supportdesk

K-1 Lawsuit has been filed in federal court today

203 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, sl1pstream said:

Also I just booked my flights. I can't believe it's finally happening.

When are you leaving and what country will you spend the 14 days in? Why did you choose that particular country?

I signed up for the lawsuit last week, but me and another girl that also joined and will travel together have started thinking about this stuff a little bit so any experience other people can share it welcomed for when it's time for us to book flights later on. So if you don't mind I'd love to hear about your upcoming travels. ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
20 hours ago, HRQX said:

Was the NIE approved? Or which country are you going to for the 14 days?

There's no NIE. DOS is making them print "subject to presidential proclamation" on the visa, so getting an NIE isn't a possibility.

Timeline
16 hours ago, stuckonyou said:

When are you leaving and what country will you spend the 14 days in? Why did you choose that particular country?

I signed up for the lawsuit last week, but me and another girl that also joined and will travel together have started thinking about this stuff a little bit so any experience other people can share it welcomed for when it's time for us to book flights later on. So if you don't mind I'd love to hear about your upcoming travels. ❤️

I'm flying to Mexico City, for a few reasons. There are non-stop flights, so I won't have to connect through the US to get there (most of the Caribbean) or back through the Schengen-zone to get to the US (Croatia, Turkey). It's not the most expensive place to go (Dubai, Aruba) and the flight into the US is fairly short compared to some other destinations. I'll also be in a similar timezone, so I won't really have to deal with jetlag and stuff when I get to my final destination because I'll have lived in that timezone for two weeks at that point.
The only downside is that COVID is currently doing its thing there, which I guess is a problem in most places, but I'm literally going to stay in my room unless I need food and I'm not planning on leaving the hotel for that. I'll eat what's available there and I'll Uber Eats stuff I can't get (I assume that I'm going to want a pizza at some point during the time I'm there).
I did book a few extra days, since the day of arrival and departure don't count, so I'm there from the 4th until the 20th. Right now I'm mostly freaking out about getting stuff in order here before I leave (taxes, health insurance, residency, etc).

Edited by sl1pstream

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

As cases from May are starting to get NOA2, I'm considering joining the lawsuit... What's the news on the added plaintiffs a while back? Will they have another trial and how long does that take?

Timeline
On 12/15/2020 at 2:58 PM, sl1pstream said:

I'm flying to Mexico City, for a few reasons. There are non-stop flights, so I won't have to connect through the US to get there (most of the Caribbean) or back through the Schengen-zone to get to the US (Croatia, Turkey). It's not the most expensive place to go (Dubai, Aruba) and the flight into the US is fairly short compared to some other destinations. I'll also be in a similar timezone, so I won't really have to deal with jetlag and stuff when I get to my final destination because I'll have lived in that timezone for two weeks at that point.
The only downside is that COVID is currently doing its thing there, which I guess is a problem in most places, but I'm literally going to stay in my room unless I need food and I'm not planning on leaving the hotel for that. I'll eat what's available there and I'll Uber Eats stuff I can't get (I assume that I'm going to want a pizza at some point during the time I'm there).
I did book a few extra days, since the day of arrival and departure don't count, so I'm there from the 4th until the 20th. Right now I'm mostly freaking out about getting stuff in order here before I leave (taxes, health insurance, residency, etc).

How is everything going for you? ☺️ I'd love to hear about what it was like coming to Mexico, going through immigrations there, what kind of transportation you used to get to the hotel, if you felt safe and so forth...

Me and my fiancé are still waiting on being (officially) added as plaintiffs, but Mexico (Cancún, though, and not Mexico City) is most likely we're I'll be waiting for the two weeks before going to the US. So any tips, things to do or not to do when in Mexico from someone who's going through the same thing might be helpful.

Timeline
12 hours ago, stuckonyou said:

How is everything going for you? ☺️ I'd love to hear about what it was like coming to Mexico, going through immigrations there, what kind of transportation you used to get to the hotel, if you felt safe and so forth...

Me and my fiancé are still waiting on being (officially) added as plaintiffs, but Mexico (Cancún, though, and not Mexico City) is most likely we're I'll be waiting for the two weeks before going to the US. So any tips, things to do or not to do when in Mexico from someone who's going through the same thing might be helpful.

I'm in a hotel room since the 4th and I'll be here until the 20th (I booked an extra day to be absolutely sure they wouldn't have a problem with the amount of days quarantined, but given what's happening in the US, I might rebook to be there a day earlier anyway, idk.

Immigration itself went fine, getting through there was smooth and I didn't have any problems. What I did have problems with, was the absolutely insane amount of people waiting in that room. There was almost zero social distancing and I'm surprised that I didn't catch the virus in there.

I'm just sticking to my room. I'm getting food through Uber eats and I ordered groceries (water, soda, other stuff) through Cornershop, since Walmart didn't deliver here. The COVID numbers here in Mexico City are ridiculously high, so staying in your room is probably the safest way to get through this. I don't speak Spanish, so my days are spent watching stuff on my computer and CNN, since it's the only English-language channel here and after what's happened in the US, it's not really a terrible thing to have.

Quarantining alone sucks. I'm going to be pretty happy to be out of here. Cancun has beaches, so that's a better option than Mexico City. Mexico City is cheaper though, which was my main concern. Just make sure not to drink tapwater, no matter where you end up. Bottled water is cheap and there are grocery delivery services, even to hotels. Also, bring your own entertainment and enough of it. You'll need it.

Edited by sl1pstream

Timeline
On 1/13/2021 at 1:44 AM, sl1pstream said:

I'm in a hotel room since the 4th and I'll be here until the 20th (I booked an extra day to be absolutely sure they wouldn't have a problem with the amount of days quarantined, but given what's happening in the US, I might rebook to be there a day earlier anyway, idk.

Immigration itself went fine, getting through there was smooth and I didn't have any problems. What I did have problems with, was the absolutely insane amount of people waiting in that room. There was almost zero social distancing and I'm surprised that I didn't catch the virus in there.

I'm just sticking to my room. I'm getting food through Uber eats and I ordered groceries (water, soda, other stuff) through Cornershop, since Walmart didn't deliver here. The COVID numbers here in Mexico City are ridiculously high, so staying in your room is probably the safest way to get through this. I don't speak Spanish, so my days are spent watching stuff on my computer and CNN, since it's the only English-language channel here and after what's happened in the US, it's not really a terrible thing to have.

Quarantining alone sucks. I'm going to be pretty happy to be out of here. Cancun has beaches, so that's a better option than Mexico City. Mexico City is cheaper though, which was my main concern. Just make sure not to drink tapwater, no matter where you end up. Bottled water is cheap and there are grocery delivery services, even to hotels. Also, bring your own entertainment and enough of it. You'll need it.

Thank you for for telling us about your experience! ❤️🌎

Did you get to the US okay? What was it like going through immigration when you got there? 😇

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.