2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 6/12/2020 at 8:00 PM, Buma said:

We just received a courtesy letter regarding my medical exam which I didn't include. Hoping it's going to be sent to a local field office now :)

Hey Buma, have you had your medical exam done yet? I have not had mine done my yet since all the doctors offices were closed due to Covid and have now just started opening up. What did your courtesy letter say/are there any issues with it? Good luck, I hope they start processing your case!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
10 minutes ago, AlanaM said:

Hey Buma, have you had your medical exam done yet? I have not had mine done my yet since all the doctors offices were closed due to Covid and have now just started opening up. What did your courtesy letter say/are there any issues with it? Good luck, I hope they start processing your case!!!

Hey Alana, I didn't get it done since it's only valid for 6 months and want to do it once I know it's at the field office/ready for an appointment. There are no issues with the courtesy letter, just letting us know that we will have to do the exam with or without an interview. What did yours say??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Buma said:

Hey Alana, I didn't get it done since it's only valid for 6 months and want to do it once I know it's at the field office/ready for an appointment. There are no issues with the courtesy letter, just letting us know that we will have to do the exam with or without an interview. What did yours say??

Oh OK so they don't mind that you don't have it done yet, they were just letting you know that you will need to get it done at some point. I haven't received any information on my case yet, everything still just says case received. So I guess I don't need to rush to have my medical exam done 😅 I just wanted to make sure that the fact you don't have the I-693 submitted straight away won't go against you in any way!

Timeline
2 hours ago, AlanaM said:

Oh OK so they don't mind that you don't have it done yet, they were just letting you know that you will need to get it done at some point. I haven't received any information on my case yet, everything still just says case received. So I guess I don't need to rush to have my medical exam done 😅 I just wanted to make sure that the fact you don't have the I-693 submitted straight away won't go against you in any way!

I don't think it does, someone else (April filer) also got the courtesy letter with the same statement. No worries :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Charlesvb12 said:

anyone get their bio metrics appt since the field offices opened back up.. Apirl 14th Rec Date here

my understanding is that nothing is even going to be considered to start scheduling until after June 22, "at the earliest"  so it could be later.  

Edited by kayden123

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
43 minutes ago, portorusa said:

Can somebody please clarify the validity of medical exam for AOS from non-K1...is it 6 months or 1 year? 

The instructions for the form says 2 years but maybe you'll find someone who can answer that better in the subforum for AOS from everything but K1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 6/11/2020 at 12:15 AM, kayden123 said:

Call one of the Credit card company s, We called Trans-union, Request a letter stating you do not have credit history.  Send that in and we also sent a letter explaining why my wife does not have credit yet and how we plan to get her positive credit when she is able to get a social and work.

That's a big help. Appreciate you.

What other supporting documents you provided for I-944?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, srihil said:

That's a big help. Appreciate you.

What other supporting documents you provided for I-944?

i honestly dont recall off hand, I sent it almost 3 months ago and havnt really looked at it since there is nothing being done right now anyways. 

Just read the instructions, the things that i recall are Education, English language education, credit, taxes (if it applies to you)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Anyone who has successfully used Emma to get connected to a representative - What did you say to get connected? Every time I try to use Emma it just keeps giving me really useless links to other places or saying it doesn't understand my message. 

Timeline
Just now, eabrophy said:

Anyone who has successfully used Emma to get connected to a representative - What did you say to get connected? Every time I try to use Emma it just keeps giving me really useless links to other places or saying it doesn't understand my message. 

I used to type in 'representative' and it would connect me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Buma said:

I used to type in 'representative' and it would connect me

Weird! I tried that and it sent me another list of choices that linked out to other places on the website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.