dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2020

893 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Quarknase said:

I know it’s tough. Especially for us with spouses in MENA region. We lucked out in the beginning - filed in November ‘19 and are DQ since June 22nd. But now our visa category was banned by the president until at least end of the year, so all depends on how fast my local office schedules my citizenship interview.

Stay strong! I spoke to my Manager and received approval to spend lots of time abroad with my hubby (where I am now), maybe you can do something similar? If not - we live in a time where videocalls etc are working great. Let’s be thankful for what we have, and remain positive 💗

Hi- have you heard any recent news on UAE interviews? I tried to message the person that mentioned the whatsapp group (several times) but have not been added. Just wondering what the latest might be, in case you're in that chat. Thanks in advance!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
14 minutes ago, IAQ said:

Hi- have you heard any recent news on UAE interviews? I tried to message the person that mentioned the whatsapp group (several times) but have not been added. Just wondering what the latest might be, in case you're in that chat. Thanks in advance!

Same - I also didn’t get a response but I can add you, someone else invited me there :)

I’m not 100% sure but I think re-scheduling is expected to start soon

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hilde said:

Anyone know if spouses are allowed/expected at the interview? 

How about young children (who are already citizens)?

You should check the “interview” section of your embassy. Some allow spouses, some don’t. Children I am not sure at all, but the embassy site should clarify if any company is allowed and steps to register them if needed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,  got DQ in April and currently waiting for interview. I renewed my passport due to exhaustion of pages and in my application(DS 260, I130) my old passport number is listed. 

any idea what i need to do prior to the interview and will this delay the visa issuance timeline?  

Timeline
58 minutes ago, NYCBLR85 said:

Hello Everyone,  got DQ in April and currently waiting for interview. I renewed my passport due to exhaustion of pages and in my application(DS 260, I130) my old passport number is listed. 

any idea what i need to do prior to the interview and will this delay the visa issuance timeline?  

Hey,

nothing is needed except for the new passport. You’ll probably have to bring the old passport to the interview as well (some embassies instruct “all prior passports). Just check Mumbai consulate interview checklist :)

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
20 hours ago, SETETA said:

This is not about the Schengen Ban but quarantine in the US, where it is recommended but enforced depending only on the state. If you are not exempt from the Presidential Proclamation, you would need to spend 14 days outside Europe before entering US. Times are complicated

///

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
On 7/2/2020 at 5:53 AM, IsItLekker said:

Aging out is considered one of the reasons for expediting a case. Have you tried asking the consulate for an emergency expedite?

Yeah and it was expedited earlier back in April and was cancelled 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Obada.elamin said:

Yeah and it was expedited earlier back in April and was cancelled 

That must have been before April 22nd, when the president banned F2A visa category. I am not sure if there’s an exemption for aging out children of LPR.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

That must have been before April 22nd, when the president banned F2A visa category. I am not sure if there’s an exemption for aging out children of LPR.

Yeah aging out are exempted from the proclamation,  but embassy response is that i should contact the consulate once its reopen 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I got an email from NVC stating that my case has been expedite to post (even though we never applied for an expedite).. did this happen with anyone here?

My status now changed to READY and we are awaiting further steps, I hope the interview will be soon because the waiting has been forever. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
10 hours ago, Yasminebal said:

I got an email from NVC stating that my case has been expedite to post (even though we never applied for an expedite).. did this happen with anyone here?

My status now changed to READY and we are awaiting further steps, I hope the interview will be soon because the waiting has been forever. 

Wow that's amazing, congratulations :) What country are you in btw and what Embassy is your interview at? 

14 hours ago, Yasminebal said:

That’s amazing!!! I have see this happen to several people here. 

Good luck!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.