Notification in text/email: October 30, 2019
Mail received from USCIS: November 09, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: May 06, 2020

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
42 minutes ago, imsan said:

Would that help to reopen K1s earlier?

Any response is pure speculation. But history has shown that it will likely help the plaintiffs first followed by everyone else.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
43 minutes ago, imsan said:

Would that help to reopen K1s earlier?

it would help the plaintiffs to find “relieve” to the harm caused by the state department for not processing K1 visas. 

I think it will “force an action” = force the state department to give green light to the embassies to schedule the plaintiff’s interviews (maybe not all of them, but most of them).

829314EF-087B-46B5-8A72-510E7265BD02.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
12 hours ago, Dougefresh56 said:

A Temporary Restraining Order is being filed tomorrow 

What would this mean?   You sent in I,-129 2 months before  me.  How timely.  You got your Noa2 3,23, Here I sit  looking 4 months slower waiting for NOA2.  I wonder how much delay is covid and how much stress is on purpose?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, elkski said:

What would this mean?   You sent in I,-129 2 months before  me.  How timely.  You got your Noa2 3,23, Here I sit  looking 4 months slower waiting for NOA2.  I wonder how much delay is covid and how much stress is on purpose?

That is why there is a lawsuit because its obvious The Government (Under the direction of Trump) is doing this intentionally

56 minutes ago, Dougefresh56 said:

That is why there is a lawsuit because its obvious The Government (Under the direction of Trump) is doing this intentionally

I was in a call back in May with a large immigration provider (more focused on expat immigration work around the world) but they mentioned there were confidential instructions in the US govt to create this chaos in the months ahead.  So far, everything they said on that call has played out.  There are some countries who have not had a COVID case in 3 months, alot of others with very few cases, and yet the US Embassy has still not opened.  I had to try and make calls to numerous Embassies around the world and its impossible, no one answers the phone, no replies, nothing.  And again, some of these countries have no cases, plus there are no restrictions on that countries citizens from flying out.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
37 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

I was in a call back in May with a large immigration provider (more focused on expat immigration work around the world) but they mentioned there were confidential instructions in the US govt to create this chaos in the months ahead.  So far, everything they said on that call has played out.  There are some countries who have not had a COVID case in 3 months, alot of others with very few cases, and yet the US Embassy has still not opened.  I had to try and make calls to numerous Embassies around the world and its impossible, no one answers the phone, no replies, nothing.  And again, some of these countries have no cases, plus there are no restrictions on that countries citizens from flying out.  

But to what end? I don't doubt for one minute that these visa suspensions have an ulterior motive. What does denying family based visas accomplish? One would think separating families, in particular U.S. Citizen sponsored family members, would be detrimental to the current administration's reputation.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Ermehgerdd said:

But to what end? I don't doubt for one minute that these visa suspensions have an ulterior motive. What does denying family based visas accomplish? One would think separating families, in particular U.S. Citizen sponsored family members, would be detrimental to the current administration's reputation.  

Political pandering, someone in power has found an opportunity to do something they want to do and have done it. It absolutely does not make sense and seems counter-intuitive but that's never stopped somebody from such behavior

Timeline
Just now, supportdesk said:

Political pandering, someone in power has found an opportunity to do something they want to do and have done it. It absolutely does not make sense and seems counter-intuitive but that's never stopped somebody from such behavior

Sure, absolutely. But I want to know educated theories on what that "something" is.

2 minutes ago, supportdesk said:

I agree, but then what we have been seeing doesnt make much sense either.  If I were to continue, I would get off-topic for what this forum is about. :)  But looking back from end of September until May, everything that these immigration providers have said, has happened.  I actually may have posted about this a few months back.

But lets look at the situation.  In the US, we are told "go back to school, go back to work, open the businesses, bring back the sports.....".  This in a country where we are averaging 40-60K confirmed cases a day (which by the way is severely under-reported).  However, our Embassies are in countries with 0 cases for months, 10 cases a day, 1 case a day, 150 cases a day or whatever.  But yet, oh no, we cannot open the immigration channels.  Keep the visa sections closed down.  Many will argue with me and say "Local travel conditions were still too restricted" despite the low case count, and yes you may find that in a few countries, but there have been many without local travel restrictions.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline
11 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

I agree, but then what we have been seeing doesnt make much sense either.  If I were to continue, I would get off-topic for what this forum is about. :)  But looking back from end of September until May, everything that these immigration providers have said, has happened.  I actually may have posted about this a few months back.

But lets look at the situation.  In the US, we are told "go back to school, go back to work, open the businesses, bring back the sports.....".  This in a country where we are averaging 40-60K confirmed cases a day (which by the way is severely under-reported).  However, our Embassies are in countries with 0 cases for months, 10 cases a day, 1 case a day, 150 cases a day or whatever.  But yet, oh no, we cannot open the immigration channels.  Keep the visa sections closed down.  Many will argue with me and say "Local travel conditions were still too restricted" despite the low case count, and yes you may find that in a few countries, but there have been many without local travel restrictions.  

Hear, hear! It's not about COVID. 

Timeline

I don't want to get political, BUT we are all trying to do things the right way. We are not trying to circumvent the rules. Its not like the  President wasn't married to 2 foreigners. Its not like we are going to flood the workforce.  We have been either forgotten or ignored. I have a lawyer, but she says she doesn't want to make too much noise and anger someone. A wise man once said it takes as long as it takes. Thanks all the comments and support. 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ermehgerdd said:

Cruelty is the purpose.

53 minutes ago, LindaStewart said:

I don't want to get political, BUT we are all trying to do things the right way. We are not trying to circumvent the rules. Its not like the  President wasn't married to 2 foreigners. Its not like we are going to flood the workforce.  We have been either forgotten or ignored. I have a lawyer, but she says she doesn't want to make too much noise and anger someone. A wise man once said it takes as long as it takes. Thanks all the comments and support. 🙂

I agree, but sometimes it just comes down to common decency.  Regular, truthful updates from our Embassies would be appreciated.  If other countries can do this, why cant we.  In the past month I have reached out to the following Embassies and received replies within 24 hours, sometimes within the hour.

Kazakhstan Consulate in NY

Thailand Embassy DC

Philippine Consulate NY

NZ Embassy DC

Ireland Embassy DC

Italian Embassy DC

China Consulate in Rome

Georgia Embassy DC

Vietnam Embassy DC

Qatar Embassy DC

I may have missed a few.  Every one of those locations has provided polite, timely, updated, clear information, even when they may not have been able to assist.  All were for work purposes, except Philippines consulate.

Every US Embassy I have contacted in the last month has never replied (6 of them).  Even when their auto-email doesnt contain the information Im asking about.  Phones do not connect.  Some of these requests involved getting details on emergency surgeries, still no response.  Even a simple "We cannot help you."  Again some of these embassies are in countries with 0 COVID cases for months. 

Every country is effected in some way from COVID, however most governments are at least willing to keep citizens as well as foreigners informed. 

Edited by flicks1998

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

11 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

Every US Embassy I have contacted in the last month has never replied (6 of them)

I have seen multiple members receive responses over the last month or so.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.