dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jackrayane said:

Still nothing so far, tired 😓 stressful this wait. God 

D6D88785-8C1B-4479-97A5-C2EA46D67798.jpeg

Stay strong my friend. We are almost at the same period, mine was 24th January with the RFE now. I guess they put us back on the line. 

God is hearing you and he had a plan for you even before you born and he will never put on your shoulders more than you can handle. 

We are all tired, believe me. I want to have kids I want to have my own house. It looks crazy that we only ask for simple things but we have to suffer... 

Anyways good luck 🤞 and stay strong! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I Received my MNL number on the 31st of March our case status is still "in Transit"  should we still fill out is the DS160   and pay the fee now even though  our  case may be ready for a while? Manila is still under lockdown until the April 30th

Edited by KJ34

5 hours ago, Fener12 said:

My timelines are the following:

USCIS:

May-03-2019 --- NOA1 (Potomac Service Center -  IOE receipt#)

Nov-07-2019 --- RFE

Nov-08-2019 --- RFE replied (via online)

Nov-14-2019 --- NOA2

NVC:

Jan-20-2020 --- Case number received

Jan-21-2020 --- Fees paid

Jan-28-2020 --- AOS and IV documents submitted

Apr-03-2020 --- All documents accepted except my I864EZ form. They said I did not qualify to use EZ form. However, I, for sure, am qualified to use EZ form. I called NVC on Apr-3, could not talk to a supervisor.

Apr-06-2020 --- I called NVC on Apr-6 again and talked to a supervisor. The supervisor stated that EZ form can be used in my situation.

Apr-07-2020 --- Documentarily qualified. Thank you NVC.

How they connect your call to supervisor? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
24 minutes ago, YasArr said:

How they connect your call to supervisor? 

I first explained my situation to a representative. Then the representative connected me to her supervisor. 

In my situation, the error was clearly from the NVC side. On the phone, I tried to be direct, clear and very very polite.

You can always ask to speak with a supervisor. They will help you if their error is apparent. 

Hey everyone,

First I would like to congratulate everyone who received a DQ! For those who are just beginning the NVC journey, good luck and let's all be patient together :) I am so thankful that NVC is still working hard despite everything going on with Covid-19. 

Can someone help me with this? I really want to avoid having to re-submit any documents. My mom will be acting as a household member for me since I just became employed (graduated college in May, therefore - have never filed taxes). I must "prove" my relationship somehow with my mother. It says on NVC that this can be a signed written letter describing the relationship. My mom was born in Greece, so it's difficult to obtain her birth certificate. Second question - what other documentation do I need to submit on my mom's end in terms of financial documents? Any tips are greatly appreciated! :) thank you everyone, hope everyone is well. 

45 minutes ago, Nenz.i said:

Hey everyone,

First I would like to congratulate everyone who received a DQ! For those who are just beginning the NVC journey, good luck and let's all be patient together :) I am so thankful that NVC is still working hard despite everything going on with Covid-19. 

Can someone help me with this? I really want to avoid having to re-submit any documents. My mom will be acting as a household member for me since I just became employed (graduated college in May, therefore - have never filed taxes). I must "prove" my relationship somehow with my mother. It says on NVC that this can be a signed written letter describing the relationship. My mom was born in Greece, so it's difficult to obtain her birth certificate. Second question - what other documentation do I need to submit on my mom's end in terms of financial documents? Any tips are greatly appreciated! :) thank you everyone, hope everyone is well. 

I believe that your birth certificate rather than your mother's  should be able to prove your relationship with your mother.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 4/6/2020 at 9:17 PM, Shemuz said:

Hi. Is there anyone here who filed at the Mumbai Consulate?

I have! My USCIS account was updated with a petition approval notice yesterday (04/06) and I received an email from the NVC with the case number today (04/08) and was able to pay the AOS and IV fee. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

For the people who get DQ on march, and still active here, is there a lot of delay for the interview (due to the covid situation)? Or it mainly depends on the different embassies ? Thanks !

2 hours ago, Jules Barre said:

For the people who get DQ on march, and still active here, is there a lot of delay for the interview (due to the covid situation)? Or it mainly depends on the different embassies ? Thanks !

Sometimes it depends on the country how long your interview date will be. though due to the covid situation all interview dates been canceled. So for the ones that have been canceled they will reschedule them first before they do any new ones. Though we are not sure when that will happen for embassy to open. I got my DQ on march 5 and it takes my country 30 days to request one though it'll be late now for my wife interview since they will reschedule the ones that had it canceled before they send me one. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Anmol Yash said:

I have! My USCIS account was updated with a petition approval notice yesterday (04/06) and I received an email from the NVC with the case number today (04/08) and was able to pay the AOS and IV fee. 

Congrats! I’m at the NVC stage too. I paid the fees and submitted all documents other than the PCC. My husband is unable to obtain the PCC at this time due to the lockdown. The passport offices are closed. I was just wondering what other filers from the Mumbai Consulate are doing about the PCC. 

3 hours ago, Shemuz said:

Congrats! I’m at the NVC stage too. I paid the fees and submitted all documents other than the PCC. My husband is unable to obtain the PCC at this time due to the lockdown. The passport offices are closed. I was just wondering what other filers from the Mumbai Consulate are doing about the PCC. 

Same here. I submitted all  documents on  end of February. Now waiting for DQ

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, Jules Barre said:

If you plan to have your itw in Paris Embassy, the usual (normal) delay is about 3-4 weeks from the moment you receive the ITW letter. But with Covid, I don't know. All the itw  have be postponed, so it's piling up.

We have been DQed early April, I expect to get the itw letter in 3 weeks with an appointment early June (that may be postpone...)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.