Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
8 minutes ago, NB5347 said:

If affidavits are provided by friends or family, do they NEED to be notarized or not necessary if they simply want to add a statement?

We did not get it approved by the notary public, anyway, the notary public does not approve such a statement. Everyone handwritten and signed. If the statement is not in English, you must add the English through the translator firm.

Hi, everybody🙋‍♀️On Monday, my fiancé wrote to ucsis that the deadline had expired. They were told that our Form I-130 was accepted, but we cannot give you an answer. We were very surprised because we have an I-129F. Maybe it's just that the robot did not understand our question. We are checking our case and we know , that our case is I-129F. What do you think about it? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Aziza Tagiyeva said:

Hi, everybody🙋‍♀️On Monday, my fiancé wrote to ucsis that the deadline had expired. They were told that our Form I-130 was accepted, but we cannot give you an answer. We were very surprised because we have an I-129F. Maybe it's just that the robot did not understand our question. We are checking our case and we know , that our case is I-129F. What do you think about it? 

Call USCIS and tell the robot that you are missing your case number or have lost your case number and it should connect you to a human. Might help clear things up to actually speak to someone :) 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
6 hours ago, NB5347 said:

If affidavits are provided by friends or family, do they NEED to be notarized or not necessary if they simply want to add a statement?

We did not notarize ours, we just had them sign and date them. We also used blue ink as apparently it is easier to show it was not a copy, but original. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Current Mood

Another day with decent progress.  I give it Monday evening and the total number of cases accepted should outnumber the RFE and in progress totals; it doesn't mean anything other than we are seeing the cases being worked on.

One thing I noticed is that the ratio of cases being accepted to cases being moved between RFE <---> In process is 2 to 1 and that the RFE's are holding around 20%; like I thought before.  They are probably working through things to keep that number in that space, though I might be reading too much into the entrails of this.
image.png.77257f48de872bcd0d97a33074ef6db9.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
12 hours ago, JobbinsKnobbins said:

Current Mood

Another day with decent progress.  I give it Monday evening and the total number of cases accepted should outnumber the RFE and in progress totals; it doesn't mean anything other than we are seeing the cases being worked on.

One thing I noticed is that the ratio of cases being accepted to cases being moved between RFE <---> In process is 2 to 1 and that the RFE's are holding around 20%; like I thought before.  They are probably working through things to keep that number in that space, though I might be reading too much into the entrails of this.
image.png.77257f48de872bcd0d97a33074ef6db9.png

Rejected means they fill out the form wrong or it’s rejected because different reason (not meeting fiancé etc)? Just wondering that people wait 7 months to 1 year then case gets rejected? Doesn’t has to get rejected at the beginning? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, AD1 said:

Rejected means they fill out the form wrong or it’s rejected because different reason (not meeting fiancé etc)? Just wondering that people wait 7 months to 1 year then case gets rejected? Doesn’t has to get rejected at the beginning? 

Rejection typically happens fairly early on, an incorrect filing fee; or lack of signatures is a typical culprit.  A few more ways that I notice it happens is using an old version of the form.  One thing that I personally count in the metric is if a couple sends a notice to withdraw their application. Otherwise the only reasons that a rejection happens so late is due to an invalidity in their application as it’s being processed, such as applying too many times.  If you don’t immediately present proof of meeting your fiancé, you tend to get an RFE to prove such a thing.  In which case, you send what you need and continue along.  I’d imagine that they have the right to reject applications for whatever reason they’d need to but the chances of that are infinitesimally slim. 

As far I can tell, as any kind of forms for a testimony/affidavit from a fiend/family/fiancé you can just use any thing down to a hand written (and signed) note. I’m not a lawyer; but I had some of the items submitted be word templates that were hand signed and notes that were handwritten, and nothing went wrong there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, JobbinsKnobbins said:

Rejection typically happens fairly early on, an incorrect filing fee; or lack of signatures is a typical culprit.  A few more ways that I notice it happens is using an old version of the form.  One thing that I personally count in the metric is if a couple sends a notice to withdraw their application. Otherwise the only reasons that a rejection happens so late is due to an invalidity in their application as it’s being processed, such as applying too many times.  If you don’t immediately present proof of meeting your fiancé, you tend to get an RFE to prove such a thing.  In which case, you send what you need and continue along.  I’d imagine that they have the right to reject applications for whatever reason they’d need to but the chances of that are infinitesimally slim. 

As far I can tell, as any kind of forms for a testimony/affidavit from a fiend/family/fiancé you can just use any thing down to a hand written (and signed) note. I’m not a lawyer; but I had some of the items submitted be word templates that were hand signed and notes that were handwritten, and nothing went wrong there.

Hi! For the affidavit, were we supposed to send that out with the form I-129f or can we just submit one with the ds160? I thought it was definitely need it for the interview 😭

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Lu & Ni said:

Hi! For the affidavit, were we supposed to send that out with the form I-129f or can we just submit one with the ds160? I thought it was definitely need it for the interview 😭

If you meant he affidavit of support, that goes with the DS-160.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.