2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
50 minutes ago, BeTheGood said:

I-94 expires 05-19-20 so will be unlawful after that and also came on i-129 based k-1 visa so i think if it goes in after i-94 expires will have to include i-130 form  and and additional $535...do you know?

If you are no longer under k-1 status at the time of filing then yes you will need to do a i 130. Are you already married? If so what haven't you file?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, malajoe said:

Why do you think yours will take more time?

Awesome. Congrats

Because it's just getting delivered today. And on top of that I just figured out that I lost my receipt with the tracking number in the midst of working on the car. 😞 So I don't even know if it has each there or not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Rambava said:

Because it's just getting delivered today. And on top of that I just figured out that I lost my receipt with the tracking number in the midst of working on the car. 😞 So I don't even know if it has each there or not.

Did you use USPS app or sign In online- your tracking history may still be available- did you sign up for text or mail notification?

if you paid with C.C you should be able to backtrack the transaction and get USPS to print a copy of your tracking number.

3 hours ago, BeTheGood said:

I-94 expires 05-19-20 so will be unlawful after that and also came on i-129 based k-1 visa so i think if it goes in after i-94 expires will have to include i-130 form  and and additional $535...do you know?

2 hours ago, malajoe said:

If you are no longer under k-1 status at the time of filing then yes you will need to do a i 130. Are you already married? If so what haven't you file?

@malajoeNo, you do NOT need to do the i-130 and pay the extra fee.  I am POSITIVE of this.  Not only is it all over this forum if you do a search, but I also called USCIS and confirmed AND asked about this with legal aid.  As long as you got married within the 90 days, you can file after your i-94 expires using all the same forms you would have.  No i-130, no extra fee.  

Since we got rejected twice, by the time our third filing happened my husbands i-94 was expired, which is why I did all the research.  Our forms were accepted as well. 

However, @BeTheGood, if you are not yet married and do not marry within your i-94 window, then you DO need to do the extra steps.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, kec523 said:

@malajoeNo, you do NOT need to do the i-130 and pay the extra fee.  I am POSITIVE of this.  Not only is it all over this forum if you do a search, but I also called USCIS and confirmed AND asked about this with legal aid.  As long as you got married within the 90 days, you can file after your i-94 expires using all the same forms you would have.  No i-130, no extra fee.  

Since we got rejected twice, by the time our third filing happened my husbands i-94 was expired, which is why I did all the research.  Our forms were accepted as well. 

However, @BeTheGood, if you are not yet married and do not marry within your i-94 window, then you DO need to do the extra steps.  

Yh that's why i asked if they were married or not

1 minute ago, malajoe said:

Yh that's why i asked if they were married or not

Well, saying "if you are no longer under K-1 status" does not make it sound like you were differentiating between being married or not - I think it's REALLY important to be super clear with answers in this space.  One comment can explode, as we just saw with this whole form thing, especially if it is not clear and different people start to interpret it in different ways.  We are all anxious and stressed about this process already, so it's easy to spiral into "freak outs" over small things, especially if we aren't all really clear with the information we share in this public manner. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Viking said:

Did you use USPS app or sign In online- your tracking history may still be available- did you sign up for text or mail notification?

if you paid with C.C you should be able to backtrack the transaction and get USPS to print a copy of your tracking number.

I went in store and didn't do the online or in app. I did pay through CC so maybe I can explore that option. I will try to find it all one more time in the house and the car specifically. 

5 minutes ago, kec523 said:

Well, saying "if you are no longer under K-1 status" does not make it sound like you were differentiating between being married or not - I think it's REALLY important to be super clear with answers in this space.  One comment can explode, as we just saw with this whole form thing, especially if it is not clear and different people start to interpret it in different ways.  We are all anxious and stressed about this process already, so it's easy to spiral into "freak outs" over small things, especially if we aren't all really clear with the information we share in this public manner. 

Yes they are married...I am the co-sponsor for my son's new wife and I live in a different state so I am here sweating bullets by myself while they are blissfully in love! :-)  Thank you so much kec523 for the info to help calm my nerves.

3 minutes ago, BeTheGood said:

Yes they are married...I am the co-sponsor for my son's new wife and I live in a different state so I am here sweating bullets by myself while they are blissfully in love! 🙂 Thank you so much kec523 for the info to help calm my nerves.

Yay! Congrats!! I know it's so hard to celebrate during these crazy times and while going through this process.  But yep, there's one thing you don't need to worry about! 

Hey all.. just wanting to check with others.. are we supposed to get 3 or 4 texts? I just checked all the case numbers I received. 

I got:

1. I765 received 

2. I131 received

3. Finger print fee received for I485

Am I supposed to have a text saying I485 received?

I'm hoping someone can just put me at ease.

Thanks VJ friends!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone,

We just mailed my husband's packet via USPS Priority Mail. Expected to arrive at the Chicago lockbox on Monday. If it had not been for the I-944, we would have been able to send everything off a week after we got married. The I-944 caused us to jump through so many hoops and wait on a lot of documents. Oh well. We're just happy we finally sent it off and hoping to hear that it's been accepted without any issues soon. 🙏

Edited by PatSquared

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
47 minutes ago, YvetteS said:

Hey all.. just wanting to check with others.. are we supposed to get 3 or 4 texts? I just checked all the case numbers I received. 

I got:

1. I765 received 

2. I131 received

Thanks VJ friends!!

If they gave you the fingerprint fee received update then that's already a step ahead after the received update so you're good. 

If you check your case status online you'll see the I 485 received status below.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
58 minutes ago, YvetteS said:

I got:

1. I765 received 

2. I131 received

Thanks VJ friends!!

I got the same! I think people who receive 4 texts are those who also filed for form I-130. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.