cainBrain

Received an RFE requesting proof that my fiance returned to her home country...?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Ok, so I recieved an RFE to complete the 2 year requirement.  But am dumbfounded what they need? I included airline itineraries back to Venezuela on all five of her trips here.  Seems like job justifying work to me .  However, I will send them copies of her passport that clearly show that she recieved an "entrada" stamp for all five visits.  Other than going around asking for affidavids from people, I do not have access to anything else and I need to get this to the USICS processing center in California by July  13th 2020.  My question is: Assuming they can read the passport stamps, will this satisfy the requirement?     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  I have included one photo from her passport. 

THanks for any and all comments

Trip1EntryExit.png

Edited by cainBrain
to turn on replies

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, cainBrain said:

Ok, so I recieved an RFE to complete the 2 year requirement.  But am dumbfounded what they need? I included airline itineraries back to Venezuela on all five of her trips here.  Seems like job justifying work to me .  However, I will send them copies of her passport that clearly show that she recieved an "entrada" stamp for all five visits.  Other than going around asking for affidavids from people, I do not have access to anything else and I need to get this to the USICS processing center in California by July  13th 2020.  My question is: Assuming they can read the passport stamps, will this satisfy the requirement?     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  I have included one photo from her passport. 

THanks for any and all comments

Trip1EntryExit.png

When did you file? What is your NOA1 date? 2017 is when she returned? Is that the last time she was here? Does that date fall within a two year period from the date you filed? 

Edited by Solaris81

Timeline

Yes, the date I filed was December 2019. She traveled here a total of five times.  That passport is obviously outside, sorry, but this is an example of the legibility.  I guess I will have to translate what Entrada means.  

Edited by cainBrain

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

You should write a short affidavit explaining all visits and dates and make a quick table of what you attached as proof.

passport stamps and travel itineraries - never assume that they have it even if you already sent them - , receipts and photos of trips you made together, with dates and description. Anything you can think of that proofs that you were in the same place at the same time as a couple. If the RFE is only for 2 year requirement there’s no need to bother about all years, only the trips within 2 years before filing.

Timeline

I am going to make an assumption here that whoever is adjudicating my application already has our itineraries and photos.  But I appreciate your feedback 🙂.  I also sent a table listing all of our trips with clearly marked post it notes attached to all original pictures and itineraries.

Edited by cainBrain

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, cainBrain said:

I am going to make an assumption here that whoever is adjudicating my application already has our itineraries and photos.  But I appreciate your feedback 🙂

Itineraries and photos are secondary evidence and if that is what you submitted then that is why you received the RFE,  you need to send primary evidence such as boarding passes and passport stamps 

YMMV

Timeline

But they can look up the I-94's to see when she entered and exited the US.  This just seems like busy work to me.  Can I print the I-94's from online?    

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, cainBrain said:

But they can look up the I-94's to see when she entered and exited the US.  This just seems like busy work to me.  Can I print the I-94's from online?    

It is your responsibility to show evidence.   The USA does not have exit controls so the i94 may not help you

YMMV

2 minutes ago, cainBrain said:

But they can look up the I-94's to see when she entered and exited the US

I-94s only show entries as immigration doesn't track exits directly.   They do get passenger lists from the airlines.   Do they always match them up?

Did you try to look travel history at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline

Can you comment on whether the passport stamps are legible?  I swear this has to do with the current administrations tough stance on immigration.   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I included a copy of my wife's i94 history with her application. It showed Arrival and Departure dates that are accurate. Maybe that will help you out along with the passport copies.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/history-search

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

Delivered: Mar. 12, 2019                               Aug. 12, 2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

I-130 sent to NVC: Oct. 8, 2019

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

A Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy 

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020

Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....

POE: Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

SSN: Oct. 23, 2020

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transfered to NBC

NOA3 - Mar 6, 2023 48 month GC extension letter

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Update - Oct 6, 2023 Case status update to show fingerprints taken  

:clock:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, cainBrain said:

Yes, the date I filed was December 2019. She traveled here a total of five times.  That passport is obviously outside, sorry, but this is an example of the legibility.  I guess I will have to translate what Entrada means.  

Not sure what you mean by outside. I speak Spanish so I know what entrada means. 

When was the last time she was here prior to you filing? If for example, her last trip was May 2017 and you filed in Dec 2019..that would be more than two years. 

4 hours ago, cainBrain said:

No.  The burden is on YOU to provide evidence.  Primary evidence of the two year meeting requirement include passport stamps and boarding passes.

4 hours ago, cainBrain said:

This just seems like busy work to me.

Nope,  you want her here; you do the work.  Apparently what you submitted wasn't clear to the person adjudicating you petition. 

Twice it has been mentioned to check to see if here corresponding entries and exits are listed on the I-94 site.

I kept, and still keep a spreadsheet of every international travel of mine and my wife's.  We keep digitized copies of boarding passes and landing slips online.  I even include land trips to Mexico.  It has helped with border agents more than once for countries that had lax records and when we don't carry cancelled passports.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.