Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

583 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, NB5347 said:

I’m sure you’ll get your NOA2 soon! I want to know what my RFE is! I wish they could just electronically tell us to sort it quicker argh!

Hopefully something nice and easy that you can find and return. Definitely go with express/priority mail to cut down the wait by a few days. I wish you luck! You got this💪

Luckily the NVC process is only online on the petitioner’s end right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, JustineC85 said:

I was RFE was well, we sent it in and they received it. Just waiting on their decision. GOOD LUCK! 

2 hours ago, Andrew L said:

I just sent in my RFE for overnight delivery yesterday. Hoping to hear that they received it soon. 

Our RFE was for further evidence my fiance met me within the last two years specifically, so we included pics of paper boarding passes, inflight wifi receipt, and a receipt for a water tubing trip + pics of us afterwards. All timestamped with at least one of our names. Think this will go through??

That sounds pretty comprehensive, good luck!

For you two, how long did it take from "seeing you were RFE-ed" to "getting the RFE paper in the mail so you could see what it was"?

1 hour ago, NB5347 said:

I’m sure you’ll get your NOA2 soon! I want to know what my RFE is! I wish they could just electronically tell us to sort it quicker argh!

RIGHT? I would love to know why I was RFEd so I could start prepping the evidence now. For me I worry it's either gonna be further evidence of in-person meeting like Andrew reported, or it's gonna be something involving my legal namechange making it harder to have proven my identity trail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

May the 4th be with all of you! Lot of RFEs moving around today with 84 cases being processed.  I know that its probably not the case with how averages have been in the past, but today was a record high as far as cases being taken care of.  We will se how the rest of the day plays out.

image.png.b9993810ad74fbb4b53ceb303eb66565.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
12 hours ago, quinnscribe said:

For you two, how long did it take from "seeing you were RFE-ed" to "getting the RFE paper in the mail so you could see what it was"?

RIGHT? I would love to know why I was RFEd so I could start prepping the evidence now. For me I worry it's either gonna be further evidence of in-person meeting like Andrew reported, or it's gonna be something involving my legal namechange making it harder to have proven my identity trail.

I have a feeling mine is going to be lack of two letters of intent to marry... We wrote one since we live together and signed it both.. didn't realize it needed to be two separate ones... I also didn't include passport entries on my passport (since I sent them a copy of my residency card here)... Who knows! Hoping it arrives this week so I can take care of this asap!!!

19 hours ago, quinnscribe said:

Hey there, we received our RFE electronic notice on Tuesday the 27th of April and our paper RFE arrived on Saturday May 1st. Seems to be within a week or so depending on the day it gets mailed.

Good luck to you too!

Timeline

It took about a week for us to get out paper copy RFE as well. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Timeline
On 5/4/2021 at 9:23 AM, Andrew L said:

Hopefully something nice and easy that you can find and return. Definitely go with express/priority mail to cut down the wait by a few days. I wish you luck! You got this💪

Luckily the NVC process is only online on the petitioner’s end right?

Hi! NVC recieves an approved case and creates a file, performs background check on foregin fiance, does review and sends to embassy. Called today to confirm my case number and there is no action for me as a Petitioner at this time but to wait for letter when the case is sent to foreign fiances embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
3 hours ago, JobbinsKnobbins said:

Happy May 5th,  Today is another really strong day of case processing
image.png.c9cb8882bc713c691125099e36936509.png

Thanks Jobbins! Question, i noticed the total processed today was 83 but for September it was 81. Does that mean there were 2 cases processed outside of September? 

Timeline

Does anyone else have any irrational thought process on when they will get NOA 2? I got my RFE notice the night before my first vaccine appointment, my next one is coming up next week. So I am like, "maybe I will get my decision to my RFE right before again!". My fiance pokes fun of me because of it, but hey little kernels of hope lol 

Our Timeline:

11 hours ago, yvonme said:

Hi! NVC recieves an approved case and creates a file, performs background check on foregin fiance, does review and sends to embassy. Called today to confirm my case number and there is no action for me as a Petitioner at this time but to wait for letter when the case is sent to foreign fiances embassy.

Thank you for the info!! My fiance and I are almost scared to get approved now. UK is requiring her to travel 4hrs into London and she doesn’t have any family that can accompany her. The new stress after approval is her getting to and from medical and the interview safely… Any advice or news from other countries regarding private medical exams or remote interviews during covid?

16 minutes ago, JustineC85 said:

Does anyone else have any irrational thought process on when they will get NOA 2? I got my RFE notice the night before my first vaccine appointment, my next one is coming up next week. So I am like, "maybe I will get my decision to my RFE right before again!". My fiance pokes fun of me because of it, but hey little kernels of hope lol 

My fiance and I have found that checking at midnight Eastern seems to be a good bet. We’re not very superstitious but anything that could possibly shift a fly in a different direction is on our mind haha. I have a gut feeling I’ll hear something by next Thursday…. My goal is by next Tuesday though.

On a separate note, how do we reach a human on uscis contact center?? I battled with the robot for hours on different occasions but only made progress on checking case status and the robot saying “I’m sorry, I cannot help you” and hanging up 😂

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

My fiance and I have found that checking at midnight Eastern seems to be a good bet. We’re not very superstitious but anything that could possibly shift a fly in a different direction is on our mind haha. I have a gut feeling I’ll hear something by next Thursday…. My goal is by next Tuesday though.

On a separate note, how do we reach a human on uscis contact center?? I battled with the robot for hours on different occasions but only made progress on checking case status and the robot saying “I’m sorry, I cannot help you” and hanging up 😂

I have not even attempted to contact them yet. I know there are a lot of suggestions on here. 

Our Timeline:

Timeline
25 minutes ago, IvoryandRebecca said:

I got an alert through the case checker app and it said my I-129F was approved this morning.  225 days it took ours to go through. 

Congrats! 

Our Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.