90DayFinancier

Too little too late: The story of how Florida shattered the country's single-day COVID record

350 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, laylalex said:

How many times do we have to say this?

It isn't just the deaths, it's the hospitalizations. It's the long, excruciating recoveries. It's the unknown toll the virus takes on a survivor in years to come, physical and mental. Death isn't the only metric that is meaningful here. Anyone who says "no one is talking about the recoveries" is misleading their audience. There is plenty in the media about recoveries, the good and the bad. 

Wear a mask. Practice social distancing. Wash your hands. Just because you're at low risk doesn't mean you can't catch it or suffer some nasty symptoms that could alter your life. I can't believe I'm writing this 4 months into the pandemic. 

Thank you!

3 hours ago, laylalex said:

How many times do we have to say this?

It isn't just the deaths, it's the hospitalizations. It's the long, excruciating recoveries. It's the unknown toll the virus takes on a survivor in years to come, physical and mental. Death isn't the only metric that is meaningful here. Anyone who says "no one is talking about the recoveries" is misleading their audience. There is plenty in the media about recoveries, the good and the bad. 

Wear a mask. Practice social distancing. Wash your hands. Just because you're at low risk doesn't mean you can't catch it or suffer some nasty symptoms that could alter your life. I can't believe I'm writing this 4 months into the pandemic. 

Now do the serious depression, anxiety, stress, by a swath of population (just from isolation), and social+financial toll taken on the vast majority of society (adding more to the aforementioned) by shutting things down. You're not weighing something against nothing. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

18 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Now do the serious depression, anxiety, stress, by a swath of population (just from isolation), and social+financial toll taken on the vast majority of society (adding more to the aforementioned) by shutting things down. You're not weighing something against nothing. 

All things you can recover from.  Death is death.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We'll all die.

Life = risk.  As adults, we have the ability (and the right) to gauge and balance our own risks.

This is not for government to decree to us.  Government can announce and warn, and we decide.

Do we want to have some quality of life, or huddle in fear in a corner, achieving and enjoying nothing?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Interesting tidbit.

FOX 35 INVESTIGATES: Hospitals confirm mistakes in Florida’s COVID-19 report

ORLANDO, Fla. - The Florida Department of Health released its daily coronavirus testing report showing a statewide positivity rate of 11 percent, but FOX 35 News investigated and quickly noticed some shocking positivity rates.

Countless labs have reported a 100 percent positivity rate, which means every single person tested was positive. Other labs had very high positivity rates. FOX 35 found that testing sites like Centra Care reported that 83 people were tested and all tested positive. Then, NCF Diagnostics in Alachua reported 88 percent of tests were positive.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35-investigates-hospitals-confirm-mistakes-in-floridas-covid-19-report

Oh man, you gonna burn in hell for not posting along establishment guidelines!!  

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Texas hospitals are running out of drugs, beds, ventilators and even staff

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/14/texas-hospitals-coronavirus/

Texas needs to cut back on their testing so fewer people hit the ICU

7 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Interesting tidbit.

FOX 35 INVESTIGATES: Hospitals confirm mistakes in Florida’s COVID-19 report

ORLANDO, Fla. - The Florida Department of Health released its daily coronavirus testing report showing a statewide positivity rate of 11 percent, but FOX 35 News investigated and quickly noticed some shocking positivity rates.

Countless labs have reported a 100 percent positivity rate, which means every single person tested was positive. Other labs had very high positivity rates. FOX 35 found that testing sites like Centra Care reported that 83 people were tested and all tested positive. Then, NCF Diagnostics in Alachua reported 88 percent of tests were positive.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/fox-35-investigates-hospitals-confirm-mistakes-in-floridas-covid-19-report

Mistakes must be a side-effect of 100% positivity rate, shut everything down now until there's a flattened curve, a vaccine, and police are defunded!

8 hours ago, yuna628 said:

Couple points: no not everyone diagnosed with it will die. However there is a good potential that you will die, and rapidly despite all of our best medical efforts. You don't even need to have underlying conditions, though your odds significantly worsen if you do.

I don't argue with very many things you say, but can you define "good potential?

I prefer numbers when it comes to statistics.  With the number of positives vs mortality, the chance of dying is about 4.4%.  When comparing the mortality rate to the living population, it is 0.0074%.  In my opinion, neither of those numbers fall into the category of "good potential".  Quite the opposite, in fact.  

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Covid only affects old people, party on!

Miami Hospital ICU Doctor: New Influx Of Patients Is Younger Than Before

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/07/13/890403682/miami-hospital-icu-doctor-new-influx-of-patients-is-younger-than-before

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I don't argue with very many things you say, but can you define "good potential?

I prefer numbers when it comes to statistics.  With the number of positives vs mortality, the chance of dying is about 4.4%.  When comparing the mortality rate to the living population, it is 0.0074%.  In my opinion, neither of those numbers fall into the category of "good potential".  Quite the opposite, in fact.  

I also prefer numbers when it comes to statistics. 😀

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Well good chance we all gonna get it. 4.4 %  Thats only about 14 million people. Thats about 50% of the black death. Ball park.

Side note. How come BLM has not pushed to rename 

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

5 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Well good chance we all gonna get it. 4.4 %  Thats only about 14 million people. Thats about 50% of the black death. Ball park.

Side note. How come BLM has not pushed to rename 

What numbers are you conflating here, pray tell?

4 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

How good is the potential you prefer it?

I would say best potential,  not good or better.?