dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2020

893 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Awesome news.Congratulations. When you flying out? What's your POE? Do you have to quarantine. Tell us all about this new world of traveling .

Thank you!

Oh it's all not that fast for us :) we both live together in Ukraine so we don't rush going there yet, also I have a work contract here till the end of summer so we can't move earlier anyways. 

We plan to get tickets around mid September, since it's impossible to predict what borders will be open and move early October to US. We just plan to go to JFK and then his family will pick us up :)

As for quarantine as far as I know the only way to go from Ukraine to US is by going to Istanbul and then to NY and entry from Turkey doesn't require you to quarantine at the moment. Flight to EU are restricted to people who are citizens or lawful residents or are in a list of permitted countries so it's not an option for us (there might be a way to have like a transit thought EU but since it means mandatory quarantine for 2 weeks in the US we haven't considered that route as an option)

I-130
Sent: 12/10/2018 
Delivered: 12/12/2018
NOA1: 12/12/2018 (LIN)

NOA2:  09/25/2019

Sent to NVC: 10/07/2019

Case number assigned and received: 11/05/2019

Fees paid: 11/07/2019

IV changes to paid: 11/12/2019

AOS changed to paid: 11/20/2019 (after calling NVC)

DQ 02/27/2020

Interview: 06/30/2020

Approved: 07/02/2020 (Medical exam delay)

Visa received: 07/10/2020

I-129f

Sent: 08/30/2019

NOA1: 09/03/2019(LIN)

NOA2 denied 09/25/2019

Timeline
3 hours ago, JenIE said:

Oh good, glad they were open and you finally got through!

Thank you! Although it wasn't helpful. Apparently the people on the phone have the same info as on the website, so she told me there are no dates available. Which makes no sense because obviously people are getting interviews in Kyiv, as we see here on vj. 

Emailed them, hopefully will get an answer.

Timeline

Need some help if anyone can answer a few of our questions....our visa is in transit to Jerusalem, we requested an NVC expedite and it was approved and we now requested a transfer to the embassy in Amman because it is difficult for my husband to get into Jerusalem. My questions are:

1. How will we know if Amman approves the transfer, and after it is accepted, will our case still be expedited there.

2. Are expedited cases getting interviews first?

3. And I also read online that if your expedite is approved through the NVC then we schedule the interview ourselves not the NVC?

Sorry I know a lot of questions but we appreciate your help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
15 minutes ago, AllaR said:

Can anybody answer me if all embassies are scheduling interviews now? CR1 visa. My case was approved but NVC and local embassy are not giving me information telling me to wait for email. It has been a month.

Not all embassies are doing interviews yet. Which one are you waiting for? Also, they all have backlogs of people who had interviews cancelled when they shut down, so those cases will be reviewed first along with any expedited cases. You will likely be waiting at least another month or two, as interviews are typically scheduled a month in advance.

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, JenIE said:

Not all embassies are doing interviews yet. Which one are you waiting for? Also, they all have backlogs of people who had interviews cancelled when they shut down, so those cases will be reviewed first along with any expedited cases. You will likely be waiting at least another month or two, as interviews are typically scheduled a month in advance.

Thanks, I am waiting in Central America where is a second wave. Not sure if they are interviewing because nobody is giving me a direct straight forward answer. The borders a re closed and we are separated 4 months now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Just now, AllaR said:

Thanks, I am waiting in Central America where is a second wave. Not sure if they are interviewing because nobody is giving me a direct straight forward answer. The borders a re closed and we are separated 4 months now.

If you fill out your timeline and day which embassy specifically you're waiting for, someone in the same situation might have some more information, but I think it's unlikely you'll get an interview soon. It's definitely a hard situation right now, most of us haven't seen our spouses in months.

2 minutes ago, JenIE said:

If you fill out your timeline and day which embassy specifically you're waiting for, someone in the same situation might have some more information, but I think it's unlikely you'll get an interview soon. It's definitely a hard situation right now, most of us haven't seen our spouses in months.

Can we write a petition to President or Supreme Court requesting to schedule CR1 interviews? I can't believe that so many people are in this situation and nothing can be done. They can't keep the families separated, it is against humanity.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Free123 said:

Need some help if anyone can answer a few of our questions....our visa is in transit to Jerusalem, we requested an NVC expedite and it was approved and we now requested a transfer to the embassy in Amman because it is difficult for my husband to get into Jerusalem. My questions are:

1. How will we know if Amman approves the transfer, and after it is accepted, will our case still be expedited there.

2. Are expedited cases getting interviews first?

3. And I also read online that if your expedite is approved through the NVC then we schedule the interview ourselves not the NVC?

Sorry I know a lot of questions but we appreciate your help!

First you’ll need to have the transfer approved, then you’ll put in another request for expedite.

Expedites are reviewed and approved by the embassy, so they’re not really transferable.

Once the embassy approves your case, NVC ships the file there and the embassy will contact you to schedule an appointment when they have your file.

6 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Immigration is a privilege and not a right, and the process takes time and requires patience. I know it’s hard, but you cannot force the timelines of a privilege.

Covid was unplanned for, and the embassies will resume visa processing when it’s decided to be safe for embassy employees. The US Spouse can travel to the beneficiary for the time being, if they have a valid visa (or no need for such) for beneficiaries country.

Please fill out your timeline as suggested above, for everyone’s benefit :)

My husband was denied in tourist visa since he doesn't have roots with his country. The borders now closed so I can't visit him for 4 months. I can fill the form but I don't see other people with my country in this form so it is not beneficial for anyone at this point.

Timeline
Just now, AllaR said:

My husband was denied in tourist visa since he doesn't have roots with his country. The borders now closed so I can't visit him for 4 months. I can fill the form but I don't see other people with my country in this form so it is not beneficial for anyone at this point.

Your timeline will not only help others and/or support the advise we can give, but also help fill the VJ database for timeline estimations etc. It’s a give and take, and nice to do if not for your own benefit, then for others further down the road. 

Which country is your husband in? I was able to travel to my husbands country even though airports have been closed and all flights (except government approved humanitarian flights) suspended since mid March. One of my coworkers accomplished the same. If there’s a will, there might be a way :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Your timeline will not only help others and/or support the advise we can give, but also help fill the VJ database for timeline estimations etc. It’s a give and take, and nice to do if not for your own benefit, then for others further down the road. 

Which country is your husband in? I was able to travel to my husbands country even though airports have been closed and all flights (except government approved humanitarian flights) suspended since mid March. One of my coworkers accomplished the same. If there’s a will, there might be a way :) 

If the US Citizen is married to a European, Americans are on the entry ban to Europe now so they couldn't go visit their spouse. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

If the US Citizen is married to a European, Americans are on the entry ban to Europe now so they couldn't go visit their spouse. 

That is only partially true. Taking Germany (my home country) as a European country as example, there is an exempt for

• Family members of third-country nationals travelling to Germany for the purposes of family reunification or for visits for urgent family reasons;

I recommend checking the rules of a specific country, since spouses are exempt in many.

While Europe has published general guidelines/rules, each European country refines further within guidelines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.