dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Ow man, what a journey you both have been through. How tough. I am very happy for you, you have been super patient (I know you did not really had the choice, but I've seen couples dropping the whole process because it was taking too long and it was too stressful).

CONGRATULATIONS :)

4 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Ow man, what a journey you both have been through. How tough. I am very happy for you, you have been super patient (I know you did not really had the choice, but I've seen couples dropping the whole process because it was taking too long and it was too stressful).

CONGRATULATIONS :)

Thanks alix. True long journey and very patient I can’t believe it Thanks god 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Congrats to those who are DQed am at the stage of paying fee, so I just paid for AOS waiting for them to unlock the IV FEE part. I hope it doesn't take long.

If you are applying for a spouse, and a step child, please let me know the correct manner to fill out the I864.

My spouse, and my stepchild (3 years old) have separate I130's, and separate case numbers at USCIS even though they were submitted together.  And at this point, separate NVC logins.  Does that mean I fill out an I864EZ for each one?  The rules on this seem a little unclear, as it says you can't file the 864EZ if you are bringing multiple on the same application, and instead must fill out the 864.  But, even though they're coming together, everything has been separate so far.

Please let me know how you are proceeding and getting DQ'ed in this situation.

Thank you!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Louis61404 said:

If you are applying for a spouse, and a step child, please let me know the correct manner to fill out the I864.

My spouse, and my stepchild (3 years old) have separate I130's, and separate case numbers at USCIS even though they were submitted together.  And at this point, separate NVC logins.  Does that mean I fill out an I864EZ for each one?  The rules on this seem a little unclear, as it says you can't file the 864EZ if you are bringing multiple on the same application, and instead must fill out the 864.  But, even though they're coming together, everything has been separate so far.

Thank you!

@Inita this sounds like you can potentially provide some insight :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Quarknase said:

@Inita this sounds like you can potentially provide some insight :)

Hi there :) I think our case was a little different... we did have separate case numbers at NVC too, but my husband filed the i864 for me and for my son he filed an i485 as the kid will gain citizenship on entry as he is adopted. I think for step children it is different...

I130 Priority Date October 14, 2019 - Potomac Service Center 

Sent I129F which was received on Jan 23, 2020 - I think this helped expedite our case.

I130 approved - April 9, 2020! 

*** I'm so happy to be joining you guys here for the NVC stage! Wish you all the very best! Cheers to one step closer to being with our spouses!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
5 hours ago, Louis61404 said:

Thank you!

You will have to complete an i864 for each family member. That i864 will then be loaded into each individuals NVC account. Under the sponsors I864 document addition. My husband did same for me and my daughters. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/8/2020 at 11:17 AM, Shemuz said:

Yeah. PCC is Police Clearance Certificate. I’m actually not sure. I’m not sure if the NVC representative gave me the correct info, but she said that it’s no problem as long as he has it when he attends the interview. She said to choose the N/A option and leave a note that he is unable to obtain it now due to the lockdown and that he will have it at the interview. I’m not sure if this is going to be accepted. I will have to wait and see if the NVC accepts this and gives us DQ. 

My husband was able to apply and get an appointment for PCC in Mumbai (20/04). If the lockdown extends, I guess we'll submit everything without the PCC, but if we're lucky enough to get it quick (I'm not sure how long it takes after visiting the PSK?), we'll be able to upload it with all other documents. The DS-260 isn't available for us yet as fees are still processing, but hopefully we'll be able to work on it by Monday 🤞🏼

Timeline
1 hour ago, Anmol Yash said:

My husband was able to apply and get an appointment for PCC in Mumbai (20/04). If the lockdown extends, I guess we'll submit everything without the PCC, but if we're lucky enough to get it quick (I'm not sure how long it takes after visiting the PSK?), we'll be able to upload it with all other documents. The DS-260 isn't available for us yet as fees are still processing, but hopefully we'll be able to work on it by Monday 🤞🏼

My husband also booked an appointment for April 20th in Chennai. If he gets it then and NVC doesn’t accept our documents without the PCC, then we will submit it. But with the way things are going, I don’t think the lockdown will be lifted by then. I think my husband’s appointment will most likely be canceled/postponed. For me, the fees took a day or two to process. I hope yours is processed soon so you can begin working on the DS-260. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.