Nora&Jobany

AOS Interview rescheduled due to COVID

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has received a rescheduled date for AOS interview.

My original interview was on April 2nd, but got cancelled due to COVID. They sent us a letter saying they will reschedule the interview and will send another notice through mail.

Anyone is in the similar situation? And have you received a new date for the interview yet?

I know the offices are reopened on June 4th already. I'm just wondering what is taking so long...

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

My interview was scheduled for the 18th of March and then cancelled. I am still waiting for a new appointment 😕 

AOS Timeline:

Data Filed: 16 November 2019

First NOA: 22 November 2019

BIO Appt: 17 December 2019

Status updated to "Interview ready to be scheduled": 6 February 2020

Status updated to "Interview was scheduled": 7 February 2020

Second NOA: 13 February 2020

Interview appt: 18 March 2020 (cancelled)

Change of address: September 2020

New Interview appt: 18 November 2020

Received EAD/AP combo card: 4 April 2020

Field Office: San Diego. Originally filed in Detroit, MI.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our cancelled interview was March 24. Still nothing received about a new date. Actually, I have yet to see any VJ members say they have been rescheduled for their AOS interview. Pretty sad.

Another VJ member believes the interviews will not resume until the ASCs are re-opened. I personally don't know what to believe. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

My FO is Denver too.

I filed my AOS in June 2019 and my interview has been scheduled and cancelled thrice since Jan 2020.

Even I am waiting for a new interview date or approval of my AOS. Ppl talk about getting in touch with the senator helps. I am not sure. :(.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just received an email that acknowledges that my interview was cancelled and they will let me know when they set a new one. My case on the website has gone from Interview Scheduled, to Waiting to Schedule Interview, to now, Interview Cancelled.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

add us to the list of canceled interviews... our interview was scheduled for March 24th .. we received the notification that it had been canceled on the 20th.

I had heard that offices were reopening but I have still not heard anything about a new interview date. I check the uscis site about 2 times a week ... has anyone tried to call and get a status on interview dates?  it seems like this might be more office location depended and here in the Washington DC area most of the government is still work at home so may still be a while longer before they start scheduling interviews.   too bad they cant to them over teams/zoom/etc

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your replies! I just had my interview today (7/17). We received the notice on 7/3. 

Sorry for the late update , hope it helps! Good luck to you all!

In the same boat. Original interview date was April 2nd, they cancelled in on March 26th and haven't heard back since. The status online says it's ready to be scheduled for interview.

On 6/26/2020 at 4:40 PM, ironeagle17 said:

add us to the list of canceled interviews... our interview was scheduled for March 24th .. we received the notification that it had been canceled on the 20th.

I had heard that offices were reopening but I have still not heard anything about a new interview date. I check the uscis site about 2 times a week ... has anyone tried to call and get a status on interview dates?  it seems like this might be more office location depended and here in the Washington DC area most of the government is still work at home so may still be a while longer before they start scheduling interviews.   too bad they cant to them over teams/zoom/etc

Yeah, I called them and was told she couldn't give me any information, except about my own case. And only the status regarding that too. Not helpful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.