90DayFinancier

Too little too late: The story of how Florida shattered the country's single-day COVID record

350 posts in this topic

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

What numbers are you conflating here, pray tell?

4.4 % of the us population. Give ir take million or so. Not sure conflating is family friendly 

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

4.4 % of the us population. Give ir take million or so. Not sure conflating is family friendly 

I think it's more like 4% of the positive cases not everyone. Somewhere between 1to 10% of the cases are fatal depends on the circumstances.  At this rate we are all going to get it, so maybe you are right.

Don't forget if you survive, you might be facing long term impacts.

Show some of these freewheeling types what a thrombosis does to your leg and they will sober up and leave the beach. You might not die, but you might not have a life.

The school age children with Reynauds syndrome is heartbreaking.

Good news though, but it's on CNN so it's fake I am told.

Moderna coronavirus vaccine shows 'promising' safety and immune response results in published Phase 1 study, but more research is needed

Edited by 90DayFinancier

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Ahhh, now I see what you are trying to do.  That would be 0.0074 X 331,002,xxx, or 24,400 ish.  Which we are already well past, thanks to Trump.

BIDEN 2020!!!

Edited by Voice of Reason

13 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Ahhh, now I see what you are trying to do.  That would be 0.0074 X 331,002,xxx, or 24,400 ish.  Which we are already well past, thanks to Trump.

BIDEN 2020!!!

You missed the whole if we all get it part which if we dont get a vacine is more than likely going to happen. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Interesting tidbit.

FOX 35 INVESTIGATES: Hospitals confirm mistakes in Florida’s COVID-19 report

ORLANDO, Fla. - The Florida Department of Health released its daily coronavirus testing report showing a statewide positivity rate of 11 percent, but FOX 35 News investigated and quickly noticed some shocking positivity rates.

Countless labs have reported a 100 percent positivity rate, which means every single person tested was positive. Other labs had very high positivity rates. FOX 35 found that testing sites like Centra Care reported that 83 people were tested and all tested positive. Then, NCF Diagnostics in Alachua reported 88 percent of tests were positive.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35-investigates-hospitals-confirm-mistakes-in-floridas-covid-19-report

I think the error has been corrected.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

I think the error has been corrected.

Depends on what you think as corrected.  If labs are reporting erroneous data, who knows.  Neither you nor I am there on the ground, so in effect, all the numbers coming out of the Florida department of public health are suspect.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Depends on what you think as corrected.  If labs are reporting erroneous data, who knows.  Neither you nor I am there on the ground, so in effect, all the numbers coming out of the Florida department of public health are suspect.

The ICUs are 90%full.

It is past time for these niche media types to quit making this a cultural war about masks and liberty.  People are dying. Kids are dying. 

30 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Some testing centers may have gotten a few reports wrong. Howevee you cant argue sick people in the hospital and dying people are wrong, Proof is in the pudding 

Hospitals overwhelmed as Florida reports record virus deaths

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is bringing 3,000 nurses, many out of state, to deal with the rapid rise of COVID-19 patients. Hospitals in Arizona and Texas are struggling to deal with the surge of patients. Manuel Bojorquez reports.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/hospitals-overwhelmed-as-florida-reports-record-virus-deaths/

3 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

The ICUs are 90%full.

It is past time for these niche media types to quit making this a cultural war about masks and liberty.  People are dying. Kids are dying. 

The bottom line is you have a group of people who in the beginning  said, it's just the FLU, more people will die from the flu, its a scam etc. Its not that they cant see the facts, they just keep grasping for some kind of straw cause they dont want to be proven wrong

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

The bottom line is you have a group of people who in the beginning  said, it's just the FLU, more people will die from the flu, its a scam etc. Its not that they cant see the facts, they just keep grasping for some kind of straw cause they dont want to be proven wrong

One positive outcome: it's easier to dress

The Slob-Chic Style of the Coronavirus Pandemic

What to wear when there’s nobody to dress up for except your cat—and Zoom

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/07/20/the-slob-chic-style-of-the-coronavirus-pandemic

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

You are right, it is not the flu since the flu tends to kill the young and old alike.  The simple fact is that no one knows much about this thing, the medical community including the public health organizations were caught with their pants down.  The mixed messages we get from the various governors as well as the President and the federal experts is amazing, and on top of that, the media is running a political narrative play in their unending Trump attack strategy.  We are being governed by fear of risk, and with the mentality that only the “leaders” can make decisions for us.  Schools most likely will not reopen this Fall for political reasons (reference the teacher’s union demands in LA).  We often talk about the Left wanting to me more like Europe, well, schools are opening there and in other parts of the world, so hey, why not stop educating our children, that is smart.

As to Florida, here is what director Redfield had to say about the rise in cases in the South.

“If you look at the South, everything happened around June 12 to June 16. It all simultaneously kind of popped,” he said in an interview Tuesday with Dr. Howard Bauchner of The Journal of the American Medical Association. Independent of state reopening plans, “we’re of the view that there was something else that was the driver. Maybe the Memorial Day, not weekend, but the Memorial Day week, where a lot of Northerners decided to go South for vacations.”

