Mi_Mo

Embassies Reopening

94 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, JULIA KATHERINE said:

I talked to the consulate in Madrid this morning and they said July 20th they will resume K1 interviews!

They'll resume K1 interviews despite the Schengen travel ban? That's interesting if true.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/13/2020 at 8:20 PM, jademcculloch said:

I know two people from Brazil who have an interview date for early august, they sent an email asking if they were gonna have the interview or if the interview was going to be canceled, the consulate replied saying the interviews stand, so it looks like Brazil might be opening in august.

I just don't think they will say anything before july 15th, they're probably not authorized to do so

Brazil canceled all the interviews for august as of right now, it seems like they don't even know what's going on

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, JULIA KATHERINE said:

I talked to the consulate in Madrid this morning and they said July 20th they will resume K1 interviews!

That's nice... But could you send them a follow up email... So we have it in writing too that they will start K1 20th? 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

That's nice... But could you send them a follow up email... So we have it in writing too that they will start K1 20th? 

Doesn't matter, different embassies will work on different cases. Madrid could, while the rest doesn't.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

Doesn't matter, different embassies will work on different cases. Madrid could, while the rest doesn't.

It matters to me... I asked for personal reasons. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

It matters to me... I asked for personal reasons. 

I almost added this to my post, but decided not to. If you're planning on using evidence that other consulates are processing them to try to force your local one to also process them, that might actually backfire. They've got a lot of backlog and it's pretty easy to accidentally skip a file once or twice when going through said backlog.

Edited by sl1pstream

Timeline
1 hour ago, sl1pstream said:

I almost added this to my post, but decided not to. If you're planning on using evidence that other consulates are processing them to try to force your local one to also process them, that might actually backfire. They've got a lot of backlog and it's pretty easy to accidentally skip a file once or twice when going through said backlog.

Thank you for your advice... But either ways you don't know what I need the information for... Thanks anyways

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
16 hours ago, JULIA KATHERINE said:

Are you serious? Because I am Italian and I know that things here are different - unfortunately as usual - but I started crying....

Timeline
23 minutes ago, MaruMaru said:

Are you serious? Because I am Italian and I know that things here are different - unfortunately as usual - but I started crying....

Am sorry Sir/Madam... I bet they are tears of 😂 

Timeline

For those of us still at the NVC stage maybe we should contact NVC to know when our cases will be shipped since embassies are officially opening? 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

For those of us still at the NVC stage maybe we should contact NVC to know when our cases will be shipped since embassies are officially opening? 

Not the worst idea. That way we'll also know if they're processing them at the embassies or if we have to wait until the travel bans are lifted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

While I'd like to hope we'd get a helpful response, I'm sure it will be "once the embassy resumes routine visa processing"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 7/17/2020 at 1:51 AM, JULIA KATHERINE said:

Update:

I just called and talked to the same woman and she said that there’s no appointments available at the moment. She said it is because of back log and didn’t mention the ban or anything. She also told me that having a wedding planned would be grounds to expedite the interview. She told me to call again tomorrow... I’m crossing my fingers that this means that she is  forseeing things to be lifted soon....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.