R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,653 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Az21 said:

What did you guys do for a bag/backpack at your interview?

I'm staying the night before in London for an 8am interview, but there's no way I can't take a backpack with me to hold my documents and other items for staying the night.

I read bags aren't permitted inside the building, with no place to store them either.

Leave everything that isn’t needed for the interview with the accommodation desk where you stay the night before. They are usually happy to hold things  a few hours 

5 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Leave everything that isn’t needed for the interview with the accommodation desk where you stay the night before. They are usually happy to hold things  a few hours 

I didn't consider that at all. That's really good to know. Thank you.

On 1/13/2024 at 1:55 PM, Shnngn said:

New poster on here and waiting like everyone else for the next batch of ILs. Hoping next week is our week!

We got DQ on Jan 8 and waiting for IL, really hoping it comes in the next few days. Has anyone else with Jan DQ heard anything? 

On 1/17/2024 at 2:26 PM, Juliette524 said:

Hi everyone! I got DQd on December 16, 2023 (CR1 visa) and am wondering if there's still any chance we'll get a February interview date? Or if it seems at this point that we'll be pushed to March. Thanks for any insight! 

sadly the December ILs haven’t been sent out yet. Hoping they catch up soon 

Edited by Shnngn
Mistake

I was just reading back on this thread from around this time last year and noted quite a few people scheduled their medicals after DQ but before IL received. Is this something that can be done, I was under the impression you had to wait for IL. Does anyone know if there is potential of booking your medical too early? 

7 minutes ago, Jweldon08 said:

I was just reading back on this thread from around this time last year and noted quite a few people scheduled their medicals after DQ but before IL received. Is this something that can be done, I was under the impression you had to wait for IL. Does anyone know if there is potential of booking your medical too early? 

You can do it without IL (I did - only had one possible week I could have the medical done so couldn't risk waiting and not getting a slot then), but just remember that your visa will only be valid for 6 months from the date of medical. So the earlier you have the medical done, the less time you have to enter the US. 

Forgive what might be a silly question.

I got some US style passport photos done at a photo booth. They are printed in a batch of four. The embassy only requires two, but I am cautious about cutting them into individual photos in case I clip a millimetre or two off an edge. How lenient are they with this? The photos are very tight together and I do worry about separating them even with scissors. Do I need to hand them over as two individuals, or can I get away with them being joined together?

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Az21 said:

Forgive what might be a silly question.

I got some US style passport photos done at a photo booth. They are printed in a batch of four. The embassy only requires two, but I am cautious about cutting them into individual photos in case I clip a millimetre or two off an edge. How lenient are they with this? The photos are very tight together and I do worry about separating them even with scissors. Do I need to hand them over as two individuals, or can I get away with them being joined together?

Thank you!

I just gave the whole print out with all 4 copies, they didn't seem to mind :) I also got it from a booth. 

What is best practice when carrying/storing the documents required at interview?

I currently have all required docs, evidence of relationship, photocopies, etc in their own individual plastic wallets, nice and organised. But is it more advised to just carry everything as one big pile, ready to hand over if required? I don't know if I'm just going to be a nuisance getting each thing out of its wallet, or if a stacked pile is preferred.

I know I'm probably overthinking things now, as it approaches my interview date, but this is now what's giving me a headache 😆

4 minutes ago, Az21 said:

What is best practice when carrying/storing the documents required at interview?

I currently have all required docs, evidence of relationship, photocopies, etc in their own individual plastic wallets, nice and organised. But is it more advised to just carry everything as one big pile, ready to hand over if required? I don't know if I'm just going to be a nuisance getting each thing out of its wallet, or if a stacked pile is preferred.

I know I'm probably overthinking things now, as it approaches my interview date, but this is now what's giving me a headache 😆

sounds perfect. They’ll have no issue with you taking things out as requested. 

I took one of those files with plastic sleeves in with each document in a separate one so I could see etc. worked perfectly and I was only asked for maybe 5 of them

dont over think it! If you’ve got the docs, whatever makes it easy for you to find the requested one is perfect. 

Just now, Cw1977 said:

sounds perfect. They’ll have no issue with you taking things out as requested. 

I took one of those files with plastic sleeves in with each document in a separate one so I could see etc. worked perfectly and I was only asked for maybe 5 of them

dont over think it! If you’ve got the docs, whatever makes it easy for you to find the requested one is perfect. 

I should add they’ll refuse it if you try hand things all together anyway plus you can’t know in advance exactly what they’ll ask to see. 

1 hour ago, LParkhill821 said:

Hello all! First time poster here. Has anyone who was DQ'ed in December gotten an interview letter? We were DQ'ed 18 December. TIA! 

nothing yet and was DQ’d on 13th December. They say patience is a virtue but I’m struggling now ha ha 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.