1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
48 minutes ago, Biola said:

Hello guys, 

I just got my I-130 approved. The letter we received from NVC was addressed to my husband. They asked for the applicant to pay $120 and the beneficiary to poat $325.  Does it matter who pays and completes the application? I just want to make sure we do not make any mistakes. 

Congratulations 🎉🎊 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone, getting ready to submit the Affidavit of Support info - I see this question is asked a few times but still doesn't give total clarity -- 

Do I put N/A for absolutely everything that does not apply to us?

According to the instructions, you put N/A when a question does not apply to you (so I did so for immigrant's middle name, etc), but what about the entire sections with Optional written in parenthesis? Did you put N/A in ALL those spots too? Or because it's optional already, it can be left blank? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, knmuffin said:

Hi everyone, getting ready to submit the Affidavit of Support info - I see this question is asked a few times but still doesn't give total clarity -- 

According to the instructions, you put N/A when a question does not apply to you (so I did so for immigrant's middle name, etc), but what about the entire sections with Optional written in parenthesis? Did you put N/A in ALL those spots too? Or because it's optional already, it can be left blank? 

I think I left most spaces that did not apply to us blank. Like for example other family members or other immigrants I didn't write N/A just left it blank. It was accepted that way

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Hello everyone, 

do you guys know what will happen with us waiting for an interview? My embassy is not posting anything about this ban or whatever, im wondering if ill need new police certificate and pictures maybe some other things as well.. any information is good, cause i havent gotten any news since being dq’d on march 3rd.. 

❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, NellyIsaac said:

Hello everyone, 

do you guys know what will happen with us waiting for an interview? My embassy is not posting anything about this ban or whatever, im wondering if ill need new police certificate and pictures maybe some other things as well.. any information is good, cause i havent gotten any news since being dq’d on march 3rd.. 

❤️

My guess is that you might need a new police certificate if yours expired by the time the interview takes place. At this point, no one knows when the embassies will open - and it will vary from country to country, depending on how each country is handling the COVID19 situation. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hello guys,

My cr1 interview for march 23 was cancelled and rescheduled for june 2, do you think that i should re-do my medical check up ? I already did it on march 9 and the results were sent to the embassy

1 hour ago, Wonder cheese said:

hello guys,

My cr1 interview for march 23 was cancelled and rescheduled for june 2, do you think that i should re-do my medical check up ? I already did it on march 9 and the results were sent to the embassy

I'd call the embassy and make sure of this. You might or might not have to do the medical on this.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, Wonder cheese said:

hello guys,

Medical is valid for 6 months. Depends when you want your visa to expire, if you want it to be valid longer then you'd need a new medical.

2 hours ago, Wonder cheese said:

hello guys,

Hi! What embassy is thiS and when was it rescheduled?

Edited by AarLar
Added an extra question

18 hours ago, knmuffin said:

I just paid my fees and trying to complete the affidavit of support. Can I just download from the USCIS website and start filling it out or I have to wait for the form to appear on the NVC website? Also having trouble determining which I-864 form to fill out. There is I-864, I-864EZ and I-864A. 

Anyone knows how this works? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Biola said:

I just paid my fees and trying to complete the affidavit of support. Can I just download from the USCIS website and start filling it out or I have to wait for the form to appear on the NVC website? Also having trouble determining which I-864 form to fill out. There is I-864, I-864EZ and I-864A. 

Anyone knows how this works? 

You'll have to download it from USCIS website, fill out, print, sign, scan, upload to NVC account. Make sure to scan all pages, even if you don't fill anything out on the last two pages.

Form I-864ez is the easiest to fill out. You can only use it if ALL of the below apply to you:

You may use Form I-864EZ if ALL the following conditions apply:
1. You are the person who filed or is filing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for a relative being sponsored;
2. The relative you are sponsoring is the only person listed on Form I-130; and
3. The income you are using to qualify is based entirely on your salary or pension and is shown on one or more Internal
Revenue Service (IRS) Form W-2s provided by your employers or former employers.

If not, you'll use the I-864. The I-864A I BELIEVE is for household members that serve as co-sponsor. A non-household member co-sponsor would also have to file the I-864. But on this part I'd have to let others confirm, because I used the I-864ez and don't know the specifics for co-sponsoring.

13 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

You'll have to download it from USCIS website, fill out, print, sign, scan, upload to NVC account. Make sure to scan all pages, even if you don't fill anything out on the last two pages.

Form I-864ez is the easiest to fill out. You can only use it if ALL of the below apply to you:

You may use Form I-864EZ if ALL the following conditions apply:
1. You are the person who filed or is filing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for a relative being sponsored;
2. The relative you are sponsoring is the only person listed on Form I-130; and
3. The income you are using to qualify is based entirely on your salary or pension and is shown on one or more Internal
Revenue Service (IRS) Form W-2s provided by your employers or former employers.

If not, you'll use the I-864. The I-864A I BELIEVE is for household members that serve as co-sponsor. A non-household member co-sponsor would also have to file the I-864. But on this part I'd have to let others confirm, because I used the I-864ez and don't know the specifics for co-sponsoring.

Thank you so much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.