1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

When you click on the message you have to wait like 2 minutes. Are you trying on yh4 phone or laptop?

I tried both didnt make any difference. I click and wait like 5-10 minutes doesnt work and the websites kicks me out😀

23 minutes ago, melike said:

I tried both didnt make any difference. I click and wait like 5-10 minutes doesnt work and the websites kicks me out😀

Have you tried calling NVC? If u cant read your messages maybe you can call to ask what the message says. Sometimes they give you important messages regarding what to take to interview.

2 hours ago, CamChad42 said:

We got our DQ as of today🌞🌞🌞🌞 now waiting to see about the Embassy opening back up for the completion of this long exhausting process...

Everyone still waiting please know NVC is working and aren’t asleep...lol

When did u submit?

I had also advised anyone that is petitioning someone to submit everything even when they don’t ask the first time around. I didn’t know they needed my divorce decree being I submitted it to USCIS. NVC said everything moved over to electronically filing so all docs submitted to USCIS needed to be resubmitted electronically to NVC

My wife and I have 2 children. One is my stepson and the other my biological son. My biological son is a US citizen with a US passport.

On the DS 260 it asks "is the child immigrating with you?" For my stepson who has a case with nvc I of course put yes. My biological US citizen son is of course coming with us to the USA but is he immigrating with my wife? Should we put yes or no?

Edited by TVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
18 minutes ago, TVC said:

My wife and I have 2 children. One is my stepson and the other my biological son. My biological son is a US citizen with a US passport.

On the DS 260 it asks "is the child immigrating with you?" For my stepson who has a case with nvc I of course put yes. My biological US citizen son is of course coming with us to the USA but is he immigrating with my wife? Should we put yes or no?

I think the key word in that sentence is "immigrating", it doesn't say "traveling". Your US citizen son isn't immigrating because he's already a citizen, so I'd put no. 

We have some difficulties getting papers from the IRS since its closed, we want to add an explanation letter telling them this issue and that we will bring de docs to the interview. Is there a specific template to write an explanation letter?

Edited by Rosie91

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

47 minutes ago, Rosie91 said:

We have some difficulties getting papers from the IRS since its closed, we want to add an explanation letter telling them this issue and that we will bring de docs to the interview. Is there a specific template to write an explanation letter?

Do it in word and save it as a PDF doc. It will only let u submit in PDF or JPG.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
2 hours ago, anto3knee said:

DQ!!

First and only submission: March, 22nd 2020

So relieved right now! Here’s to more DQ’s for all of you still waiting, it will happen soon enough!

Congrats!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 hours ago, two_black_cats said:

Thanks but no luck... Waited for good 10 minutes

Yeah. Mine never show. Although, I can't say never. I had one show one time. I waited 20 minutes. The ppl at the call center told me that the program they use is very old and when a lot of ppl are trying to log in it backs up and crashes the system. Also, they suggest using internet explorer rather than Google Chrome. It didn't work for me, but may for somone else. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys, I have a question regarding the 2yr and 10yr green card.

I heard it takes months to receive the green card after arriving to U.S.

Our 2nd anniversary will be on Feb 2021.

Let's say my husband gets here by December 2020 and he gets the green card in march 2021. Would he qualify for 10yr green card? 

Or does it have to be 2yr at the time of Consular Interview or POE? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.