R😍S

Return to normal

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone, I'm on September 1, 2019. My interview was April 7.  Because of the corona virus, all interviews in Brazil were canceled, the US consulate closed with no date to open.  How do you guys who have the interviews canceled deal with that?  What is your opinion when things will return to normal?

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, R😍S said:

Hello everyone, I'm on September 1, 2019. My interview was April 7.  Because of the corona virus, all interviews in Brazil were canceled, the US consulate closed with no date to open.  How do you guys who have the interviews canceled deal with that?  What is your opinion when things will return to normal?

May or June.  Maybe

Timeline

I sold my apartment furniture, would go to my family's house, all the tickets bought plus accommodation at the hotel because the consulate is in another state.  Now I have nothing, it seems like a big nightmare.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, R😍S said:

I sold my apartment furniture, would go to my family's house, all the tickets bought plus accommodation at the hotel because the consulate is in another state.  Now I have nothing, it seems like a big nightmare.

Same, I had a hotel and flight booked. My interview was supposed to be tomorrow but was cancelled. Luckily I got my money back on the hotel and flight. I hope you can get your money back too - If not maybe you can ask for a credit. You will eventually need it anyways when the embassy reopens. It really is a big nightmare :( I open it’s over soon. 

Timeline

I'll try.

40 minutes ago, JFH said:

Hopefully soon. It’s starting to depress me as I have lost almost all our household income because of it. I was somewhat uplifted today to see that my state, Washington, has started to flatten the curve. Staying home works. 

I'll try.

I think it's bad to provide an estimate because as we have seen thus far, no one really knows how much longer this will go on.  But if you go by China and South Korea as models, the curve will likely be flattened by the middle of April, and we'll start to see a more positive trend of more people recovering than getting sick.  As long as people follow lockdown and quarantine guidelines, no reason it can't happen, so I'm quite optimistic as long as testing is being done properly, which seems to be iffy to non-existent in some states, but exceptional in others.

Once the curve starts to drop even a little, governments will be willing to slowly open things back up, allowing a bit more free flow of passengers for business or family reasons to travel (tourism will still be at a halt far longer), but under more intense scrutiny, including tests before and after a flight.  Best thing we can do to make everything go more smoothly is do our part and stay quarantined, and be sure to advise your loved ones and friends.  Don't be afraid to shame those who think they are above all of us and can do what they want, when they want.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, R😍S said:

My interview was supposed to be March 23rd. Family visa F3. Our consulate in Montreal Canada closed 5 days before our interview. We have waited 13yrs for that interview so I'm heartbroken. 

No idea how long it will take but we just spent $1000 on our medicals and I am worried they will expire and we'll have to get those again along with our criminal checks that expire in May. 

Also worried that once they open that they may make us reschedule ourselves and if people that were behind us in their interview date book before us we could be pushed back in our interview date. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
10 hours ago, R😍S said:

Sept or so 

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
15 hours ago, givionte said:

I think it's bad to provide an estimate because as we have seen thus far, no one really knows how much longer this will go on.  But if you go by China and South Korea as models, the curve will likely be flattened by the middle of April, and we'll start to see a more positive trend of more people recovering than getting sick.  As long as people follow lockdown and quarantine guidelines, no reason it can't happen, so I'm quite optimistic as long as testing is being done properly, which seems to be iffy to non-existent in some states, but exceptional in others.

Once the curve starts to drop even a little, governments will be willing to slowly open things back up, allowing a bit more free flow of passengers for business or family reasons to travel (tourism will still be at a halt far longer), but under more intense scrutiny, including tests before and after a flight.  Best thing we can do to make everything go more smoothly is do our part and stay quarantined, and be sure to advise your loved ones and friends.  Don't be afraid to shame those who think they are above all of us and can do what they want, when they want.

I really wouldn't go by China, and especially not South Korea, since its first documented case was the same date as ours (1/20), but ramped up testing and took other measures really quickly. So far our trends are more closing mirroring Italy unfortunately. The one bit of good news is Italy is starting to finally see the spread slow down, and it hopefully has passed its peak. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

32 minutes ago, usmsbow said:

I really wouldn't go by China, and especially not South Korea, since its first documented case was the same date as ours (1/20), but ramped up testing and took other measures really quickly. So far our trends are more closing mirroring Italy unfortunately. The one bit of good news is Italy is starting to finally see the spread slow down, and it hopefully has passed its peak. 

Agree'd. We have states that aren't taking this seriously. The curve was flattened due to serious measures taken in those other places.

With the states picking and choosing how they want to deal with it, it's causing things to take longer. The Texas Gov said "Well we don't need to force things on everyone because only 54 out of 200+ counties have it", but the cities in Texas that do have it are openly not enforcing the stay at home rule. People aren't getting pulled over, shoo'd, nothing that is causing people to stay home.

They just made it so if you are traveling from certain states into Texas you have to 14 day quarentine, but at the same time, the roads aren't being watched. 

The city said everyone could go to the parks, but no playgrounds, so... everyones at the park. Then the cities going what? wait. No! Not like that, we meant if you wanted to go on a jog do that, not take your whole family of 4 to the park!

I'm a manager at a grocery store and we still have people making trips for chex mix and soda. People still doing their twice a week shopping because that's what they've always done. It's insane.
One employee posted on our intranet page saying that they were told to keep going to work in the stores if their daughter tested positive as long as they don't show symptoms (even though this can be asymptomatic). They are in Houston. Blue Cross Blue Shield told them this. They don't feel comfortable with it but they don't want to have to choose between income and no income.

So while some states are flattening the curve, others are not. For something overall like Immigration, it's going to take a heavy majority of the states to flatten the curve overall, but at this rate I wouldn't expect to see an overall change until June/July at the earliest.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, R😍S said:

It was canceled twice, now an interview for September.

@DeParaquedasBrasi did you see this? Seems that interviews have started to be scheduled... in Sept!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Hilde said:

@DeParaquedasBrasi did you see this? Seems that interviews have started to be scheduled... in Sept!

Meus Deus!!!! I jumped out of my chair when I read this haha. Thank you so much for tagging me. I’d like to know if more people have had interviews in Rio. This gives me hope. 😍

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.