dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2020

564 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
13 hours ago, Rosie91 said:

ood news! They updated to consulate website Amsterdam. they are slowly resuming their services, for now just passport appointments not just emergency anymore, and the rest will follow slowly. :) @AarLar @MegMarc

COME ON PARIS! COME ON! 🤪🤪🤪

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jerus said:

Would you please tell me their email address? And sending an expedite isn’t bad, right? Even if they don’t accept it ?

Thanks 

No, don't worry, it is worth a try. They wont blame you for trying.

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

2 hours ago, Thunder93 said:

Hello everyone! 
Can we get our cases expedited once they have been DQ’d at NVC? Like everyone I’m waiting for the embassy to reopen but they have said they are doing emergency appointments for cases expedited. 

How will I go about expediting? Through NVC or the embassy? 

Call NVC and request an expedite.

9 hours ago, Thunder93 said:

Send Request to Expedite to NVCEXPEDITE@STATE.GOV stating your reason(s) and provide proof (if any) as attachment. NVC will forward your request to the consulate/embassy in question and get back to you with a decision whether approved/denied.

On 6/7/2020 at 12:41 PM, David Utomi said:

Hi,

Concerning expedition, who should request - the petitioner or beneficiary? 

Thanks

I think it can be either! I requested as the beneficiary. But you should include all info for both in the email (full name, e-mails, case number, including two contact numbers for the beneficiary). 

CR-1 VISA TIMELINE (LONDON EMBASSY)

26th May 2019 — Married 💕

12th July 2019 — I-130 sent

19th July 2019 — NOA1, assigned Potomac service center

17th March 2020 — NOA2!
21st March 2020 — NVC case number received, all fees paid
25th March 2020 — Fees accepted, DS-260 completed
26th March 2020 — All NVC documents submitted
19th May 2020 — DQ!
2nd June 2020 — Expedite requested (primarily medical reasons) 
5th June 2020 — Expedite approved by embassy
8th June 2020 — Case in transit NVC --> London

9th June 2020 — Call from London to schedule interview

16th June 2020 — Interview (221G, pending medical results, everything else fine)

17th June 2020 — Medical (mostly went well but something odd was showing on chest x-ray, cue stress)

22nd June 2020 — Medical confirmed all-clear and sent to embassy (P H E W)

2nd July 2020 — Visa status changed to issue, notification from courier

3rd July 2020 — Arrived at depot, informed I can't collect due to COVID-19 lockdown in Scotland. Had to get it rerouted (took a LOT of phonecalls)

4th July 2020 — Visa/passport received!

4 minutes ago, ayestaci said:

I think it can be either! I requested as the beneficiary. But you should include all info for both in the email (full name, e-mails, case number, including two contact numbers for the beneficiary). 

This is correct, I applied as the petitioner and was approved. You should identify yourself as to whether you are the petitioner or beneficiary in the body of the email as well. 

9 minutes ago, KandR18 said:

This is correct, I applied as the petitioner and was approved. You should identify yourself as to whether you are the petitioner or beneficiary in the body of the email as well. 

Hi KanR18,

congrats on yours being approved!! So did the interview get scheduled at the embassy, since it got approved? And if you don’t mind, what reason did you give for expediting?  

I am planning on sending a request today or tomorrow :) 

31 minutes ago, Thunder93 said:

Hi KanR18,

congrats on yours being approved!! So did the interview get scheduled at the embassy, since it got approved? And if you don’t mind, what reason did you give for expediting?  

I am planning on sending a request today or tomorrow :)

We have not received an interview date yet. We requested based on emotional and financial hardship. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/2/2020 at 3:18 PM, Hilde said:

Hi Everyone! So I got a DQ email on May 6th and celebrated. Turns out today I logged in to the CEAC website and found there were actually 2 messages but couldn't open them. So I called NVC and the attendant told me that all docs were approved (that was message #1) but I don't meet the required minimal income requirement (message #2) and that it would be up to the CO's discretion to approve or deny. I had pretty robust evidence of income... but it is what it is...

I thought I was DQ'd and ready to go... so I was SHOCKED to hear this and couldn't even articulate.

Does this mean I should get a joint sponsor and resubmit to NVC or get a joint sponsor and take the paperwork to the interview, in case they ask?
I can't even think straight. So upset.

😔

Make sure you log into the website to see if there are no unread messages...

On 6/2/2020 at 3:58 PM, Punisher said:

Don't worry too much. You have been DQ'ed and everything is up to AO anyway. There is no need to resubmit at this stage, whatever you want to "prove" do it during the interview stage. After all you said  you have robust evidence...

If it is clear (from the paperwork and history) that you will likely not become a public charge, then you are fine. It's not about crossing magic treshold number. Some people do and still get denied because other stuff doesn't check out.

if by the time of interview your (and sponsor's) situation improve, make sure to point that out (proof). If your situation deteriorates or you think it is worse that initially thought, then keep paperwork for joint sponsor handy.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss.  The new rules for public charge have been implemented. If you're unfamiliar, check out: https://www.boundless.com/blog/public-charge-rule-state-department/ and the form is here: https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds5540.PDF

It could benefit you, it may not.  But, better to be prepared than not.  

On 6/7/2020 at 2:11 AM, Thunder93 said:

Hello everyone! 
Can we get our cases expedited once they have been DQ’d at NVC? Like everyone I’m waiting for the embassy to reopen but they have said they are doing emergency appointments for cases expedited. 

@Thunder93 please make sure you go fill out your timeline.  You'll get better answers to your questions if people have a better idea of where you are in the process.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.