cainBrain

Received an RFE requesting proof that my fiance returned to her home country...?

21 posts in this topic

During my K1 process I got an RFE to translate my Birth certificate from English to English. I am English! I rolled with it and did exactly as they asked.

I would follow everyone's advice and submit primary evidence. Passport stamps and boarding passes. IMO the stamps you posted are legible. BUT I would still annotate all passport scans that you send with a short explanation of what exactly is being shown. Clarity is key. Don't leave any room for misinterpretation. If you want an easy immigration process, do whatever they ask. 

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Sounds a bit weird... Can you post a picture of the RFE after removing your personal data from it?

The wording and 2 years you mentioned seems like they are referring to a two year home residency requirement? Is your fiance studied in the US?

Edited by ineedadisplayname

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just because it was already kind of on my mind and this thread seems relevant.

My fiancee no longer has the boarding passes from the two trips we've taken together. I have 4 of them, 2 from each trip. We also obviously have all our passport stamps. Will it be a problem if we can't provide any of her boarding passes?

Also, for her passport stamps, is a photo okay as long as the dates are visible or does it need to be a scan?

Edited by dadadada
Formatting

1 hour ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Sounds a bit weird... Can you post a picture of the RFE after removing your personal data from it?

The wording and 2 years you mentioned seems like they are referring to a two year home residency requirement? Is your fiance studied in the US?

That's what the wording sounded like to me as well ("I recieved an RFE to complete the 2 year requirement.").

At the same time, the 2YHRR is not a factor for approval of a petition....it only impacts the visa. I think it's just poor wording.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
8 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

That would actually make a lot more sense, if OP is the petitioner.

Either way, OP, your views on immigration (assuming they should put the case together on your behalf) will make it tougher on you and your fiancé.

They’re not responsible to investigate and/or put any proof into a timeline. You are responsible to submit a package that can be reviewed as is. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Thank you for everyone's comments.  

Some more background on our journey: 

- She had a tourist visa issued by the US consulate in Caracas and always traveled here to the states; we always met within 6 hours driving distance (therefore, I do not have entry and exit stamps on my passport) 

- She did not keep her boarding passes (who thinks to do this?) 

- I flew on one occasion to Miami but it was before the two-year window and stayed at a hotel with her; the receipt says two adults, nothing to indicate her name

- I have her passport stamps, as posted earlier and will annotate to point out her entry date back to Venezuela

The exact wording on the RFE is:

"You submitted printed travel itineraries and photos as eveidence of satisfying the two year meeting requirement.  However, the printed travel itineraries are insufficeint evidence because they do not deonstrate that travel was completed according to the itineraries submitted.

Therefore, submit addiitonal evidence, not already submitted, that you and your fiance have met each other in person at some time during the two-year period from December 23, 2017 until December 23, 2019, the filing date of your petition. " 

- I have affidavits from my mom (from Thanksgiving 2019), and a friend (from July 2019) with photos

- I will include copies of her exit and entry stamps on her passport (again, I never traveled out of the country)

- I will try to find her I-94 history

What else can I do?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.