dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2020

893 posts in this topic

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

First you’ll need to have the transfer approved, then you’ll put in another request for expedite.

Expedites are reviewed and approved by the embassy, so they’re not really transferable.

Once the embassy approves your case, NVC ships the file there and the embassy will contact you to schedule an appointment when they have your file.

Oh wow so I am not considered an expedite if I transfer to another embassy...that is unfortunate.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Free123 said:

Oh wow so I am not considered an expedite if I transfer to another embassy...that is unfortunate.

Expedited are up to the discretion of the specific embassy. For instance Manila seems to approve all types of expedite request from what I’m seeing here. Probably almost everyone waiting for Manila to reopen has an approved expedite by now, which makes it less impactful.

Just reach out to the embassy once they confirm that they take the case, explain the reasons and that Jerusalem had approved it and ask if they could expedite the case as well.

Fingers crossed for you :)

Edited by Quarknase

Timeline
1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

Expedited are up to the discretion of the specific embassy. For instance Manila seems to approve all types of expedite request from what I’m seeing here. Probably almost everyone waiting for Manila to reopen has an approved expedite by now, which makes it less impactful.

Just reach out to the embassy once they confirm that they take the case, explain the reasons and that Jerusalem had approved it and ask if they could expedite the case as well.

Fingers crossed for you :)

We have a PD of October 2018 - have been delayed at every step and expecting to go to AP after interview...this process is so draining. I wonder how many people end their marriages and give up on visa...

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Free123 said:

We have a PD of October 2018 - have been delayed at every step and expecting to go to AP after interview...this process is so draining. I wonder how many people end their marriages and give up on visa...

I know it’s tough. Especially for us with spouses in MENA region. We lucked out in the beginning - filed in November ‘19 and are DQ since June 22nd. But now our visa category was banned by the president until at least end of the year, so all depends on how fast my local office schedules my citizenship interview.

Stay strong! I spoke to my Manager and received approval to spend lots of time abroad with my hubby (where I am now), maybe you can do something similar? If not - we live in a time where videocalls etc are working great. Let’s be thankful for what we have, and remain positive 💗

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

I know it’s tough. Especially for us with spouses in MENA region. We lucked out in the beginning - filed in November ‘19 and are DQ since June 22nd. But now our visa category was banned by the president until at least end of the year, so all depends on how fast my local office schedules my citizenship interview.

Stay strong! I spoke to my Manager and received approval to spend lots of time abroad with my hubby (where I am now), maybe you can do something similar? If not - we live in a time where videocalls etc are working great. Let’s be thankful for what we have, and remain positive 💗

I need to be here for work and currently no travel into Jordan is allowed without a 14 day quarantine which I do not have time for...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sinka13 said:

Thank you!

Oh it's all not that fast for us :) we both live together in Ukraine so we don't rush going there yet, also I have a work contract here till the end of summer so we can't move earlier anyways. 

We plan to get tickets around mid September, since it's impossible to predict what borders will be open and move early October to US. We just plan to go to JFK and then his family will pick us up :)

As for quarantine as far as I know the only way to go from Ukraine to US is by going to Istanbul and then to NY and entry from Turkey doesn't require you to quarantine at the moment. Flight to EU are restricted to people who are citizens or lawful residents or are in a list of permitted countries so it's not an option for us (there might be a way to have like a transit thought EU but since it means mandatory quarantine for 2 weeks in the US we haven't considered that route as an option)

The 14 day quarantine is not mandatory. It is recommended by the CDC only. It depends on your state whether it is enforced. Transit is allowed in EU airports. People are going to ME from USA everyday now and many transit in EU.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, SETETA said:

The 14 day quarantine is not mandatory. It is recommended by the CDC only. It depends on your state whether it is enforced. Transit is allowed in EU airports. People are going to ME from USA everyday now and many transit in EU.

Transit through EU airports are only allowed for USC, LPR and spouses/children under 21. Won’t be a problem for @Sinka13 but wanted to make the distinction. We have seen parents of USC with valid immigrant visa being denied boarding to the US at European airports just this past week. They then need to spend 14 days in a country that doesn’t have the travel ban (such as their home country) and book another flight without transfer in one of the banned countries :( 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Transit through EU airports are only allowed for USC, LPR and spouses/children under 21. Won’t be a problem for @Sinka13 but wanted to make the distinction. We have seen parents of USC with valid immigrant visa being denied boarding to the US at European airports just this past week. They then need to spend 14 days in a country that doesn’t have the travel ban (such as their home country) and book another flight without transfer in one of the banned countries :( 

This is not about the Schengen Ban but quarantine in the US, where it is recommended but enforced depending only on the state. If you are not exempt from the Presidential Proclamation, you would need to spend 14 days outside Europe before entering US. Times are complicated

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 7/1/2020 at 7:27 AM, JASP said:

Did anyone who received a DQ without submitting the PCC earlier, upload the same at NVC later once you got it? Or will you be taking it to the interview directly?

i uploaded ours at a later date bring to interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 hours ago, SETETA said:

Cool didn't know that details. That good thing about transit that's opens way more ways to get to the US. Thanks :)

I-130
Sent: 12/10/2018 
Delivered: 12/12/2018
NOA1: 12/12/2018 (LIN)

NOA2:  09/25/2019

Sent to NVC: 10/07/2019

Case number assigned and received: 11/05/2019

Fees paid: 11/07/2019

IV changes to paid: 11/12/2019

AOS changed to paid: 11/20/2019 (after calling NVC)

DQ 02/27/2020

Interview: 06/30/2020

Approved: 07/02/2020 (Medical exam delay)

Visa received: 07/10/2020

I-129f

Sent: 08/30/2019

NOA1: 09/03/2019(LIN)

NOA2 denied 09/25/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, Quarknase said:

That's the story I saw myself that why we were not considering EU for now, who knows how things will change by autumn. 

I-130
Sent: 12/10/2018 
Delivered: 12/12/2018
NOA1: 12/12/2018 (LIN)

NOA2:  09/25/2019

Sent to NVC: 10/07/2019

Case number assigned and received: 11/05/2019

Fees paid: 11/07/2019

IV changes to paid: 11/12/2019

AOS changed to paid: 11/20/2019 (after calling NVC)

DQ 02/27/2020

Interview: 06/30/2020

Approved: 07/02/2020 (Medical exam delay)

Visa received: 07/10/2020

I-129f

Sent: 08/30/2019

NOA1: 09/03/2019(LIN)

NOA2 denied 09/25/2019

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sinka13 said:

That's the story I saw myself that why we were not considering EU for now, who knows how things will change by autumn. 

Don't worry it doesn't apply for those with US citizen spouses. Although Turkish airlines has great prices these days and let's in tourist from all over..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 minutes ago, AllaR said:

In Central America the rules are so strict. I called their Embassy in DC and they told me that I am not allowed to the country even as a spouse. I am sure some marriages in current situation can be ruined. Video calls are not helping when no physical contact in months.

Which country? 

Can you fill out your timeline?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.