Greenbaum

SEPTEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Aziza Tagiyeva said:

?

Actually you would want to look at the 71500 line (your number is between 71500 and 72000 so your case is in the 71500 spot.)  I saw this yesterday but I did not get a chance to reply for you.

And looking at both posts, it looks like they processed almost 10 cases (i did not check to see what was rejected/accepted/rfe but yeah) so you are part of the 39 cases as of the most recent spreadsheet.

Edited by Keithn85

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Aziza Tagiyeva said:

Thank you so much. I am very grateful for the information😊

You are most welcome.  Helping you all is like a hobby for me that helps me get through this time also.  So i am definitely happy to help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Quick question for those who got approved. 

Did you guys sent 2 passport style pictures for each one of you (2 for fiance & 2 for petitioner) or just one each? 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Lu & Ni said:

Did you guys sent 2 passport style pictures for each one of you (2 for fiance & 2 for petitioner) or just one each? 

Are you referring to the petition or interview?
I was not approved yet, but I ended up sending 1 of each and that is what i noticed others doing in the past.  And USCIS I-129F says 1 of each. (must have 1 of each)

If they lost one for some reason, they would just RFE for you to send again.

Edited by Keithn85

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

Are you referring to the petition or interview?
I was not approved yet, but I ended up sending 1 of each and that is what i noticed others doing in the past.  And USCIS I-129F says 1 of each. (must have 1 of each)

If they lost one for some reason, they would just RFE for you to send again.

I'm referring to the petition. 

I've seen a couple of RFE where they tell them to send passport pics again so that last sentence makes a lot of sense! Thank you so much

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Lu & Ni said:

For the petition we just sent 1 each. 

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malawi
Timeline

I just got an automated e-mail from USCIS about when I called them on April 29th to tell them our case was outside normal processing times. It starts with the line 'recent inquiry' but this was nearly a month ago. I have no idea why I'm getting it now. (our NOA1 is from September 8th, so we should have gotten the NOA2 at the beginning of April, but up to now, we haven't heard anything).

Timeline
13 minutes ago, q203 said:

I just got an automated e-mail from USCIS about when I called them on April 29th to tell them our case was outside normal processing times. It starts with the line 'recent inquiry' but this was nearly a month ago. I have no idea why I'm getting it now. (our NOA1 is from September 8th, so we should have gotten the NOA2 at the beginning of April, but up to now, we haven't heard anything).

Have you tried talking to an agent about it? I don't know if they'll be able to do anything but at least you can speak with a person and not the machine. 

Also, I've seen people contacting their representatives which seems to have help them a lot. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malawi
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lu & Ni said:

Have you tried talking to an agent about it? I don't know if they'll be able to do anything but at least you can speak with a person and not the machine. 

Also, I've seen people contacting their representatives which seems to have help them a lot. 

I did talk to an agent about it, on the phone, not the machine. That's why I'm confused why I'm getting this automated message, especially so much later.

And yeah, I live in Kentucky and both my representatives are pretty staunchly anti-immigration, so I doubt they would help much. I am currently working for a rep from another state though who is trying to help.

51 minutes ago, q203 said:

My fiance on Monday first wrote (they said that they would answer in writing in a month. I would not be surprised if we received a letter in June) then called, he talked with person. We have Nao1 09/21/2020. We also reported that the deadlines had passed. They said they could not provide information.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
47 minutes ago, q203 said:

I did talk to an agent about it, on the phone, not the machine. That's why I'm confused why I'm getting this automated message, especially so much later.

And yeah, I live in Kentucky and both my representatives are pretty staunchly anti-immigration, so I doubt they would help much. I am currently working for a rep from another state though who is trying to help.

I'm in a same-sex relationship with very conservative Senators and Representatives, and they helped our case (NOA1 in June 2020 and NOA2 in April 2021). It may be worth giving it a try, honestly. Their offices were very kind throughout the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.