hopeholder5922323

I NEED help , my family is in pain , please?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, hopeholder5922323 said:

Was the divorce in the absence of your wife i.e. you were not both resident in Egypt? If so, this could be the problem. Was your ex-wife properly notified? Officially?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For immigration purposes, you cannot divorce a US Citizen in your home country when you both reside in the US.  You have to file divorce in US Courts.  Therefore, they deem divorce invalid.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Timeline

Its very embarassing

ery humiliating

bad memories

U r right 

exactly

i divorced my american wife while i was in egypt 

escaping her family abuse  

i was self petitioning my self

vawa

so i was living in egypt waiting for my vawa i360 to be decided

she was abcent in the usa

but she was legally residant of egypt as we were living in egypt before and had her usa passport stamped with the legal residance in egypt

i divorced her in the egyptian court  registration office

they forced me to give her active address in usa

forced me to pay fees for registered mail to make sure she was properly informed and announced with the divorce

Perfect civil divorce that wascregistered in the civil office in egypt  translated by ministery of justice in egypt and noterized and registered in the egyptian ministery if exterior and the american embassy in cairo

what i do ?

how to divorce her in america?

is it long time taking to divorce her in america

cost much money?

please help

u look like u know all

have u been there?

thank u

Edited by hopeholder5922323

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like you are in Egypt?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I lived in usa for years after the problems

then i went in vacation to visit my mother in egypt

and i am stuck now till the ban

please guys

its very hurting to me

dont ask just to chat

if u can help

i beg u do

if u cant 

dont just chat

it insults me to remember all this

i was beeing to a doctor after the abuse

it took years and i am not titally recovered yet

please?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I strongly suggest you get a competent attorney to guide you and answer your questions. From your communication skills or lack thereof, I am of the opinion you’re not the kind of applicant who should be handling these things yourself.

Edited by Ray.Bonaquist

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****  Moving from Bringing Family to AP/ Waiver form as most appropriate *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

14 hours ago, hopeholder5922323 said:

I cant afford a lawyer sir and i handled every thing myself till now with help of kind people like u sir

People here can and will help, but we are limited by your lack of info in your posts.  It sounds like you have married someone in Egypt without having legally divorced your American wife?   

If that is the case, nothing can be done until you obtain that divorce decree from a US court.  There is simply no way around that, as bigamy is illegal throughout the USA.  

I agree that you probably need a lawyer - if anything, to help mitigate the language barrier.  Lawyers are expensive - there is no way around that. You may need to stay and work in Egypt until you have enough money to pay for legal fees.

18 hours ago, hopeholder5922323 said:

so i was living in egypt waiting for my vawa i360 to be decided

I read through your post history and want to confirm- you filed the 360 and then had an interview in the US right?  And you did this divorce in Egypt prior to the 360 approval?  The main thing you need to understand is you can only live (be a resident of) one place at a time. You can NOT be eligible to file for divorce in Egypt because you are a resident there and at the same time be eligible for 360+485 approval in the US because you are residing there. Does that make sense?  So most likely you were NOT living in Egypt when you divorced but you were there as a visitor.

Also you stated you did not use a lawyer. An appeal to the BIA usually requires a lawyer and its unlikely you put together a compelling legal brief on your own. It also seems based on what you posted that you have no basis to win the appeal. An attny would have to review your exact dates and documents to see if your divorce was valid and if it was prepare a brief explaining why it is valid. People can do BIA appeals on their own if the denial was clearly incorrect and all thats needed to prove so is the BIA reviewing the documents. This is not your case....

I think you should forget about the appeal since it is most likely going to be denied and focus on getting a valid divorce done in the US.  Contact the clerk at your local court to see what you need to do to divorce, all courts have different requirements, you can also check your local courts webpage for more information . Do you know where your ex spouse is presently? If not there is a process for serving someone that you dont have an address for.  Do you know if she filed any divorce proceedings against you in the last 4 years that you may have missed? You can check with the local court where she lives to find out. (A person can only file divorce where they live). You may have to check with different courts if she has moved during the last 4 years or so. If there is no valid divorce then you need to get one and then marry your current spouse again. (you may even need to divorce your current spouse).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.