Mi_Mo

Embassies Reopening

94 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 hours ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

hope this includes the uk

London updated their website and unfortunately its still a whole bunch of sit around and wait:

"The Department of State suspended routine visa services worldwide in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As global conditions evolve, U.S. Embassies and Consulates are beginning a phased resumption of routine visa services.

The resumption of routine visa services will occur on a post-by-post basis, in coordination with the Department’s Diplomacy Strong framework for safely returning our workforce to Department facilities. U.S. Embassies and Consulates have continued to provide emergency and mission-critical visa services since March and will continue to do so as they are able. As post-specific conditions improve, our missions will begin providing additional services, culminating eventually in a complete resumption of routine visa services.

We are unable to provide a specific date for when the U.S. Embassy in London or the Consulate in Belfast will resume specific visa services, or when they will return to processing at pre-Covid workload levels. The Consulate in Edinburgh does not conduct visa services or visa appointments. Please keep checking this webpage for information regarding operating status and any further updates.

When new appointment dates are available for booking, they will display through your appointment calendar within your Visa Appointment Service account. Please ensure that you monitor the email address that you used to register with the Visa Appointment Service, including the junk or spam folder, as that is how you will be contacted if it is necessary for your future appointment to be postponed."

Link: https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

43 minutes ago, Sarahbmalvin said:

London updated their website and unfortunately its still a whole bunch of sit around and wait:

"The Department of State suspended routine visa services worldwide in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As global conditions evolve, U.S. Embassies and Consulates are beginning a phased resumption of routine visa services.

The resumption of routine visa services will occur on a post-by-post basis, in coordination with the Department’s Diplomacy Strong framework for safely returning our workforce to Department facilities. U.S. Embassies and Consulates have continued to provide emergency and mission-critical visa services since March and will continue to do so as they are able. As post-specific conditions improve, our missions will begin providing additional services, culminating eventually in a complete resumption of routine visa services.

We are unable to provide a specific date for when the U.S. Embassy in London or the Consulate in Belfast will resume specific visa services, or when they will return to processing at pre-Covid workload levels. The Consulate in Edinburgh does not conduct visa services or visa appointments. Please keep checking this webpage for information regarding operating status and any further updates.

When new appointment dates are available for booking, they will display through your appointment calendar within your Visa Appointment Service account. Please ensure that you monitor the email address that you used to register with the Visa Appointment Service, including the junk or spam folder, as that is how you will be contacted if it is necessary for your future appointment to be postponed."

Link: https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

Isn't it great that I'm British and I'm used to sitting around and waiting then? 

As usual, our ####### luck continues. My husband has been waiting in Pakistan for his German visa to go work at the Marriott in Munich as a customer service manager. He has been waiting since last October, then the shutdown. After all that time with no work, he was allowed to fly back to his old job in Dubai 3 weeks ago (on his own dime, of course). After working two weeks with few customers, he found out yesterday, they are closing down UAE. We filed two years ago in August, 2018, and his interview is supposed to be in Abu Dhabi. We were waiting for him to get to Germany and change to their embassy for his interview because we were told that it would not take long for him to get a German visa. After waiting all that time and putting off finishing our paperwork, he went back to Dubai to work (since he hasn't had a paycheck since last Oct.), only to be told he has to go back to Pakistan and wait because they have no business at the Dubai Marriott. Of course, on his own dime again. He said the few employees left were crying and so upset to lose their jobs. Thank God he has a job waiting for him in Munich. In addition, he lost 3 relatives in one month, one to this horrible virus. If you get depressed, just think about our situation and you should feel better. We have been together 10 years. This is our second CR-1 application. I hope all of you have better luck than we have! I keep thinking things will improve, but they just keep getting worse. 

18 hours ago, LegalAlienn said:

And yet I received an email that my interview is cancelled in August 3rd! What the F*** is going on anymore!!!!! 😡 

The backlog when they do finally open is going to be f*cking insane 😞. When did you book your appointment btw? so frustrating ugh 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

This embassy reopening thingy is so frustrating because the embassies themself offer very little explanation for what is going on.... I we give them till the end of August. 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Finally see the good news from Hong Kong consulate’s Facebook post today:

“The U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau is pleased to resume limited immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services, including student visas.  While the Consulate aims to process cases as soon as practicable, there is likely to be increased wait times for completing such services due to substantial backlogs.  Eligible immigrant visa applicants will be contacted to schedule an appointment.  To schedule a nonimmigrant visa appointment, please visit https://www.ustraveldocs.com/hk.  The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment.“ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Did you already realize that they’re reopening just for students? Yes I was happpy and excited too but no anymore. My friend called US embassy in Warsaw, Poland today, woman was extremely grumpy and she said that k1 is under the proclamation from March ( this about travel ban). She even said it might not be processed till end of the year (does she know how long the ban will be on?). The thing I’m trying to say is don’t get too excited. Most of embassies is only reopening for students. Sorry for negativity but after 4 months of being positive I am done

anyways I’m very happy for New Zealand as far as I see they’re reopening for everyone.

but embassies in banned countries can only dream about that 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, PaulinaZ said:

Did you already realize that they’re reopening just for students? Yes I was happpy and excited too but no anymore. My friend called US embassy in Warsaw, Poland today, woman was extremely grumpy and she said that k1 is under the proclamation from March ( this about travel ban). She even said it might not be processed till end of the year (does she know how long the ban will be on?). The thing I’m trying to say is don’t get too excited. Most of embassies is only reopening for students. Sorry for negativity but after 4 months of being positive I am done

anyways I’m very happy for New Zealand as far as I see they’re reopening for everyone.

but embassies in banned countries can only dream about that 

You are absolutely right. Defacto, K1 is not being processed at the embassy level. Sad reality.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.