dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I’m a Venezuelan citizen married to US Citizen. Our case was sent to the NVC on March 20. We are waiting for our welcome letter. 

Here is the situation, I’m currently living in Mexico City as a tourist. I had to leave Venezuela last year went traveling to Madrid to our honeymoon. My country is a mess and the Us closed the embassy there on March 2019. So, I can stay here for 180 days as a tourist and travel outside de country and come back even the same day and they give another 180 days to stay. It is totally legal, said by the immigration authorities here when the first 180 days were about to end.

I got so far almost all my Venezuelans civil documents, I need to get the police certificate here from Mexico, I’ve been living here almost a year. I just need the welcome letter as a proof of why I need the police certificate for. And the passport pictures. Which that I will be done with my part.

As for my husband, I have copies of this passport, driving license, the AOS form. Divorce final decree. He is self employed so he sent me a copy of his business license. But for the taxes part is where we are confused. We file jointly this year by applying for and ITIN number in one of the IRS Acceptance agencies here in Mexico. But it is taking more time than normal for this Coronavirus circumstances. So we only have the tax return and my W7. 

When the moment comes of uploading the documents, can anyone tell me the best way to upload the taxes. Should we use the whole taxe return in the same file that my w7? Or Separately? How should we divide the taxe return? Please help!  

thank you in advance! 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, David G said:

When the moment comes of uploading the documents, can anyone tell me the best way to upload the taxes. Should we use the whole taxe return in the same file that my w7? Or Separately? How should we divide the taxe return? Please help!  

thank you in advance! 

Hi David,

Welcome here. :)

I'm not a big pro on this. But I know that your document have to be separated. For more clarity but also, because each document have to be less than 2Mo (so if you put taxe return and w7 in one, it may be more). Each taxe returns have to be uploaded as a separete document.

Other members here will give you more precise help.

Take care,
Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all, 

Today my check was deducted out of my account for the I -129f application I sent in. Is it safe to say that my application was accepted with no issues?  What should be the next thing I look for ? A letter in the mail? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Ms. Clarke said:

Hello all, 

Today my check was deducted out of my account for the I -129f application I sent in. Is it safe to say that my application was accepted with no issues?  What should be the next thing I look for ? A letter in the mail? 

I think folks in the K1 groups can advise you better - we're all CR1/IR1/F2A visas here :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ms. Clarke said:

Hello all, 

You'll likely get your NOA1 in the next week in the mail, yea

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

I think folks in the K1 groups can advise you better - we're all CR1/IR1/F2A visas here :)

Oh snap! Lol I am in the wrong chat . Sorry everyone.. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, David G said:

Hi everyone! I’m a Venezuelan citizen married to US Citizen. Our case was sent to the NVC on March 20. We are waiting for our welcome letter. 

Here is the situation, I’m currently living in Mexico City as a tourist. I had to leave Venezuela last year went traveling to Madrid to our honeymoon. My country is a mess and the Us closed the embassy there on March 2019. So, I can stay here for 180 days as a tourist and travel outside de country and come back even the same day and they give another 180 days to stay. It is totally legal, said by the immigration authorities here when the first 180 days were about to end.

I got so far almost all my Venezuelans civil documents, I need to get the police certificate here from Mexico, I’ve been living here almost a year. I just need the welcome letter as a proof of why I need the police certificate for. And the passport pictures. Which that I will be done with my part.

As for my husband, I have copies of this passport, driving license, the AOS form. Divorce final decree. He is self employed so he sent me a copy of his business license. But for the taxes part is where we are confused. We file jointly this year by applying for and ITIN number in one of the IRS Acceptance agencies here in Mexico. But it is taking more time than normal for this Coronavirus circumstances. So we only have the tax return and my W7. 

thank you in advance! 

There are no special requirements on whether you even need to upload W7 at all. it is a separate form where you apply for ITIN, it is not a part of the tax return neither it is one of the documents that they ask for while uploading, just like they wouldn`t ask for the form to apply for SSN if you were to apply for one (just as an example).

If you really want to upload it I believe you could attach W7 as a document under "other" and write a note. but honestly I don`t see how it would matter.

If you filed jointly and counting your foreign  income then you might need the forms for that income whatever they might be in Mexico.

17 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hi David,

Welcome here. :)

I'm not a big pro on this. But I know that your document have to be separated. For more clarity but also, because each document have to be less than 2Mo (so if you put taxe return and w7 in one, it may be more). Each taxe returns have to be uploaded as a separete document.

Other members here will give you more precise help.

Take care,
Alix

Thank you!

8 hours ago, two_black_cats said:

There are no special requirements on whether you even need to upload W7 at all. it is a separate form where you apply for ITIN, it is not a part of the tax return neither it is one of the documents that they ask for while uploading, just like they wouldn`t ask for the form to apply for SSN if you were to apply for one (just as an example).

If you really want to upload it I believe you could attach W7 as a document under "other" and write a note. but honestly I don`t see how it would matter.

If you filed jointly and counting your foreign  income then you might need the forms for that income whatever they might be in Mexico.

Thank you! I’m not working here in Mexico. Because I don’t have residency or work permit. 
The best way to upload it will be by separate de tax return? I mean.. 1040 in the AOS and schedules and w7 under additional documents?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Guys I received an update from NVC stating they need W2 forms of all years of my sponsor. 

My question is, will it take another 2 months for them to review my case again? It says accepted on all other documents. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 1.42.19 PM.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
8 hours ago, David G said:

Thank you! I’m not working here in Mexico. Because I don’t have residency or work permit. 
The best way to upload it will be by separate de tax return? I mean.. 1040 in the AOS and schedules and w7 under additional documents?

Where do you plan on interviewing? Because without residency or a work permit in Mexico (unless they do things differently), you won't be allowed to interview in Mexico.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lecterme88 said:

Guys I received an update from NVC stating they need W2 forms of all years of my sponsor. 

My question is, will it take another 2 months for them to review my case again? It says accepted on all other documents. 

Unfortunately yes, they’ll take another 2 months but sometimes they review it the very next day but if only you’re lucky enough.

2 hours ago, Jamie Solo said:

Where do you plan on interviewing? Because without residency or a work permit in Mexico (unless they do things differently), you won't be allowed to interview in Mexico.

I think that  decision will depends on the NVC. The US Embassy in Venezuela has been closed since last year and I don’t think it will be reopened soon. 
I think that they will send our case to US consulate in Bogota for interviewing. Well, it is my guess. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.