RichardW002

The People Working At The Embassy in HCMC Are USELESS

25 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

I’m sorry that you are frustrated but aiming it at government employees is a bit unfair.

Decisions around Embassy reopening are made in Washington by Dept of State so your “lazy government employees” are depending on that decision. Humble yourself - Immigration is not a right, and no timeline is granted. Even more so under current circumstances. You are physically with your Fiancé, what else do you need? Others are waiting apart from another.

If the decision is made by the Department of State then that mean US embassies in the world should be opening on June 4th.. but they arent...

only USCIS is. It would make sense if USCIS is reopening, then US embassies should open too .

And it's true that im with my fiance, but try living in a 3rd world country for a long time and let me know how you are feeling. Hell, even the native people who live in Vietnam are trying to escape from this hell. Let alone me, who was born and raise in the US.

HCMC is a VERY polluted, hot and hellish city in Vietnam. On top of that, I have gluten intolerance and other dietary restrictions. The foods I have been eating everyday is just rice and rice noodles. They don't even have gluten free bread or other foods I am allowed to eat. I brought alot of food with me when I originally came here, but my supply has run out. I had enough for 3 month. I practically filled one big suitcase full of my foods.

Im practically eating chicken and egg and beef with rice and noddles  Let me know you you feel after 7 months of eating the same food everyday..... The pork and fish here are very bad, since it is full of hormones, pesticides and heavy metals.

Back in the US I could easily buy organic pork and Alaskan caught salmon. None of this stuff exist here. 

I have traveled to many countries and no place on earth is better than the US. It's true I can go back to the US, but Im not leaving my fiance behind. and even if I go back to the US and come back to Vietnam, they will place me into a 14 day government quarantine .No way in hell I can stand that.

Edited by RichardW002

39 minutes ago, milimelo said:

Why didn’t you leave when you ran out of food? Or you’re roughing it until visa in hand? 

because the virus shut down everything in march when I ran out of my food.

if it wasnt for the virus, we would have been in the US by now...

and like I said before, it's true I can leave right now, since airports here are open, but if I do come back, they will put me into a 14 day government quarantine. god knows what they will try to do to me...

8 minutes ago, RichardW002 said:

because the virus shut down everything in march when I ran out of my food.

if it wasnt for the virus, we would have been in the US by now...

and like I said before, it's true I can leave right now, since airports here are open, but if I do come back, they will put me into a 14 day government quarantine. god knows what they will try to do to me...

So stay in the US until she has the visa? And there’s 14 day stay inside when you return to the US as well. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

47 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Wonder why you are going the K1 route when marry and CR1 would seem the much better option.

Sadly many on here are separated from their loved ones for long periods of time, just part of the process.

Alaskan Salmon is usually processed in China, wonder why it can not be obtained there?

Because k1 is faster than cr1. If we did cr1 we would still be at noa 1. 

And lets say we did cr1, the embassy is still not doing interviews. So how would that help?

The fish and salmon here are mostly farmed raised which is filled with hormones and heavy metals. I did manage to find norway caught salmon, but it was farmed raised and twice as much as the US. I just laugh when I saw the price.

Just now, milimelo said:

So stay in the US until she has the visa? And there’s 14 day stay inside when you return to the US as well. 

Then our case will be weak if Im not with her at the interview. Im not risking that chance.

If we get denied for a BS reason such as "proof of relationship not strong/legitimate", then all of this wait time would be a waste. 

Trust me, I know what Im doing. I have thought of this many times.

6 minutes ago, milimelo said:

yes, but the 14 day quarantine in the US is inside your own home... not a government facility....

here is vietnam in a government facility. 

1 minute ago, geowrian said:

If the plan is to remain abroad until the interview, I'm assuming you have a co sponsor lined up (or large assets).

yes I do. 

Edited by RichardW002

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
56 minutes ago, RichardW002 said:

yes I do. 

So why is there an issue buying decent food?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

@RichardW002it's really unnecessary cursing them out like that.below is the link to the P3 you seek. https://vn.usembassy.gov/packet3k

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

1 hour ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

@RichardW002it's really unnecessary cursing them out like that.below is the link to the P3 you seek. https://vn.usembassy.gov/packet3k

yes, I already know about the online version, but I am pretty sure I have to wait for the embassy to email/mail the packet 3 that is related to our case, or can I use this one instead?

Can anyone else here confirm this?

Can I use this online version packet 3 to schedule medical and do the other steps listed, or do I have to wait until the embassy mails it to me?

edit..

I just read on here that I can't schedule medical until I actually get packet 3 from the embassy. see picture. I underlined in in green

again, can anyone else confirm this?

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 5.29.14 PM.png

Edited by RichardW002

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, RichardW002 said:

yes, I already know about the online version, but I am pretty sure I have to wait for the embassy to email/mail the packet 3 that is related to our case, or can I use this one instead?

Can anyone else here confirm this?

Can I use this online version packet 3 to schedule medical and do the other step listed, or do I have to wait until the embassy mails it to me?

thanks

AFAIK... Visa validity is tied to medical... If you do it too early your visa will be shorter or worst case scenario you will have to redo it again. 

it's from a post by @Greenbaum. Before I shared it with you I went through it and it specifically said do not schedule interviews until the embassy sends you the P3.

I would advise you you it for informative purpose only and gather the necessary documents you need for the process in advance. 

Your process will be significantly faster if you respond to P3 24hrs after the embassy sends it to you... That will only be possible if you already know what they will ask for. 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.