R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,642 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2024 at 10:20 PM, Abena Dee said:

I remember you, that was on 14th Jan I guess. I know you’re in EB visa category too. I just asked here to see if anyone in cr1 and IR could see any changes…

Hi Abena and everyone else, we had our visa interview at London embassy this morning at 830am, we were taken to the window within 10 mins, we handed over all the docs requested and were asked to sit back down, 35 mins later we were called back up, finger prints taken again and asked to raise our right hand and swear we were telling the truth. 

a couple of questions later, we were congratulated and told our visa was approved 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

to say I’m over the moon is an understatement, today was the end of a nearly 15 year journey for us. 

Abena I hope you get your IL very soon and when you get to the embassy, it was a ver slick smooth process. 

good luck with your new life’s when it comes, we will be flying over at the end of Feb to start our own American dream 😊

9 hours ago, KevL said:

Any news here? It's been quiet on this forum for a while. I am EB category but just wondering if any of you have received 

no IL letters yet from the December DQs. Taking a long time 

Edited by Shnngn
Incorrect information

2 minutes ago, Shnngn said:

Finally the IL has come through! DQ on 13th Dec, IL on 12th Feb and interview on 13th March!! 

Excitement and trepidation in equal measure. 

Same for me, woke up to the letter this morning!

DQ Jan 8th. Interview March 27.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, Abena Dee said:

Finally! 

13th March for me too. All the best to us all. 

We have also received the IL with interview scheduled for March 18.  However when we tried to register the appointment with the London Embassy it says the "not ready for an appointment" as an error message.  Has anyone experienced this?  Thinking we are too early to register ??

1 hour ago, LondonAustin said:

We have also received the IL with interview scheduled for March 18.  However when we tried to register the appointment with the London Embassy it says the "not ready for an appointment" as an error message.  Has anyone experienced this?  Thinking we are too early to register ??

Yes I had the same message. Have been able to book medical but not been able to register either. 

Just now, Shnngn said:

Yes I had the same message. Have been able to book medical but not been able to register either. 

I would suggest we wait on registration for about 5 working days max. 

I haven’t bothered to even register because I read on here folks were able to register not until 3 working days min. I would suggest we register on Friday. 

11 hours ago, LParkhill821 said:

We got ours today too! 18 March, medical 4 March (DQ 18 Jan). So grateful to have the dates and congrats to everyone who got theirs. To those still waiting - hang in there! 

Were you DQ 18th Jan or December. As previously I think you said Dec? Congrats either way! We were DQ Jan 17th and we haven’t received our letter so guessing we just missed out! 

On 1/24/2024 at 2:47 PM, appleblossom said:

You can do it without IL (I did - only had one possible week I could have the medical done so couldn't risk waiting and not getting a slot then), but just remember that your visa will only be valid for 6 months from the date of medical. So the earlier you have the medical done, the less time you have to enter the US. 

What letter did you take in place of the IL letter? I need a letter with my case number but cannot find an actual letter with it on 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.