dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, The1plus said:

Thank you so much for the update. When you file can you show me what exactly did you write to explain them? That would be so much relief. 

I hope they approve this and accept pcc at the time of interview.

They did not mention to me in the email that I can submit the PCC at the time of the interview.

So I think I will wait to get the PCC and then submit my application to avoid getting any checklist later on.

The current lockdown situation in India is only supposed to last until May 3rd, so we are planning to wait until May 3rd to submit our application.

It is so unclear coz to one of the applicant on this thread the NVC emailed saying they can submit it on the day of the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Hey,

We submitted at the beginning of the month and explained that "police clearance is currently not available because [fill your institution that provides it here] is currently closed due to covid-19. As advised by NVC representative over the phone, the Police Clearance Certificate will be presented at the time of the interview".

Hope this helps.

NVC is not consistent with what they are saying to the applicants about PCC submission.

In my email they never mentioned we can submit it on the day of the interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
37 minutes ago, bharath and manu said:

NVC is not consistent with what they are saying to the applicants about PCC submission.

Understood. For us it was enough that they confirmed to multiple people to proceed this way. Unlike India, my spouses country didn't communicate a re-opening date yet so we don't lose anything by trying :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/25/2020 at 9:07 PM, Lolonyo said:

Thanks for your input. Do you mind pasting that link here so I could check out the reasons why they had issues with it if they qualified to use the I-864EZ?

Quick search and found em

My intention is not to stress anyone on this thread, just to share a bit of information I've read in the past few months. 

Ultimately it is the applicant's & petitioner's decision to use whatever form they want.  

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

1 hour ago, TamMhmd said:

Happy Monday!

Current case review time: As of 27-APR-2020, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 11-FEB-2020.

But according to this forum.. they may be farther along then they are letting on.

Here is what i compiled from last weeks posts in our community: 

First and only submitting was April 16-->  DQ Apr 21
First and only submission.Feb 16 --> DQ Apr 23
First Submission:  March 6 --> DQ Apr 23
First submission March 26 -->Apr 23, RFE request

2nd Submission Feb 10 --> April 23, RFE request

Thanks. This is very helpful 

4 hours ago, bharath and manu said:

Hi,

I didn’t submit one of my PCC. I wrote a note of why it was missing , also said that I will bring it to the interview and they accepted it. And I got DQ. 

They don’t need to tell you,  it is obvious that you will need to present it the day of the interview. Without it your case won’t be complete. You don’t want the Consular officer to ask you for it and you don’t have it with you. 

We all must be prepared. We don’t want our visa to be put on an administrative processing.

I don’t mean to be mean nor rude, it is just that you can't let your guard down because they didn't mention it in the email.

1 hour ago, TamMhmd said:

Happy Monday!

Current case review time: As of 27-APR-2020, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 11-FEB-2020.

But according to this forum.. they may be farther along then they are letting on.

Here is what i compiled from last weeks posts in our community: 

First and only submitting was April 16-->  DQ Apr 21
First and only submission.Feb 16 --> DQ Apr 23
First Submission:  March 6 --> DQ Apr 23
First submission March 26 -->Apr 23, RFE request

2nd Submission Feb 10 --> April 23, RFE request

Ive noticed this aswell, im wondering if they are prioritizing US spouse/kids now with 80% staff working these and 20% working the rest of the cases so when the ban is lifted the backlog would not be too great?

i submitted docs at 16th of april so im having my fingers crossed 🙌

Edited by AarLar
Added my submit date

47 minutes ago, AarLar said:

Ive noticed this aswell, im wondering if they are prioritizing US spouse/kids now with 80% staff working these and 20% working the rest of the cases so when the ban is lifted the backlog would not be too great?

i submitted docs at 16th of april so im having my fingers crossed 🙌

As I know, NVC processes all visa types, so it could be the Executive Order "helping" our cases of spousal immigrants. As in, we will somehow move forward of others that are affected by the EO.

But who knows! We can just wait & pray. 

Fingers crossed for you! 

Edited by TamMhmd

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, can anyone help me regarding what to do with filing 2019 taxes?? I am not able to file online because we don't have the ITIN for my spouse, which leaves us with the only option of paper filing. However, IRS says on their website they're not processing paper returns right now due to COVID.

I would just upload my 2018 tax transcript for NVC, but I did not meet the income requirement on 2018 taxes. I met the requirement for 2019, and my current salary is well above the guidelines (I have employment letter, paystubs, 2019 w2s and 1099s), but I don't have the tax return or transcript for 2019. I don't know how long I'll have to wait for the paper return to be processed, and this is the only thing holding us up. Every other document has been uploaded. Any advice? Really don't want to get stuck at this stage.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Katie & Camilo said:

Hi, can anyone help me regarding what to do with filing 2019 taxes?? I am not able to file online because we don't have the ITIN for my spouse, which leaves us with the only option of paper filing. However, IRS says on their website they're not processing paper returns right now due to COVID.

I would just upload my 2018 tax transcript for NVC, but I did not meet the income requirement on 2018 taxes. I met the requirement for 2019, and my current salary is well above the guidelines (I have employment letter, paystubs, 2019 w2s and 1099s), but I don't have the tax return or transcript for 2019. I don't know how long I'll have to wait for the paper return to be processed, and this is the only thing holding us up. Every other document has been uploaded. Any advice? Really don't want to get stuck at this stage.

I did meet the income requirements in all tax years, but I am in the same situation with ITIN and paper filing (I actually mailed the package to the PO box so I don't know if it was picked up or got lost smh). Here's what I did:

Required documents

I-864ez. Under current income I filled my actual current annual income (which I received in 2019 as well)

2018 tax transcript

Additional documents

2018 W2

2018 1099

2019 W2

2019 1099

For each of the four I added a short explanation under notes, e.g. for 2019 W2 and 1099 "supporting documentation for "current income" in I-864ez"

I hope this helps. Please note that I haven't received DQ or anything yet (we submitted 18 days ago), but I feel somewhat confident about this solution :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Thank you!! My only hesitation is not meeting the requirement on my 2018 transcript and using that as my required doc. I'm thinking of filing 2019 by paper, and then scanning/uploading the 2019 tax return as the required document, with 2019 w2s and 1099s, 2018 transcript as additional docs. I guess my question would be, would my 2019 tax return be considered "filed" even if the IRS hasn't received it yet? Would it be valid if I upload it before IRS receives it by mail?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.