R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,642 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2024 at 12:42 PM, snm2212 said:

No need IL. DS260 confirmation paper will do. 

Yup, we didn't have our IL either. @Haynes, just bear in mind the visa will only be valid for 6 months from the medical, so don't have it done too early if you can't move that quickly - we moved straight after we had our passports back with visas in, so it wasn't an issue for us, but if you want longer before you have to move then do factor that in. 

3 hours ago, Guest101 said:

Medicals now cost £385, I thought it was £290 odd, bloody heck! 

We paid that about a year ago, I don't think it's increased recently. 

16 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Yup, we didn't have our IL either. @Haynes, just bear in mind the visa will only be valid for 6 months from the medical, so don't have it done too early if you can't move that quickly - we moved straight after we had our passports back with visas in, so it wasn't an issue for us, but if you want longer before you have to move then do factor that in. 

Did you not need the IL at the medical, or just to make the appointment for the medical?

9 minutes ago, Tesco said:

Did you not need the IL at the medical, or just to make the appointment for the medical?

Neither, although I did have it by the time we did the medicals - but when I booked I was told that they just needed the case number/DS-260.

Just thought I would give a bit of a review as I found this thread so useful. We had our interview yesterday at the London embassy and thankfully approved, no issues. 

When inside the embassy it was very straightforward, I would add though that getting in was a bit hectic. You need to ignore the queues and go to the front and say you are there for a Green card interview. You will then go straight in. 

Take all the documents requested, however we didn’t get asked for any of our financial documents just basic civil ones. 

A question I do have for those who have been approved, how long did it take for you to get some sort of tracking number of your passport being returned? I can log into our courier service but can’t see anything like a tracking service. 

Any questions, please ask! 

5 minutes ago, Jweldon08 said:

Just thought I would give a bit of a review as I found this thread so useful. We had our interview yesterday at the London embassy and thankfully approved, no issues. 

When inside the embassy it was very straightforward, I would add though that getting in was a bit hectic. You need to ignore the queues and go to the front and say you are there for a Green card interview. You will then go straight in. 

Take all the documents requested, however we didn’t get asked for any of our financial documents just basic civil ones. 

A question I do have for those who have been approved, how long did it take for you to get some sort of tracking number of your passport being returned? I can log into our courier service but can’t see anything like a tracking service. 

I had my interview Wednesday March 27 and received tracking details Tuesday April 2. However that was including Easter bank holiday weekend so might have delayed it slightly. Once I received tracking from dx, passport was ready to collect from the depot the day after. 

7 minutes ago, Jweldon08 said:

We had our interview (last year) on a Monday, got the tracking number late on the Wednesday and passports delivered the next morning. Hope that helps. 

41 minutes ago, Matt4632 said:

I had my interview Wednesday March 27 and received tracking details Tuesday April 2. However that was including Easter bank holiday weekend so might have delayed it slightly. Once I received tracking from dx, passport was ready to collect from the depot the day after. 

Thanks. Makes sense, I think I was just surprised to walk out with nothing to say it was approved! 

Hi,

Thanks for all the information, I have my Interview next week so all this is very helpful. 

I was wondering what the process is once you have been through immigration in the US and handed everything you need to over to the immigration officer, is there anything you need to do like biometrics or is it just a case of waiting for your SSN and green card to arrive to the address you wrote on the DS-260? A bit presumptuous of me but I have already got a job offer with a "projected" start date of 13 May (they're flexible on the start date which is nice). I am aware that I cannot work without my SSN so the sooner I can get it the better for me. Roughly how long does it take to get your SSN after arrival?

Edited by Bizzo840

3 hours ago, Bizzo840 said:

Hi,

Thanks for all the information, I have my Interview next week so all this is very helpful. 

I was wondering what the process is once you have been through immigration in the US and handed everything you need to over to the immigration officer, is there anything you need to do like biometrics or is it just a case of waiting for your SSN and green card to arrive to the address you wrote on the DS-260? A bit presumptuous of me but I have already got a job offer with a "projected" start date of 13 May (they're flexible on the start date which is nice). I am aware that I cannot work without my SSN so the sooner I can get it the better for me. Roughly how long does it take to get your SSN after arrival?

Hello! Just a quick question.. How long did it take from nvc welcome letter to the interview? We just had our I-130 approved today and wondering how long it will likely be until the interview in London. Thanks so much! 

So our I-130 was approved 22 Dec and I had my interview letter sent on 5 March for a 17th April interview. Bear in mind that it was also over Christmas so that may have added a small backlog. Ive kept a close eye on the timelines and that seems to be the norm so from I-130 approval to interview you'll be looking at 3-4 months (ish). Naturally that will depend on how quick you get your docs uploaded and everything like that. Its seems like the whole process takes forever but it does come around, just have to be patient and trust the process as much as you can. So far everything has been pretty straight forward for us and we will know next week if it was all worth the effort.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.