supportdesk

K-1 Lawsuit has been filed in federal court today

203 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
11 minutes ago, HRQX said:

2 of the lawyers for the Plaintiffs will have FBLive in a few minutes (1:30 PM EST): https://mobile.twitter.com/ckuck/status/1319317756970414088

Thanks. Can’t open the FB live, hopefully it will be made available on their FB page afterward

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Nice video...  I wish we  could expect jail time  and heads to roll. 

What would be great is some government workers with compassion to come forward with details about conversations regarding orders from above to delay and  or stal or stop K1's.   Good news  is  our K1 was recently approved at the NVC CA.  I wonder if we got lucky and will be near the front of the big quirt that may be coming? But I am sure Bangkok embassy is allowing more times between interviews for social distancing and maybe cleanup of the room? One report that a March canceled interview in BKK was  rescheduled until Dec 23 concerns me because if I add  that sort of  delay time it may be 9 more months or a doubling of our total time compared to the average  of  250 days in February. 

Edited by elkski

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

cant wait to get my K1 visa , everyone here who disagreed with joining or saying it wont do anything. :D cant wait to come back here in a couple weeks and say i got it :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
17 hours ago, fed614 said:

cant wait to get my K1 visa , everyone here who disagreed with joining or saying it wont do anything. :D cant wait to come back here in a couple weeks and say i got it :) 

Do you know by any chance if there were some plaintiffs from the Shengen area?...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Gatekeeper said:

Do you know by any chance if there were some plaintiffs from the Shengen area?...

There are numerous plaintiffs from "travel banned" countries, yes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Gatekeeper said:

Do you know where  I can read abou this?

Timeline
On 10/25/2020 at 3:34 PM, fed614 said:

Wow.. you applied just 2 weeks before us.. you got NOA2 in July 30.. we didn't hear anything or get NOA2 until Oct 16 2.5 months later.   I think it will really depend on how the embassies in respective countries are scheduling interviews. What concerns me is that there is someone who had an interview at the Bangkok embassy in April or March that was canceled and now rescheduled Dec 23.   I suggest you go look at the search tool and look for people with similar timelines and same embassy as you.  I'm hopeful the litigants wont get any special treatment.  They jsut need to get with it and process in the FIFO order. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, elkski said:

Wow.. you applied just 2 weeks before us.. you got NOA2 in July 30.. we didn't hear anything or get NOA2 until Oct 16 2.5 months later.   I think it will really depend on how the embassies in respective countries are scheduling interviews. What concerns me is that there is someone who had an interview at the Bangkok embassy in April or March that was canceled and now rescheduled Dec 23.   I suggest you go look at the search tool and look for people with similar timelines and same embassy as you.  I'm hopeful the litigants wont get any special treatment.  They jsut need to get with it and process in the FIFO order. 

will see ill come back to you once i get it ok :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
11 hours ago, elkski said:

You hope the litigants don’t get any special treatment?  Wow. My case has been at the embassy since February, waiting on an interview. That’s what everybody is wanting. All of the litigants are either at the embassy or stuck at NVC. NOT just getting NOA2.  

Timeline
5 hours ago, Jody and Misho said:

You hope the litigants don’t get any special treatment?  Wow. My case has been at the embassy since February, waiting on an interview. That’s what everybody is wanting. All of the litigants are either at the embassy or stuck at NVC. NOT just getting NOA2.  

I just hope they process as the applications came into the system where ever they are.  I hope the litigants don't hop in front of others in front of them in the que. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I understand what you’re saying, but the litigants ARE the front of the que!  The que just isn’t moving. 

Edited by Jody and Misho

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.