Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
43 minutes ago, HAand CJ said:

Congratulations! Could you please share what your RFE was about and how you responded?

My RFE was that I missed three questions:

1.) Have you ever been convicted of a crime

2.) Are you and the petitioner related?

3.) Have you met with the 2 years of this petition filed? 

I answered: No, No and yes. 

All I had to do was just fill it out on the paper they sent me and I mailed it back and that was it.

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 5/7/2021 at 8:03 PM, JobbinsKnobbins said:

20 Cases accepted today, I see around 16 RFEs that were converted back to being in process.  I hope this isn't a sign of things slowing down for September; but we will check back on things on Monday.  Have a good weekend!

image.png.9ffc536ac89d91afb7b8341cd5e9be68.png

5 minutes ago, Aziza Tagiyeva said:

Hey september filers!  NOA1 9/21. Me and my fiance are still waiting our NOA2. 232 days have passed😔 This is normal? We are very worried.

See attached chart above.  There is no particular order that they process the NOA-2.  It all depends on background checks, whose desk your petition ends up on, etc.   I was trying to think of other ridiculous, but funny answers to ease any tension but nothing came to mind.  Basically, do not lose hope, but I would not have any expectations for when your petition is approved/RFE'd.  You could receive an answer tomorrow, or  you could receive one in August.  Just know when your date surpasses the date on the USCIS processing time page (it looks like 02 OCT 2020 is the current date), you can put in an "inquire about a case outside normal processing time" request.  USCIS might not be informative with their reply, but at least you notified them.  

5 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

See attached chart above.  There is no particular order that they process the NOA-2.  It all depends on background checks, whose desk your petition ends up on, etc.   I was trying to think of other ridiculous, but funny answers to ease any tension but nothing came to mind.  Basically, do not lose hope, but I would not have any expectations for when your petition is approved/RFE'd.  You could receive an answer tomorrow, or  you could receive one in August.  Just know when your date surpasses the date on the USCIS processing time page (it looks like 02 OCT 2020 is the current date), you can put in an "inquire about a case outside normal processing time" request.  USCIS might not be informative with their reply, but at least you notified them.  

Thanks for the info. My fiance wrote to them yesterday. Will wait. Good luck to all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
8 hours ago, macorbin said:

i saw your time line your received date is on december like mine why there is no december 2020 fillers ?so we can join

Here's the thread https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/752617-december-2020-i-129f-k-1-filers/page/10/#comments

1 hour ago, Aziza Tagiyeva said:

Thanks for the info. My fiance wrote to them yesterday. Will wait. Good luck to all.

I hope things go well for you, it can happen when you least expect it.  Today was another slow day; but more than Friday.  I hope the wave isn't sailing out of September just yet.  But everyone in september is officially outside of the normal processing time.  I would reach out; even if might not have an immediate yield.  The daily pace is comparable to who it was in the beginning of April.  

I would like to add that I have run a few feelers in previous months and it does tend to settle around 20% cases remaining, whether those are forgotten or are complicated enough to be stuck in processing that seems like the point where things settle.
image.png.511e6075be1c17d56c3adf5679d14d4c.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, JobbinsKnobbins said:

Bonus post.

I decided to take the daily averages, as well as the more recent daily polling and map it out to visualize how many cases were processed daily (excluded weekends).  I don't have much insight other than there's biweekly waves where cases spike upwards and peter out; I presume the inconsistent pattern from the last two weeks was the USCIS starting work in October. I don't have those numbers handy but checking their thread they are starting to have some caseloads being handled right now.  Like I said before, I think they will probably continue to chip away at things until they clear about 70% of the cases and then it will slow down further.
image.thumb.png.383449ce97b0d6f8cc2dbec589785d90.png

Couldn't resist taking the percentages of the statuses and applying them to an area chart, just so we can get a perspective of how much has happened in the past ~45 days.  The one thing I noticed was a rather consistent block of 20% RFEs starting around April 15th.  I wonder if the USCIS maintains a 'quota' of cases that they won't touch until the 'active' RFEs are moved along.  Can't say for sure, just a thought. The current trend is about 40% of the cases are shifting between RFE and actively worked on and the other 60% is resolving the cases.  
image.png.b08cf3c966492c709b9a59838ab67b2f.png

I love your data illustrations!! thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malawi
Timeline
6 hours ago, Aziza Tagiyeva said:

Hey september filers!  NOA1 9/21. Me and my fiance are still waiting our NOA2. 232 days have passed😔 This is normal? We are very worried.

