Mi_Mo

Embassies Reopening

94 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, PaulinaZ said:

Did you already realize that they’re reopening just for students? Yes I was happpy and excited too but no anymore. My friend called US embassy in Warsaw, Poland today, woman was extremely grumpy and she said that k1 is under the proclamation from March ( this about travel ban). She even said it might not be processed till end of the year (does she know how long the ban will be on?). The thing I’m trying to say is don’t get too excited. Most of embassies is only reopening for students. Sorry for negativity but after 4 months of being positive I am done

anyways I’m very happy for New Zealand as far as I see they’re reopening for everyone.

but embassies in banned countries can only dream about that 

Pretty much the same answer in Bosnia! Really sad

6 hours ago, JuGangJung said:

An update from Seoul.

The US embassy in Seoul is now accepting passport renewal appointments, although there is no notice given regarding this on the site. I just got an appointment to renew my little boy's passport in late July.

Someone on the Facebook group got a visa interview (not expedite, and not previously cancelled from early Covid).  This is in Seoul.

On 7/14/2020 at 3:14 AM, jameyj said:

image.jpeg.af3fa05a2303e3ce4a5885b7695711f6.jpegDoes anyone know when the embassy on Mars will reopen? Have they even got the news yet? Trying to get my bride here on the little used ET-1 visa. 

Thanks

I’ve heard! On their website they stated, that will resume their services on August 32nd! 

On 7/14/2020 at 3:08 AM, LibbyG99 said:

But a lot of us are not spouses yet

Well, unfortunately...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 hour ago, Daria Parkinson said:

What about the spousal visas then???

I am really surprised why embassy in Moscow not scheduled any interviews for spouses of US yet. I am from Belarus but have to go to Warsaw for it, because we don’t have ambassador in Minsk. And I know in Poland a lot of spouses got their appointments. And borders still closed between Poland and Belarus and we just stuck here 😭😭😭

19 minutes ago, Kate.Alday said:

I am really surprised why embassy in Moscow not scheduled any interviews for spouses of US yet. I am from Belarus but have to go to Warsaw for it, because we don’t have ambassador in Minsk. And I know in Poland a lot of spouses got their appointments. And borders still closed between Poland and Belarus and we just stuck here 😭😭😭

I’m actually really afraid, that the US Consulate in Moscow will not resume their services even for the “mission critical” visa categories until the end of September... I’m so afraid...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Kate.Alday said:

5 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

I’m actually really afraid, that the US Consulate in Moscow will not resume their services even for the “mission critical” visa categories until the end of September... I’m so afraid...

Stay strong girls ❤️ really understand your feelings.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

Thanks for your kindness, but better to take actions, then just sit and obey to the circumstances....

There is very little we can do in fact. To expedite process, to try to schedule emergency appointment (which is very hard according to many people on this forum). Even apart from COVID it's a very slow mechanism which is hard to be affected. I choose to learn to be patient, stay sane and healthy in these circumstances. I wasted a lot of energy on this useless anger about all this bureaucracy. It's absolutely futile and just made me feel extremely frustrated and anxious. Didn't help at all.

38 minutes ago, zolotinka said:

There is very little we can do in fact. To expedite process, to try to schedule emergency appointment (which is very hard according to many people on this forum). Even apart from COVID it's a very slow mechanism which is hard to be affected. I choose to learn to be patient, stay sane and healthy in these circumstances. I wasted a lot of energy on this useless anger about all this bureaucracy. It's absolutely futile and just made me feel extremely frustrated and anxious. Didn't help at all.

Some people got their expedite requests approved just because they had birthdays/marriage anniversaries coming up...

Timeline
Just now, Daria Parkinson said:

Some people got their expedite requests approved just because they had birthdays/marriage anniversaries coming up...

Right, I heard it about Manilla embassy. But many people from other countries write that even medical conditions and little babies are not the reasons to expedite... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.