 checks? and also do I need to fill up a new form because the forms has some type of a barcode already or can i just send the old one and just change the check? Thank you

27909396-3BB0-42D3-B23F-D06EE2257D31.jpeg

I received the same letter. When does the greencard expire? I filed mine within 90 days, but someone doesn't know math at USCIS. I have the same barcode on every page. I'm going to print out everything again to be on the safe side. And include some recent bank statements. 

11 hours ago, Shikimiri said:

I received the same letter. When does the greencard expire? I filed mine within 90 days, but someone doesn't know math at USCIS. I have the same barcode on every page. I'm going to print out everything again to be on the safe side. And include some recent bank statements. 

Did you make sure you were inside the window? 90 days is not the same as 3 months, some months have 31 days, others less, you have to make sure is 90 days exactly. Also time starts from the date you signed the form, not when they received it. Good luck!

Edited by Ecaen87

5 minutes ago, Ecaen87 said:

Did you make sure you were inside the window? 90 days is not the same as 3 months, some months have 31 days, others less, you have to make sure is 90 days exactly. Also time starts from the date you signed the form, not when they received it. Good luck!

I used the uscis filing calculator. Greencard expires 2/26, so my window opened 11/28. Check and forms dated 12/1 and they received it 12/3

1 hour ago, Shikimiri said:

I used the uscis filing calculator. Greencard expires 2/26, so my window opened 11/28. Check and forms dated 12/1 and they received it 12/3

Oh that's frustating.

While I know its irritating and scary - just move on - and do everything again with the dates from today, etc. - so that its obvious you are within the time frame.

I also recommend that since your GC expires on 2/26 - send it via overnight FedEx/UPS and do not rely on USPS as there are still delays and that's not good for your case.

Good Luck! - it will work out

13 hours ago, SimpleLife21 said:

Based on the screenshot you posted ... your application was not accepted as it was sent more than 90 days prior to stated expiration on your greencard.

You must send back the application with the dates on your I-751 application and all supporting documents that are within the 90 day period.

You can send on check of $680 and it will be processed. There is no need for 2 checks. 

This can be fixed easily and quickly.

Thank you! I actually used their online calculator and its weird that they rejected it bit its ok will just resend. I am concern with the application form do i need to fill up a new one or just resend the old one with the codes? Thanks

1 minute ago, Ninap0t said:

Thank you! I actually used their online calculator and its weird that they rejected it bit its ok will just resend. I am concern with the application form do i need to fill up a new one or just resend the old one with the codes? Thanks

I would submit a new application entirely.

My logic behind this view is USCIS rejected the initial application - hence, start afresh. 

13 hours ago, Shikimiri said:

My gc expires 3/12 I used their online calculator but got rejected. I think those pages are already verified bec if they see something wrong they probably put it as one of the reason o the rejection? Cos i see some case of rejection for missing signatures etc. So I dont know if I should re do it or just make a new one

7 minutes ago, Ninap0t said:

They also include this and all paper has like a barcode 

It says to file a new application.

I recommend submission of a new application - with all the new dates and triple check to make sure the dates and signatures are complete.

Then - place this letter you posted on top and mail it overnight to them. 

Since they have not accepted the filing - it isn't like you are adding an "addendum".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Waiting for the first “I got my green card in the mail” post now 🤣

06/18/2017   sent I-129F

06/22/2017   NOA1

01/02/2018   RFE was send

01/08/2018   Hard copy in the mail 

01/13/2018   RFE sent back 

01/18/2018   RFE recieved

01/24/2018  NOA2

XX/XX/2018 NVC recieved

Hey everyone, I have a question for you guys did anyone receive their i751 receipt notice  with their name and address listed as for example:

Sarah Marks

C/O Sarah marks 

1244 address parkway...

because normally all my uscis notice as comes without C/O

Sarah Marks 

124 address parkway.. without the C/O 

so I’m wondering why? 
thank you guys 🤍🤍🤍

Timeline
On 2/6/2021 at 7:50 AM, Ecaen87 said:

Is this really true? I've seen several case where someone sent an application a day before the window, it arrived 2-3 days after the window, and no rejection.

Our window opened Feb 6, but I'm going to send it on Feb 9 and make sure that everything (application signature, check, etc.) is dated Feb 9! 

This is really scary stuff, especially now that every submission takes 4-5 weeks to process!

Guys .. so how long before we can expect the biometrics and the 10-year GC in the mail? 

and does the service center matter? I see in the excel sheet that VSC folks are getting their biometrics immediately

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.