Our NOA1 is from 9/08. 245 days have passed, still haven’t heard anything, not an NOA1 or RFE. I’ve called USCIS once due to the case being ‘outside normal processing times.’ If we don’t get an update by May 27th I’ll be able to call again. Not sure if it’ll do any good (they just put a note on the case), but makes me feel like I’ve done something. It’s incredibly frustrating but know that you’re not alone. 

Edited by q203
Said the wrong month

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 hours ago, macorbin said:

i saw your time line your received date is on december like mine why there is no december 2020 fillers ?so we can join

Hi I’m so sorry I only just saw this post now! Glad someone else posted the December filers group up there for you :) 

we have a very quiet group haha since there is really no activity for us at the moment. Hopefully soon! 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

1 hour ago, q203 said:

Our NOA1 is from 9/08. 245 days have passed, still haven’t heard anything, not an NOA1 or RFE. I’ve called USCIS once due to the case being ‘outside normal processing times.’ If we don’t get an update by May 27th I’ll be able to call again. Not sure if it’ll do any good (they just put a note on the case), but makes me feel like I’ve done something. It’s incredibly frustrating but know that you’re not alone. 

Thanks for the support🙏
let's hope for the best🙏

5 hours ago, JobbinsKnobbins said:

Here's the thread https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/752617-december-2020-i-129f-k-1-filers/page/10/#comments

I hope things go well for you, it can happen when you least expect it.  Today was another slow day; but more than Friday.  I hope the wave isn't sailing out of September just yet.  But everyone in september is officially outside of the normal processing time.  I would reach out; even if might not have an immediate yield.  The daily pace is comparable to who it was in the beginning of April.  

I would like to add that I have run a few feelers in previous months and it does tend to settle around 20% cases remaining, whether those are forgotten or are complicated enough to be stuck in processing that seems like the point where things settle.
image.png.511e6075be1c17d56c3adf5679d14d4c.png

Thanks🤗🙏

My case is in the 68000s September 14th and I honestly think the wait has less to do with the background checks like some people stated. There is a whole sequence of cases sitting there in order, which are assigned as they receive them, can all of them be taking long because of background checks? I don't think it can be that great of a coincidence but either way we have to deal with whatever the process is. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Sorry for the late post, 42 cases processed with 23 cases being accepted. Was hoping to cross 50% tonight but It's bound to happen soon; very good distribution across the month as far as cases being handled.  The whole process is arcane, but an average of 40 processed per day with around 20-30 being accepted is the current norm.  At the rate things are going right now, the bulk of the remaining cases will be processed Should be done in about 6-9 weeks at this rate.  We are nearing the point where RFEs are going to outnumber the in progress cases; which is not perfect, but at least means that most people are being serviced.

image.png.edf1111c47afaf43cb20789daa09883d.png

29 minutes ago, JobbinsKnobbins said:

Sorry for the late post, 42 cases processed with 23 cases being accepted. Was hoping to cross 50% tonight but It's bound to happen soon; very good distribution across the month as far as cases being handled.  The whole process is arcane, but an average of 40 processed per day with around 20-30 being accepted is the current norm.  At the rate things are going right now, the bulk of the remaining cases will be processed Should be done in about 6-9 weeks at this rate.  We are nearing the point where RFEs are going to outnumber the in progress cases; which is not perfect, but at least means that most people are being serviced.

image.png.edf1111c47afaf43cb20789daa09883d.png

Thank you very much for posting. You give us hope. Let's hope for the best. Good luck everyone😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.