R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,642 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Jweldon08 said:

What letter did you take in place of the IL letter? I need a letter with my case number but cannot find an actual letter with it on 

I took my Welcome Letter I think. 

Congrats to all that received their IL, that was a long wait……

I finish work for good on Friday and we all fly out on the 28th, we have sold or selling all our stuff, it’s quite weird watching your home empty and having to live on takeaways lol…

hope all you interviews go smooth, take all the paperwork, too much is good, not enough is bad lol

We stayed in the Premier inn Clapham, it’s very close and in the same road as the Sainsbury’s Nine Elms, the reason that’s important is that you can park in the Sainsbury’s car park for free for 3 hours, it’s about a 5 min walk to the embassy from Sainsbury’s. 

we got approved on the day and had our passports back by the Thursday, so a 3 day turn around, was all very smooth… 

good luck everyone 

For those who have interviews mid/late March. Have you filed your 2023 taxes?  we hoping to have our interview early mid/April. 

My wife and my father in law are my sponsors and my wife has not yet filed her 2023 taxes. They do need to be filed until April 15th in the USA.  

Have you filed your most recent taxes? NVC DQ us on 2022 taxes not 2023. Not sure whether we should file now and just take the paperwork to the interview, however NVC wouldn’t have seen them. 

Edited by Jweldon08

Happy Friday everyone!

I was DQd on January 10th 2024 and I was wondering if anyone from that date onwards has received any interview letters? I have seen people DQd on January 9th getting their interview in late March so I am afraid I may have missed the cut off by one day and now I need to wait another month 🥲

For those of you who got the IL congratulations and all the best for your interviews and your move to US!

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who's used the courier service to send documentation or passports in, so you have any idea how long it takes to get to the embassy, or for documents to get back to you?

On 2/13/2024 at 11:49 AM, Abena Dee said:

The attached pdf that comes with the email. That’s what I printed out not the email they send itself. 
Thanks 

Any idea when to expect IL and interview as DQ on 11 March?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.