Because the South hadn’t yet experienced large outbreaks like the Northeast, many Southern states and cities reopened bars and gyms early and didn’t require people to wear masks or to practice social distancing “that seriously,” Redfield said. Once the virus was introduced in those areas, that could have allowed it to spread quickly.

Redfield did not provide any data to back up his theory that Northerners travelling South are to blame for the surge in cases. And as states prepared to reopen gradually, some officials previously warned that regional coordination was necessary so that some states reopening would not attract travelers from areas where the virus is more prevalent.

“Something happened in mid-June that we’re now confronting right now,” Redfield added. “And it’s not as simple as just saying it was related to timing of reopening or not reopening.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/cdc-chief-says-northerners-heading-south-for-vacation-may-be-to-blame-for-surge-in-coronavirus-cases-not-state-reopenings.html

Edited by Dashinka

Timeline
2 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

The ICUs are 90%full.

Isn’t the normal occupancy of ICUs 70-80%?  In Texas, they are saying 27% of those I the ICU are Covid19 patients.  We rarely hear this in the media,  it hospitals don’t not make money be they profit or nonprofit with empty ICUs.

The other thing we are not hearing is what these hospitals and local government leaders are doing to expand the space.  Of course most of these states are not governed by cry babies like Cuomo and Whitmer crying for unreasonable amounts of ventilators.  Manufacturing of vents has been ramped up significantly Where there should be plenty of available for these second waves that should have been expected considering there is no vaccine.  Conference centers and hospital ships are also available if necessary.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/texas-hospital-icus-crowded-with-covid-19-patients-as-coronavirus-continues-to-spread/285-aad0788d-256e-4454-8e3f-87f9c7956680#:~:text=Twenty-seven percent of those ICU patients have COVID-19.,The hospitals have contingency plans to add

6 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

You are right, it is not the flu since the flu tends to kill the young and old alike.  The simple fact is that no one knows much about this thing, the medical community including the public health organizations were caught with their pants down.  The mixed messages we get from the various governors as well as the President and the federal experts is amazing, and on top of that, the media is running a political narrative play in their unending Trump attack strategy.  We are being governed by fear of risk, and with the mentality that only the “leaders” can make decisions for us.  Schools most likely will not reopen this Fall for political reasons (reference the teacher’s union demands in LA).  We often talk about the Left wanting to me more like Europe, well, schools are opening there and in other parts of the world, so hey, why not stop educating our children, that is smart.

As to Florida, here is what director Redfield had to say about the rise in cases in the South.

“If you look at the South, everything happened around June 12 to June 16. It all simultaneously kind of popped,” he said in an interview Tuesday with Dr. Howard Bauchner of The Journal of the American Medical Association. Independent of state reopening plans, “we’re of the view that there was something else that was the driver. Maybe the Memorial Day, not weekend, but the Memorial Day week, where a lot of Northerners decided to go South for vacations.”

Because the South hadn’t yet experienced large outbreaks like the Northeast, many Southern states and cities reopened bars and gyms early and didn’t require people to wear masks or to practice social distancing “that seriously,” Redfield said. Once the virus was introduced in those areas, that could have allowed it to spread quickly.

Redfield did not provide any data to back up his theory that Northerners travelling South are to blame for the surge in cases. And as states prepared to reopen gradually, some officials previously warned that regional coordination was necessary so that some states reopening would not attract travelers from areas where the virus is more prevalent.

“Something happened in mid-June that we’re now confronting right now,” Redfield added. “And it’s not as simple as just saying it was related to timing of reopening or not reopening.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/cdc-chief-says-northerners-heading-south-for-vacation-may-be-to-blame-for-surge-in-coronavirus-cases-not-state-reopenings.html

Unreal that the teachers would do this to children. They and this political left faculty behaving like this are going to make this mental health crisis in children much worse. Those that said they'd strike and one of their demands being defund police should be presumed to be acting and negotiating in bad faith and terminated, replaced immediately.

11 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Isn’t the normal occupancy of ICUs 70-80%?  In Texas, they are saying 27% of those I the ICU are Covid19 patients.  We rarely hear this in the media,  it hospitals don’t not make money be they profit or nonprofit with empty ICUs.

The other thing we are not hearing is what these hospitals and local government leaders are doing to expand the space.  Of course most of these states are not governed by cry babies like Cuomo and Whitmer crying for unreasonable amounts of ventilators.  Manufacturing of vents has been ramped up significantly Where there should be plenty of available for these second waves that should have been expected considering there is no vaccine.  Conference centers and hospital ships are also available if necessary.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/texas-hospital-icus-crowded-with-covid-19-patients-as-coronavirus-continues-to-spread/285-aad0788d-256e-4454-8e3f-87f9c7956680#:~:text=Twenty-seven percent of those ICU patients have COVID-19.,The hospitals have contingency plans to add

Underrated article. 70-80% normal, the left trying shutdown hysteria at 27%, Texas complies. 

Looks like Mr. Governor folded, when he should've stuck by his choice.