Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Zap.Mar said:

After exactly 8 months our K1 visa finally got approved!! Hopefully things move quickly at the NVC😃
NO1: September 28th, 2020

NO2: May 28th, 2022 

We also submitted a case inquiry on May 8th.

Congrats!! I know you mean May 28, 2021! 😄

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 hours ago, NB5347 said:

Any idea if the form affidavit of support on USCIS website is still valid? Shows expiration 2/28/2021 (https://www.uscis.gov/i-134)

02/13/19. We will publish a new edition of this form soon. In the meantime, you may continue using the 02/13/19 edition despite the expiration date. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.

Dates are listed in mm/dd/yy format.

This is from the same site under I-134 edition.  I had to search to verify that was the correct area.  The form can continue to be used.

Edited by Keithn85

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malawi
Timeline

Hi everyone. We have an NOA1 from September 8, 2020 and still have not received an NOA2 or an RFE. I called USCIS and put a case inquiry in exactly one month ago and was assured that "it would be processed within 30 days." As expected, it wasn't. Anyway, now that 30 days have passed (and it's 2 months outside of normal processing times), I am able to call them again. Does anyone have any tips of what to say this time around when I call that might force them to actually process the case? I've also reached out to my representative and senator who should contact them as well. Thanks.

Edited by q203

14 hours ago, q203 said:

Hi everyone. We have an NOA1 from September 8, 2020 and still have not received an NOA2 or an RFE. I called USCIS and put a case inquiry in exactly one month ago and was assured that "it would be processed within 30 days." As expected, it wasn't. Anyway, now that 30 days have passed (and it's 2 months outside of normal processing times), I am able to call them again. Does anyone have any tips of what to say this time around when I call that might force them to actually process the case? I've also reached out to my representative and senator who should contact them as well. Thanks.

Hi. I asked my fiance,  you have done everything you can. You just have to wait. We are also waiting. We hope everything will be fine. Noa1 9/21/2020

Edited by Aziza Tagiyeva

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Another slow day,  still holding two digits of cases being completed.  Today was the weakest day for the September 2020 followers since the month started getting worked on.  Anomalous activity in the Sept 29th row, where one case was moved from approval back to in progress, unsure how that happened.  Might be able to get under 1k remaining cases by the end of the week still (would need to average 16 cases accepted per day for the next two days).
image.png.7d1553f38b51821a6d83d71aba72c985.png

Timeline
16 hours ago, Aziza Tagiyeva said:

Hi. Why do you think so? I’m in the 1500, too.

Not sure about it either; its not a withdrawal since that would move it to the rejected field.  

This looks like the new normal as far as case processing goes. Close to the milestone that doesn't matter of 1k remaining cases.
image.png.668547565e30c9319f52e9e5ec0ecf70.png

Timeline

Much better result today, less than 35% remaining and just broke through to less than 1k cases remaining.
Probably going to scratch 70% in the next two weeks.  I don't know what the ceiling is for month, I estimate that its closer to an 80% completion rate; though that really comes down to how many RFE's get turned around.

I expect that the case-rate is going to go even lower by the end of the month; we will see. 
image.thumb.png.6d805696b9ee97b5f7bd2932e88668e0.pngimage.thumb.png.1d488788e3375c99e4aea2071f28d325.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, JobbinsKnobbins said:

Much better result today, less than 35% remaining and just broke through to less than 1k cases remaining.
Probably going to scratch 70% in the next two weeks.  I don't know what the ceiling is for month, I estimate that its closer to an 80% completion rate; though that really comes down to how many RFE's get turned around.

I expect that the case-rate is going to go even lower by the end of the month; we will see. 

What does the case-rate mean?

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.