R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,639 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Wasim Gori said:

Is it compulsory to take GP record on visa medical day? N how to get this from GP (any standard process)?

Go to your gp and ask them. They might give you straight away like they did mine. 

7 hours ago, Wasim Gori said:

Is it compulsory to take GP record on visa medical day? N how to get this from GP (any standard process)?

Yes it is compulsory. Depending on your GP, some on NHS app (not medical records) 

others, you need to phone your GP and you can get it within the day or hours. 

On 3/16/2024 at 9:14 PM, Wasim Gori said:

As said above, yes, it's compulsory, and you can get it from your GP or the NHS app. But make sure it's the Summary Care Record, not your full medical records. When you book your medical they'll send you a full list of everything you need to take and give you details of it. 

8 hours ago, appleblossom said:

As said above, yes, it's compulsory, and you can get it from your GP or the NHS app. But make sure it's the Summary Care Record, not your full medical records. When you book your medical they'll send you a full list of everything you need to take and give you details of it. 

Thanks 

On 3/20/2024 at 12:23 AM, Wasim Gori said:

How to get Vaccination records? I only have covid record available.  

They’ll be on your Summary Care Record. 

Hello,

I had my interview today and was approved. Thought I'd share my experience. I will do a full review in the reviews section for the London embassy but, in short, it was a smooth process. Took about an hour in total but most of that was sitting down waiting. I only needed to show my original civil docs and wasn't asked to produce any other documents. I was asked one question - how did we meet - and that was it.

One tip is when you get there you can skip all the queues and go straight to the desk outside and tell them you have a ds-260 for immigrant visa. Turn up there 30 mins before your scheduled appointment. You can also bypass all other queues after security. Queues are for non-immigrant visas.

DQ’d today, 3rd of April. I am trying to guestimate when I can expect my interview. From reading other posts, I am thinking around June. Does that seem sensible? Also, do I need to wait for my interview letter before booking a medical? Or can I book that in now?

Cheers

4 hours ago, Haynes said:

DQ’d today, 3rd of April. I am trying to guestimate when I can expect my interview. From reading other posts, I am thinking around June. Does that seem sensible? Also, do I need to wait for my interview letter before booking a medical? Or can I book that in now?

Cheers

They will want the IL at Visa Medicals. Early June is about right based on our timeline. Had to reschedule interview as the medical would have to have taken place in just a couple of weeks time to have made the interview as originally scheduled.

41 minutes ago, Tesco said:

They will want the IL at Visa Medicals. Early June is about right based on our timeline. Had to reschedule interview as the medical would have to have taken place in just a couple of weeks time to have made the interview as originally scheduled.

No need IL. DS260 confirmation paper will do. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.