Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, xxlian said:

I'm in a same-sex relationship with very conservative Senators and Representatives, and they helped our case (NOA1 in June 2020 and NOA2 in April 2021). It may be worth giving it a try, honestly. Their offices were very kind throughout the process.

I asked this in one of my posts Congressman and it was such a mixed bag of "yes they can help" and "don't waste your time". 

Good to know your local Representatives were able to help you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
6 hours ago, JobbinsKnobbins said:

Overall this week has been consistent with the daily case acceptance rate.  September should be crossing 50% approval by tomorrow, And in early next week there will be less than 40% of cases being actively worked on.  I'll post the updated area graph tomorrow to illustrate the progress over the past ~6 weeks or so.  A lot has happened over this time period and things are still moving forward.

image.png.f3dc323493b85ae35c3d0e8a41e523ff.png

So thankful not only for the graphs and tables (and time taken to do them I'm sure!) but also for your explanation - I have never been good at reading graphs and tables but your explanations are so reassuring. Thank you :) 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

1 hour ago, AishaniA93 said:

So thankful not only for the graphs and tables (and time taken to do them I'm sure!) but also for your explanation - I have never been good at reading graphs and tables but your explanations are so reassuring. Thank you :) 

Yes, I completely agree with you. It takes a lot of patience and work. I look at the schedule every day and it gives me hope. When there is no schedule, I start to worry)))

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Today was a surprise, almost half a percentage point on acceptance more than previous days.  The total processed was comparable but today blew my expectations.  I think one more day and 60% of the cases will be cleared. There is some continual momentum, the average for the week was lower than peak weeks but the daily rate wasn't as bad as the worst days in April.  At this rate, the month could clear in about 8 weeks.  I don't like how scattershot the processing is; but things are going.

image.png.ff4fcac5ec3df8284bbfd0003945ce01.png
image.thumb.png.722bb3318b5bab91888c369474a9f475.png

Timeline

This month was very crazy with work for me, so I haven't been posting in this thread. I was able to mail in my RFE evidence packet on the 17th, it arrived at the CSC on the 19th. I'll report back when they reply to my RFE (hopefully with the NOA2). I hope it won't take too long.

Timeline
On 5/21/2021 at 11:18 PM, quinnscribe said:

This month was very crazy with work for me, so I haven't been posting in this thread. I was able to mail in my RFE evidence packet on the 17th, it arrived at the CSC on the 19th. I'll report back when they reply to my RFE (hopefully with the NOA2). I hope it won't take too long.

Good luck! 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dima Gordeyev said:

Those of you who have gotten an RFE in the last 1-2 months, how long was the wait until your NOA2?

Mine was for missing the answers to 3 questions. So I just sent them back the paper and it was approved in about 12 days. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

On 5/21/2021 at 9:25 PM, JobbinsKnobbins said:

Today was a surprise, almost half a percentage point on acceptance more than previous days.  The total processed was comparable but today blew my expectations.  I think one more day and 60% of the cases will be cleared. There is some continual momentum, the average for the week was lower than peak weeks but the daily rate wasn't as bad as the worst days in April.  At this rate, the month could clear in about 8 weeks.  I don't like how scattershot the processing is; but things are going.

image.png.ff4fcac5ec3df8284bbfd0003945ce01.png
image.thumb.png.722bb3318b5bab91888c369474a9f475.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebe

out of curiosity is it normal for one single month to take 8+ weeks to process or is that insanely slow?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, TheJs said:

out of curiosity is it normal for one single month to take 8+ weeks to process or is that insanely slow?

I feel like its extremely slow. I think that's the reason they pushed the processing time back to 6 to 8 months. They are still processing untouched August cases, which is ridiculous. I even think someone just commented that there June case hasn't been touched yet. I think one good thing is the NVC is processing much faster than before, 2 - 3 weeks in and out. Of course that depends on the backlog of your consulate too. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, J&D1008 said:

I feel like its extremely slow. I think that's the reason they pushed the processing time back to 6 to 8 months. They are still processing untouched August cases, which is ridiculous. I even think someone just commented that there June case hasn't been touched yet. I think one good thing is the NVC is processing much faster than before, 2 - 3 weeks in and out. Of course that depends on the backlog of your consulate too. 

And it looks like more cases are being processed in October right now than in September. so hard to understand what the process is over there at USCIS

Edit to say: more cases per day at the moment, not more cases in total 

Edited by KSVJ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
43 minutes ago, KSVJ said:

And it looks like more cases are being processed in October right now than in September. so hard to understand what the process is over there at USCIS

Edit to say: more cases per day at the moment, not more cases in total 

True I agree! Also with them processing October and November cases at the same time, the processing time may reduce again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.