90DayFinancier

Too little too late: The story of how Florida shattered the country's single-day COVID record

350 posts in this topic

Florida Nurse Warns ‘Nursing Shortage’ About To Hit State As COVID-19 Puts Strain On Hospital Systems

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/07/14/florida-nurse-warns-nursing-shortage-hit-state-covid-hospital-strain/

Chuck Woolery’s Son Gets “COVID COnnection,” Tests Positive for Virus After Game Show Host Said “Everyone is Lying”

https://www.showbiz411.com/2020/07/14/chuck-woolerys-son-gets-covid-connection-tests-positive-for-virus-after-game-show-host-said-everyone-is-lying

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

It is a sad state of affairs when rational scientific thought is being crowded out by a psuedo culture war.  It is past time to just quit and get with the program. 

Police, Fire, Health Care even grocery workers are out on Frontline keeping us safe and healthy, and all I see in some circles is shoddy  non critical thinking backed by folks who do not understand epidemiology.

This virus is the enemy. Not Dr Fauci, the NYT, WHO, Bill Gates, RINO Republicans, George Soros, BLM, the Governor's or the hospitals.

If you are making this a political or cultural or "my body my choice" you are out of synch with 70% of the nation.  

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Florida Nurse Warns ‘Nursing Shortage’ About To Hit State As COVID-19 Puts Strain On Hospital Systems

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/07/14/florida-nurse-warns-nursing-shortage-hit-state-covid-hospital-strain/

Chuck Woolery’s Son Gets “COVID COnnection,” Tests Positive for Virus After Game Show Host Said “Everyone is Lying”

https://www.showbiz411.com/2020/07/14/chuck-woolerys-son-gets-covid-connection-tests-positive-for-virus-after-game-show-host-said-everyone-is-lying

I am sorry this hits close to home for Mr Woolery.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
55 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

It is a sad state of affairs when rational scientific thought is being crowded out by a psuedo culture war.  It is past time to just quit and get with the program. 

Police, Fire, Health Care even grocery workers are out on Frontline keeping us safe and healthy, and all I see in some circles is shoddy  non critical thinking backed by folks who do not understand epidemiology.

This virus is the enemy. Not Dr Fauci, the NYT, WHO, Bill Gates, RINO Republicans, George Soros, BLM, the Governor's or the hospitals.

If you are making this a political or cultural or "my body my choice" you are out of synch with 70% of the nation.  

Show me where all the epidemiologists around the world agree on everything related to the Vid?  The only one’s making a political narrative out of this is the mainstream media.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Show me where all the epidemiologists around the world agree on everything related to the Vid?  The only one’s making a political narrative out of this is the mainstream media.

Every time you're told its not about politics, it's about politics. It's why the way they make and enforce rules are politically targeted, conveniently set up to exclude themselves when they feel like it. Even the people who know not to listen to them (Texas' governor) still wind up caving to pressure, they only listen to power, and clearly the silent, polite people are finding themselves left out, so it might be time for them to stop being so polite and silent. 

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

The bottom line is you have a group of people who in the beginning  said, it's just the FLU, more people will die from the flu, its a scam etc. Its not that they cant see the facts, they just keep grasping for some kind of straw cause they dont want to be proven wrong

In the beginning, it WASN'T as bad as the flu.  Now it is worse.  That was then, this is now.

33 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

In the beginning, it WASN'T as bad as the flu.  Now it is worse.  That was then, this is now.

Sort of. It's definitely changed since April. Now we see it being less dangerous for children, but more dangerous for the immunocompromised and elderly. Since I suspect a lot more testing of the elderly and at-risk people has been more prevalent than those who would otherwise be in a better position to deal with the virus, the logical conclusion is, the four-point something percent stated death rate would become a lot lower if more testing is done. Of course, in doing so, you're going to meet a lot more hysteria, which is incumbent upon clowns like the Texas governor to ignore. 

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

well this is a start.

2 hours ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Every time you're told its not about politics, it's about politics. It's why the way they make and enforce rules are politically targeted, conveniently set up to exclude themselves when they feel like it. Even the people who know not to listen to them (Texas' governor) still wind up caving to pressure, they only listen to power, and clearly the silent, polite people are finding themselves left out, so it might be time for them to stop being so polite and silent. 

That Texas Gov. What is he thinking?

Coronavirus is rapidly spreading in Texas nursing homes, state figures show

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coronavirus-rapidly-spreading-texas-nursing-homes-state-figures-show-n1233909

Texas ER doctor warns 'things are definitely getting dire' in state's fight against coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-coronavirus-hospital-er-dr-natasha-kathuria

C

Timeline

Dispelling another myth

At least 31 percent of children tested in Florida are positive for COVID-19: report

The positivity rate for Florida stands at roughly 11 percent

https://www.foxnews.com/health/over-31-percent-florida-children-tested-florida-positive-covid-19-report

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

That Texas Gov. What is he thinking?

Coronavirus is rapidly spreading in Texas nursing homes, state figures show

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coronavirus-rapidly-spreading-texas-nursing-homes-state-figures-show-n1233909

Texas ER doctor warns 'things are definitely getting dire' in state's fight against coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-coronavirus-hospital-er-dr-natasha-kathuria

C

That's a policy issue for nursing homes then, not for everything else. Policy for nursing homes should be elementary when they represent almost none of the workforce, and include the elderly which are the vast majority of kung flu deaths (~ 80%). Perfect opportunity to be useful and segment.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

8 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

That's a policy issue for nursing homes then, not for everything else. Policy for nursing homes should be elementary when they represent almost none of the workforce, and include the elderly which are the vast majority of kung flu deaths (~ 80%). Perfect opportunity to be useful and segment.

Nursing home personnel do have to do errands and live with trying rest of society. Things do get interesting when only a few nurses and CNAs are able to get to work. But hey, it's only what happened in other affected areas.

Timeline

When covid-19 deaths are analysed by age, America is an outlier

American casualties tend to be younger than European ones, which has grim implications

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/06/24/when-covid-19-deaths-are-analysed-by-age-america-is-an-outlier

22 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Nursing home personnel do have to do errands and live with trying rest of society. Things do get interesting when only a few nurses and CNAs are able to get to work. But hey, it's only what happened in other affected areas.

That's where policy choices clearly can be improved. 

And to the above statistic, duh, the few people who are dying of the kung flu at younger ages almost always have underlying conditions, it's not merely the virus:

06f3a6a482d941d6a8fbc3ed1f529a04.jpeg

And conveniently, a list of comorbidities, it's almost like you can be safer if you isolated those people rather than shut things down for everyone else. 

This is where a competent form of cost-benefit analysis comes in handy along with segmented policy implements. But this would be people in charge acting rationally (competence) and in good faith, which clearly isn't going around.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds